VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes
Dec 15, 2022
Probably not a statistically high probability, but just to put it out there:

If some "hero" does feel so inclined and wants to DM me the download links I am happy to download it and build a torrent for the site to save said hero from any risks they may be concerned about.
Shouldn't the ones who pay for it, enjoy it first a few days, before we dispicable poor hobo's get to enjoy the show ?

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
40$ patron paid to supports RC's job so no way they are gonna release his game till Wednesday so you can wait patiently for ur " hero " ;)
bro it literally happens at every game. Like thats how we get the leaked versions. Eternum was leaked 8 hours after a 50$ tier release. There's always hope for a HEROOOO

Reactions: Razrback16

thebalde

May 8, 2019
No you are not a bad guy of course.

But Personally I think you waste subs for going only for the 40$ ones instead of the 20$ tier as well.. Today I went to the 50 Euro tier (with taxes) because I was pretty bored. And yes the Update is great. However I also canceled my Sub afer downlading saying that is all i wanted to give. I would stay along on the 20 tier if there was no such time gap between the 20 and 40€ tier. So I basically only pay for the release as of now. And I think if you want to maximize this you should shorten the time gap between the 40 and 20 Euro tier maybe 24 hours? But having released this with the other tiers feels a bit strange IMO.

edit:; And NO the Walkthough is not worth the rest of it.
40$ and 20$ tiers are just for people who really want to support the dev directly. It's not about to get the game earlier, it's just for SUPPORT HIM. But the dev wants to return the favor by giving them the game at least some days earlier. If you just want to pkay the game and enjoy it, the 5$ tier is for you, like so others. Don't complain about it, it is what it is.

Harposord

Aug 9, 2017
bro it literally happens at every game. Like thats how we get the leaked versions. Eternum was leaked 8 hours after a 50$ tier release. There's always hope for a HEROOOO
I know bro but I said that because with No more money it's happen everytime when it's a 40$ patron release we never have the game on day 1 and must wait for the cheaper release you can't compare this game with Eternum BeingADIK or whatever

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Well the same problem with the difference between 40$, 20$ and 5$ was raised also on discord so I will just say the same thing I said there.

First of all, everybody supports me as much as they can. I'm sure that some people would support me a lot more if they could, but that's just not possible, so it's not their fault they cannot afford a higher tier. As you can see there isn't much difference between 5$, 20$, 40$ tiers. Okay the 40$ patrons get the game 5 days early and the 20$ get an improved version of the game, but basically nobody gets a different game after all, because I don't want anybody to feel less, just because they can't afford it. Yeah, maybe 5 days between 20$ and 5$ would work, but 10 days between first release and last release would create more problems:
- the game will eventually get leaked and I don't want my patrons to be forced to get the game from some shady websites or whatever since they are patrons
- The more people play the game, the faster I learn about some unexpected bugs and usually 10 days after the release I'm already working on a new episode, so now to fix bugs that were found, then remove the new content so I can build the new version and so on, it can be annoying.

I'm aware that the 20$ might not be best pledge, since it doesn't give you too much, you could basically get almost the same thing with the 5$, especially now that most paths are already set and the choices are fewer and fewer, but like I said many times before, I'm not selling the game on patreon, but I'm accepting support in the game development. The fact that I try to make a small difference between pledges, is just a way to say thank you in multiple ways, but after all every pledge is there to help me make a better game, no matter how big/small it is. That's why I'm thankful to all.

The money that I earn from patreon are great, but I don't need them to pay my rent or my expenses, at least not yet. Most of them are going back in the development, so that's why I'm not trying to make people pledge more than they can afford. If you want and can afford 40$ or more, I appreciate you for that, but at the same time I appreciate also the guy who earns 500$ a month and pledges 5$. I try to be fair to all, but more than that I try to be respectful to all.

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
$500 a month? Maybe someone who works PT minimum wage or is on Social Security who got disabled VERY young and never made much. Note I never made more than about $10/hr, disabled at 34 and even I get a bit over double that. Of course then less developed countries...

ryupuma

May 11, 2018
$500 a month? Maybe someone who works PT minimum wage or is on Social Security who got disabled VERY young and never made much. Note I never made more than about $10/hr, disabled at 34 and even I get a bit over double that. Of course then less developed countries...
Yeah, I am on social security here in Canada and have like 900$/month. Live alone, so take out rent and utilities and food, even 20$ can sometimes seem pretty big. Back to topic though. I really enjoy this game and since I can't support yet, I gladly wait till a 5$ patreon put it here. I will, soon though, jump in the bandwagon at one tier or another.

Dec 15, 2022
Yeah, I am on social security here in Canada and have like 900$/month. Live alone, so take out rent and utilities and food, even 20$ can sometimes seem pretty big. Back to topic though. I really enjoy this game and since I can't support yet, I gladly wait till a 5$ patreon put it here. I will, soon though, jump in the bandwagon at one tier or another.
Eastern Europe / India / Africa, for some of those 500 dollar is a lot...

Reactions: BorgiaBou

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Trust me- a lot of peole don't even get 500 a month.
My country is in European Union,but I am from a small town and here 500 dollars is the amount of money most people get.

• Wow
Reactions: Kassan06969

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
Well the same problem with the difference between 40$, 20$ and 5$ was raised also on discord so I will just say the same thing I said there.

First of all, everybody supports me as much as they can. I'm sure that some people would support me a lot more if they could, but that's just not possible, so it's not their fault they cannot afford a higher tier. As you can see there isn't much difference between 5$, 20$, 40$ tiers. Okay the 40$ patrons get the game 5 days early and the 20$ get an improved version of the game, but basically nobody gets a different game after all, because I don't want anybody to feel less, just because they can't afford it. Yeah, maybe 5 days between 20$ and 5$ would work, but 10 days between first release and last release would create more problems:
- the game will eventually get leaked and I don't want my patrons to be forced to get the game from some shady websites or whatever since they are patrons
- The more people play the game, the faster I learn about some unexpected bugs and usually 10 days after the release I'm already working on a new episode, so now to fix bugs that were found, then remove the new content so I can build the new version and so on, it can be annoying.

I'm aware that the 20$ might not be best pledge, since it doesn't give you too much, you could basically get almost the same thing with the 5$, especially now that most paths are already set and the choices are fewer and fewer, but like I said many times before, I'm not selling the game on patreon, but I'm accepting support in the game development. The fact that I try to make a small difference between pledges, is just a way to say thank you in multiple ways, but after all every pledge is there to help me make a better game, no matter how big/small it is. That's why I'm thankful to all.

The money that I earn from patreon are great, but I don't need them to pay my rent or my expenses, at least not yet. Most of them are going back in the development, so that's why I'm not trying to make people pledge more than they can afford. If you want and can afford 40$ or more, I appreciate you for that, but at the same time I appreciate also the guy who earns 500$ a month and pledges 5$. I try to be fair to all, but more than that I try to be respectful to all.
The biggest reason for piracy in all of media is availability. If people would be able to get the game, movie etc at the same time and easier than most of the people would not pirate the game. This is why Steam almost killed piracy on the PC. Most hacking groups would not even bother anyore because it was avaialable at the same time and easier than to crack and distribute this pirated Version.

I personally think 5 days is a real difference here but in the end I can only speak for myself here. So instead of supporting every month. I will just pledge the 40 or in my case 50 with taxes download the game and then cancel again until the next release. But if you do not need it and fine with this is also cool I guess. I am just talking on a financial perspective.

Oh and I can not buy these games from Steam since I live in Germany and there is NO other way here to get these games than Patreon.

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes