VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 155 Votes

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
nice start
hope you get to 3some fun no matter the choice of path... you know: either bosses or newcomers :)

Tony_AG

Oct 29, 2017
Hope the game has more story than no more secrets. The previous game a bit short imo. Anyways gonna check this game out, cheers

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Cool update, although, I was a little frustrated that I had no choice but to cheat on Emma with Lauren/Lisa. I hate forced stuff like that where you are given no choice but to cheat. So it was either blowjob or a kiss, so I took the kiss since it was the lesser offense of the two. And I know some don't consider a kiss cheating, but apparently the MC does as he admits it was cheating later on to Tris (and she berates him for it). So yeah, that part ruined it for me.

I'm liking the game so far, but in the future I hope we can have an actual choice to avoid those type of situations. I'll stick around to see how the story progresses at least, unless we are put in more situations like that.
I understand your point of view and I knew that this would upset some people.

The reason why I forced a few things here and there was to show what type of person mc is in the beginning of the game and how he will progress from that point.
In a normal situation this would only happen in the first episode to lay the story better, but I didn’t want to rush the content of the first episode and add this just there, because I want the player to understand the mc and shape him the way he likes.
In the future you’ll have the chance to come clean and stop whatever goes between the mc and the other girls, or just cheat and feel guilty at first then cheat again, with less remorse, till he cheats on a daily basis... but that would be one path. You’ll be the one to choose his destiny.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I understand your point of view and I knew that this would upset some people.

The reason why I forced a few things here and there was to show what type of person mc is in the beginning of the game and how he will progress from that point.
In a normal situation this would only happen in the first episode to lay the story better, but I didn’t want to rush the content of the first episode and add this just there, because I want the player to understand the mc and shape him the way he likes.
In the future you’ll have the chance to come clean and stop whatever goes between the mc and the other girls, or just cheat and feel guilty at first then cheat again, with less remorse, till he cheats on a daily basis... but that would be one path. You’ll be the one to choose his destiny.
I mean, it's your story to tell so I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you how to do things. But you mention that you want to show us what type of person the MC is in the beginning and how he will progress from that point, so does that mean you're showing us that the MC is a cheater normally? That he'll cheat on his girl to get a job done? Kind of confusing.

I would expect that if I was on Katrina's path (The Club path), because of the fact that it is supposed to be the bad boy path and such. But I'm on the Darlene path (The Real Estate path), which is supposed to be the good, caring path where you treat women with love and respect (as per the walkthrough explanation lol). But I'm forced to cheat on my girl, so guess the MC is not much for love and respect after all.

I don't know. Like I said, I would of expected it if I was on the bad boy route, but not on the good guy route. Yet you say it's to show what kind of person the MC is, so regardless of bad or good route, the MC is the cheating type. Kind of makes me not like the MC now lol. Sorry, and no offense, but your explanation kind of made it worse lol.

But like I said, I'll see where the story goes still. If it's not my cup of tea, I'll bow out, but still wish ya the best with your game. :)

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I mean, it's your story to tell so I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you how to do things. But you mention that you want to show us what type of person the MC is in the beginning and how he will progress from that point, so does that mean you're showing us that the MC is a cheater normally? That he'll cheat on his girl to get a job done? Kind of confusing.

I would expect that if I was on Katrina's path (The Club path), because of the fact that it is supposed to be the bad boy path and such. But I'm on the Darlene path (The Real Estate path), which is supposed to be the good, caring path where you treat women with love and respect (as per the walkthrough explanation lol). But I'm forced to cheat on my girl, so guess the MC is not much for love and respect after all.

I don't know. Like I said, I would of expected it if I was on the bad boy route, but not on the good guy route. Yet you say it's to show what kind of person the MC is, so regardless of bad or good route, the MC is the cheating type. Kind of makes me not like the MC now lol. Sorry, and no offense, but your explanation kind of made it worse lol.

But like I said, I'll see where the story goes still. If it's not my cup of tea, I'll bow out, but still wish ya the best with your game. :)
The MC is in a confused stage at the moment. You are on the good day route, but you just started the good route. He won't cheat to get the job done, it was a one time thing if you want. In episode 3 he'll have a discussion with Emma and from that point you'll decide what to do later, but like I said you just started the good/bad path. The development of the character will take some time.

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
Based on what others have said, the first release of this game is developed in a month or two? That's impressive. I know some people complain this is derivative, cliched and barebones, which I do see their point. However, what is impressive is the execution and the speed of it. I think this is a smart thing to do after his more ambitious follow up to No More Secret isn't as well received. This is executed as well as it can be considering the circumstances.

There's definitely a feeling of the story being a bit "write as it goes", but the dialogue is entertaining and relationships are developed at a good pace.

It's one thing doing something safe and overdone, but the execution is another issue entirely.

Reactions: Zeeke

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Yeah, I have to agree with you here. The MC doesn't like that he cheated on his girlfriend but at no point during the situation did he think about the fact that what he was going to do was cheating nor did he try to get out of receiving a blowjob or kissing a woman he'd met 10 minutes beforehand. There should be a third option to not be a POS who whores himself out to make a sale. I have a feeling that we're just not going to be able to avoid cheating since that would mean that there is no lewd content until either Emma shows up or they break up, I doubt that RC is going to have a slow burn no lewdness path in the game.

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
The uncanny resemblance to Connor and Joyce from Midnight Paradise, is unfortunate.
We're all mostly aware of the limited selection, and cost of DAZ assets by now, especially Male MCs,
but it helps to browse the scene and check out the competition, at least get feedback from a few connoisseurs of the genre,
that could have spotted this and maybe prevented that from happening.

Ah well, I'll still check it out, but now it's forever gonna be compared to MP, however good or bad that will be.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.20 star(s) 155 Votes