4.10 star(s) 184 Votes

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
It's so sad to see this game rushing to get to an end.

The last two updates are nothing but sex scenes with barely any prelude, story or anything inbetween them. The dialogues between scenes also switched to third person when the rest of the game was in first person (Brian's POV). It's almost like the dev is detaching himself.

And the sex scenes feels like a chore that he got to do to end the game. How many sex scenes do I need to complete the game? 14?! Ok, let's make a Jeane scene... then a Vanessa scene... How many more? 12? Ok, let's put a scene with Rene's sister in...

I'm extremely saddened to make this comment, this used to be a top 3 game of mine.

Gardan

May 3, 2019

The last two updates are nothing but sex scenes with barely any prelude, story or anything inbetween them. The dialogues between scenes also switched to third person when the rest of the game was in first person (Brian's POV). It's almost like the dev is detaching himself.

And the sex scenes feels like a chore that he got to do to end the game. How many sex scenes do I need to complete the game? 14?! Ok, let's make a Jeane scene... then a Vanessa scene... How many more? 12? Ok, let's put a scene with Rene's sister in...

I'm extremely saddened to make this comment, this used to be a top 3 game of mine.
Stop your childish whining and enjoy the game !

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Bugfix patch updated to v0.10.2, v0.10.3 and v0.10.4 (achievments.rpy files are identical in these three)

Everything I wrote previously about v0.9.1 still stands, only achievments.rpy had to be updated, but the few old bugs mentioned below are still in there, also no fix for old saves exists in the official version of the game. Fine for new playthrough's, not so much for old saves.
The game is playable without the bugfix, but if you want to see the full achievements page without anything missing there and not to crash the game while looking at the profile pages of the Al-Tamer couple, then just apply this patch.

Attention: the bugfix patch that is attached here is for the v0.10.2 of this game only! Do not use it on any other versions of the game.

What seems to be fixed since the previous v0.9.0 version is the bug in characters.rpy with the mistyped profile image file names for Taahir and Mahabbah and ep3_convs.rpy with Stephania's movie achievement variable being wrongly named and therefore never actually unlocked.

Also, in the achievments.rpy the trigger for saeki2 achievement is now correctly defined, but...

achArr array - a list of all achievement images on the achievement page is still missing both - saeki2 and alisuz1 achievements, which means that neither can be seen there.

And a major problem is that just fixing profile images in characters.rpy and the variable name for Steph's movie achievement in ep3_convs.rpy will not fix these problems for old saves where these variables are already faulty. In the fixed version v0.9.1 of the game Taahir's and Mahabbah's profiles will not throw an error message only for old saves created before meeting these characters in the game and Steph's movie achievement will properly unlock only for saves that were created before the movie scene in episode 3! (unless they have already been fixed by my previous bugfix in v0.9.0)
And, of course, any newly started games will not have these problems.

However, to fix these two problems for any old saves you need the code I added to my previous bugfix in a separate file, that will trigger after loading any saved game:
Python:
label after_load:

# Background image fix for old saves since v0.8.0
    python:
        for x in person_list:
            if 'BGK' in x.backgroundImage:
                x.backgroundImage = renpy.re.sub('BGK' , 'BKG' , x.backgroundImage)

# Fix for e3_movie_stephania_success bug for old saves, unlocking the image for those who unlocked the achievement in EP3
    if e3_movie_stephania:
        $e3_movie_stephania_success = True

return
Only this will fix these bugs for saves created in the bugged versions of the game, that is, pre-v0.9.1.

I did specifically mentioned, that royalcandy has my permission to use this file exactly as it is to resolve the bugged savegame problem, but neither did I found that file in the new version of the game nor has this code or any other kind of code been added to any other files of this game, that would trigger after loading a savegame (any code marked with a special label named "after_load"). I guess he probably didn't understand its rather critical importance. I guess I didn't emphasize it strongly enough.

This patch will add that file to the game again, so all those bugged old saves will work.

Just as with the previous bugfixes, I did not try to fix any dialogue - my English isn't good enough for proofreading. I did notice that in the conversation between Jeane and Brian, it's clearly Brian who should answer "Okay boss!" and not Jeane, but I didn't fix that line, either. (line 1323 in ep9_convs.rpy)

In case anyone is interested, the old bugfix for v0.9.0 is still here

How to patch the game:

Extract the contents of the patch file into the root folder of the game (the main folder with the game launcher NoMoreSecrets.exe and NoMoreSecrets.sh files in it).
Let it overwrite the original files.

archiver is recommended for Windows (use msi installer), for Mac.
Debian and its derivate users (Ubuntu and others) will have to install p7zip-full package to be able to extract the file
(sudo apt install p7zip-full)

Last edited:

Amemester

Oct 23, 2018
Next update will be when we finally bang Lizzie.

Speaking of Lizzie, I just made individual saves for the girls. Also made a Lizzie + Van and Lizzie + Jeane save (because they seem like plausible pairings).

Wasn't difficult, I confirmed they'll probably work as I also edited one of them to be on Ambers path (Rene's sister). I didn't do anything with her previously, but I got her content on the save in this update.
Can you share the savesss?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019

I can entirely agree with this. Once again we see a dev wanting to wrap up a game. He has created so many branches that have to be ended that he has lost the plot. It was a great story and full of intrigue but it has turned into a "meet and fuck".
I wish we had real story tellers. The best stories are written by starting at the end and working back.
Great models and great renders but all it needs is a great story ended properly.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Sucks that the story is getting rushed so quickly for the finale. There is/was so much potential for more things to happen but I guess the dev wants to be over with the game. Also the part 2 of episode 9 ended in 5 minutes for me. Was hoping for some non-romance scenes but looks like focus was on sex scenes for the remaining characters.

