VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
The game is already too long and has lots of filler. You really want additional 100 hours of useless dialogues and events that don't progress the story?
I mean like the dev said "The goal of the game is not to fuck the girls, but to tell a story." so why not...:confused:

MartinKrpan

May 15, 2020
I said it before and I will say it again and probably I will say it a few more times in the future.

My game or this episode for that matter is not worth 40$ and never will. With 40$ you can buy quite a few games or a really big game from a well known company. On patreon I am not selling the game. I gather people who like my game and want to support me. Some of them support me with 1$, 5$, 20$, 40$. In exchange for their support I give them things. If you support me with 5$ then you can get the game. That's that, but in order for me to return the favor to those who had the possibility to support me more I give them the game earlier. That's the least I can do since they believe in the project and want to help the development. That's all.

If you go on Steam you can see that the first season is free and for the second season you have to pay. The third season will also be available there to be bought, when it's ready, because that's when I will sell it. So on Steam I am selling the game to the price I think it's fair. If you have another opinion that's on you.
However on patreon I am NOT selling the game, but in exchange for monthly support I give people rewards. The biggest reward someone can get, beside some monthly pictures or whatever I am posting, is the game, but some of them get the game with integrated walkthrough, some don't. Some of them get the game 5 days early some don't.

And I repeat the episode is NOT worth 40$ or 120$ for those who supported me at 40$/month for the whole duration of development for this episode.

I love how you always try to paint me as the bad guy, the bad developer, who milks people, who's not worthy of your money and so on and to be honest, I really have no idea why are you still coming back to this thread. It's clear you don't enjoy my work.

Kind regards,
Jason (Developer/MoneyMilker)
Props to you dude, I like you.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
While I understand your answer, imho you shouldn't even bother to answer. I'm pretty sure most people who complain about devs who actually release stuff don't even try to give a cent to anyone, just want everything for free. Anyone with reasonable thinking and actual aware of how hard it is to develop a game, as well to understand that every kind of work needs/should be rewarded in any way, would actually know to mention their complains more detail and care.

So please, don't bother random "this game costs this and etc" comments. If you were smart and dedicated enough to have fans to follow and support your content, then I'm pretty sure you'll be it as well when your fans have actual complaints.

Be it about content, about cost of patronage, about game direction, etc, I'm pretty sure you and your team will be aware of the complaints if they appear and you actually care about your fans. After all, if the complaints are general, probably the money support will decrease.

If that happens then yes, I do believe it may justify an answer. But making a random comment "40$ an update" isn't complaining, it's asking for free stuff.

Best Regards.
Fuckin' A brother, fuckin' A.

If you want to pay RoyalCandy for his troubles, then buy the game on Steam for peanuts (compared to what Patreon supporters end up paying). If not, then feel free to voice your disappointment only after it's been half a year since the last update, and the thread is marked abandoned. Yeah, these VNs take months to develop, no surprise there when it's a one man team and the rendering is done on maybe 2 computers, and linearly at that (no parallel rendering of multiple different scenes out of chronological order to save time/costs).

A lot of people got burned, and they have the right to skepticism, but RoyalCandy has not earned it from them. At least not him.

weirdanime

Jul 30, 2019
Reactions: hawk784563
4.20 star(s) 156 Votes