VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 155 Votes

N7Pi3

Feb 4, 2018
I know that I have made some mistakes with NMS so for this one I have the plan laid out better.
Landlady and roommate will have the same ammount of content.
The potential girlfriends (Emma, Lisa, Lauren) will have the same amount of content
Katrina and Darlene will have the same amount of content.
I really like the idea of this. I hope you can stick to it and execute it well. Good luck with your game my man.

Reactions: royalcandy

Prog1r

Sep 22, 2020
The problem is happening, I want to support you with PayPal account but is not taking payment and it is showing that there was an issue trying to process your payment on Patreon.
This can sometimes happen if your card is expired, no longer valid, or has insufficient funds. But I am supporting two developers from PayPal, they are not having such a problem in time.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
The problem is happening, I want to support you with PayPal account but is not taking payment and it is showing that there was an issue trying to process your payment on Patreon.
This can sometimes happen if your card is expired, no longer valid, or has insufficient funds. But I am supporting two developers from PayPal, they are not having such a problem in time.
I appreciate it. Not sure what could be the problem for this. Maybe try again next month after the payment goes through for the other two developers if you still want.

Reactions: Prog1r

nKae

Jul 26, 2018
I'm getting this error when I open the gallery
Edit: I'm an idiot nvm

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gallery/gall_back.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery/gall_back.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\RenPy\NoMoreMoney-0.2.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery/gall_back.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
No More Money 0.2.0
Mon Mar 22 23:54:43 2021

Last edited:

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
game is pretty cool, but I wish the dev would write something other than incest, or atleast give us the option to stop with the perving on the mom/sister.
The dev can't write a good story so he makes an incest game.. because thats an easy way to make money without writing anything compelling.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
And people wonder why devs stop coming here.....
Nah, I wonder why they come here in the first place. Sure there is some marketing potential, developers could find some patrons on here. But overall I feel it is too similar to arguing with children, grumpy horny children (I should know as one of the grumpiest, most childish assholes on here).

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Nah, I wonder why they come here in the first place. Sure there is some marketing potential, developers could find some patrons on here. But overall I feel it is too similar to arguing with children, grumpy horny children (I should know as one of the grumpiest, most childish assholes on here).
tenor - 2021-03-23T030629.346.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
The dev can't write a good story so he makes an incest game.. because thats an easy way to make money without writing anything compelling.
Two reasons for that:
1. I'm just trying to take your money. I don't really care about a story.
I mean why would I make things complicate to add two different paths and make the different stories. On one path you're going to get involved with the mob, do shady stuff, make money in a strange way, develop a character and on another path you become a family man who is going to have a tough moment that will leave a mark on his life and after that decide to act like a vigilante against the mob. Why would I do something like that when I can just create a dull story where you get to fuck everyone without creating connections.
2. My first game was also an incest game and I created a fan base made out of people who enjoy incest game. If I'm going to change it I'll loose half of patrons.

That's exactly why we come here. It's one of the the best place to promote a game for free, because there are people who enjoy the work we do and they decide to join and support our work, because beside the haters around.
And also here you can see honest opinions. You can see both good and bad criticism, which might help a developer in his game.

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018

Hi guys,
I hope you all had a fantastic week and enjoyed the second episode of the No More Money game

PROGRESS STATUS

After releasing the second episode, I took a two days off to relax and think about the next episode. During this time I have played a few games and decided that my game is missing some features.

So I have started to work on those. For now I have the structure for two new features
  • Achievements
    A list of photos that you unlock based on your decisions. The images will be unlocked on the Main Menu level, unlike No More Secrets or Rejected No More. Once you have unlocked an image it will be always there.

I'm trying to create a way for the players to unlock the achievements without needing to play the game a second time.
  • Named Savings
    One of my patrons suggested that with two big paths it is hard to remember which save is which, so I created a way to name the savings.
Someone is still fixing some typos and I'll release a version 0.2.1 soon with the fixed text, named saves, but I'm not sure if the achievements will be ready for version 0.2.1 or I'll wait until episode 3.

Also I have laid out the events for the next episode and I can only say that it will be bigger than both episode 1 and episode 2. I'm expecting around 400-500 renders which is going to be a little bit bigger, but I'm quite positive that I'll be able to complete it until the end of April.

ABOUT THE PATHS

I noticed that some things were a little bit unclear regarding the paths. If you are on the good guy path, that doesn't mean you won't be able to cheat or you won't be able to do bad stuff, it's just that the MC will feel different based on his path.

Also character development will take a few episodes. It's not like he went on the bad boy path and suddenly he acts like the world is on his feet.

The big difference of the paths will be how he sees the world and how he thinks about women, but like I said, this is going to take a while.

Best regards,
Jason

Prog1r

Sep 22, 2020
I appreciate it. Not sure what could be the problem for this. Maybe try again next month after the payment goes through for the other two developers if you still want.
Ok i will try again next month
And find out where the problem is going on

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019

One of my patrons suggested that with two big paths it is hard to remember which save is which, so I created a way to name the savings.

Easy fix as I did, create a save as you are asked to pick the job, now create 2 new saves leaving the option save alone and having a save for each Boss

Left save was the question for whom you will work for
Middle save was working as a real estate
Right save was working for the Club

But renaming a save would be great "_"

test.png test2.png

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 155 Votes