Anyway I agree with OctavianusAugustus that the game has felt rushed towards the end stretch and the trademark hilarious dialogue has been missing. Wonder how the remaining plot points will be wrapped up without feeling rushed.

thswherizat

Jun 1, 2017
Yeah I like the art and such, but the party scene was good because it had a lot leading up to it and then a whole lot of smaller choices and branches of different scenes depending on who you were chasing after. This update was basically just 3 girls lining up to get nailed by the MC for no reason.

Fine for smut games, but this one was actually interesting as a game besides the sex prior to this.

Sep 16, 2019

Absolutely, couldn't agree more

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
So as always, people come here to complain because don't have what they want and give a shit the dev want or feel.

Morning guys,

As always Tuesday is the day when you learn about my progress on the game and decisions I took for this game.

When I started the game I had really big plans, however after a few updates I saw the impact this game had on the community. I really appreciate those who support me and my work, it means a lot to me, but this game has a lot of problems both story and implementation. I'll discuss only the story. Not many could relate to Brian and this drags me down. He's character is not nice. He's evolving but that takes time and not many want to wait too much for this to happen. Another thing is that the game has too many characters for an episodic game and it's hard to focus on each character that's why I think this game will have to come to an end in the near future and then start another game. This other game was planned long time ago when I started working on No More Secrets, because it was going to happen in the same universe.

But let's keep it to No More Secrets for now. There are going to be two more episodes which are kinda huge that's why I had to find a solution for the updates.
I saw that most of you liked the last episode because it was really big and had plenty of content, however it was the biggest update so far and I was able to do it because I had a few weeks off, but now I'm back to my daily job and will not be able to do the same.

So last week I've been talking to Bishop on how we could finish this episodes in time because it's hard to do this many renders after work, so we came with a solution. I'll write the story for the whole game which is going to take ma a while, but after that updates will come really often. I finish one or two big events, BANG update. Another two, three events another update. This way you'll not have to wait too much for an update. The game will still be episodic but let's just say, Episode 9 will have a few updates.
Please give me a chance to prove that this could be a better way of doing things. I really hoped to reach the first tier and then I would be able to do this full time, but we're not getting there and it's not the fault of my current patrons, so why would they pay the price to wait this many weeks for an update since they are paying each month.

With love,
Jason

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
So as always, people come here to complain because don't have what they want and give a shit the dev want or feel.
Reading between the lines, he also had difficulties because of the Paetron restrictions, playing the old unity version, incest was planned as a big part of the story and I'm sure working around it has been a pain in the ass. So while I'm really sad the game is winding down, I totally get why it's been frustrating to execute his vision on this.

freakanime

Oct 14, 2018
I for one thinks the game could have been expanded more with the MC relationship with all the girls.

But the title of the game is NoMoreSecrets and I think it has been said or what I think the plot of the story is for MC to discover the secrets of his peers and family. So the relationship of the MC with the girls etc are probably not in the #1 list of the story though it is great to expand it but the main story plot is to discover secrets so I think the dev did great on it.

Though I think most people here want the dev to focus on relationships etc because the story from those can be expanded so the game could be longer. But I wouldn't fault the dev if he wants to focus on the main story rather than the relationship.

That is why I want an epilogue of some sort after the story wraps up for all the girls like Man of the house so the relationship between MC and the girls will be expanded.

Though the dev has the final say if the dev don't want write a story about it I am fine with it and its not like the dev didn't give the girls some spotlight though I guess it isn't enough for some.

Overall the game is great and even though its not yet finish I would probably look forward to the devs next work.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't get Vanessa's last question despite I did answer the question right but the last question is different "what happen between mc and brandy?". Is happen because my point with vanessa not high enough??
IDK for sure, but that would be my guess. If you've not been hitting on her really prior to this, the line where you tell her you've been thinking about her probably isn't available. That probably would also prevent her from deciding to come to your room later.

Sep 16, 2019
Any complaints or criticism, looked at it in a positive light, are in fact compliments to the game and its Dev. Generally the comments are about how much people are enjoying this game and don't want to see it short cutted to a rough and rapid finish. That's my sentiment anyway.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Any complaints or criticism, looked at it in a positive light, are in fact compliments to the game and its Dev. Generally the comments are about how much people are enjoying this game and don't want to see it short cutted to a rough and rapid finish. That's my sentiment anyway.
It's ending how the dev had planned it for a while.

He said quite some time ago that 9 and 10 would wrap it up and be broke down into smaller updates.

He didn't get to the first tier of his patreon so had to fit this in around work which is why the updates are being broken down.

The larger ones were because he had some time off. Nothing has changed from his plans except the breaking down of episodes wouldn't have happened if they had got a few more patrons.

It's just one of those things, personally i'd be grateful he's finishing it at all, a lot of devs just abandon their games when they don't make the support they wanted.

Sep 16, 2019
It's ending how the dev had planned it for a while.

He said quite some time ago that 9 and 10 would wrap it up and be broke down into smaller updates.

He didn't get to the first tier of his patreon so had to fit this in around work which is why the updates are being broken down.

The larger ones were because he had some time off. Nothing has changed from his plans except the breaking down of episodes wouldn't have happened if they had got a few more patrons.

It's just one of those things, personally i'd be grateful he's finishing it at all, a lot of devs just abandon their games when they don't make the support they wanted.
Yeah, granted. Guess I should become a patron :sneaky:

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I think I'll do the same and support. I really can't remember any other game that had me laughing this much at some of the dialogue. Only "Where the heart is" comes second. I'm now actually wondering whether there are any more comedy games similar to this (romance/sex completely optional lol).

4.10 star(s) 184 Votes