4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Been a while since I played that part but what you do when you are inside the house I think it's the second door you click on and search by the nightstand to find the receipt, sorry it's vague but as I said it's been a while since I did that part.
What's the receipt for?

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Can you help me, I put the incest patch in the game folder but it s still not working, step sister and my mother died...

also I got an error at the very beginning:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 224, in script call
    call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 224, in script call
    call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\ed444_\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.9.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'patch/images/splashscreen.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
No More Secrets 0.9.0
Tue Oct 29 22:06:40 2019
have you entered it into the game/path folder? insTall the mod here

Reactions: dedi33

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
have you entered it into the game/path folder? insTall the mod here
Thanks for your help. I put all the files inside the "patch" folder in "game", instead of entering directly the "patch" folder... Thats why it wasn't working. Now it s supposed to work because there is no error anymore and I get the message "you have succesfully installed the incest patch" at the beginning but still the mom died and the girl in the MCs bedroom is not his sister.. I don't understand

• Thinking Face
Reactions: THEDARKPROPHET

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for your help. I put all the files inside the "patch" folder in "game", instead of entering directly the "patch" folder... Thats why it wasn't working. Now it s supposed to work because there is no error anymore and I get the message "you have succesfully installed the incest patch" at the beginning but still the mom died and the girl in the MCs bedroom is not his sister.. I don't understand
Start a game from the beginning. If you have installed the patch in the "game/path" folder, then it should work without any problem.

When you start the game, this message means that everything is correct, just start a new game and everything will be fine.

arms99

May 11, 2018
Thats exactly what I did. As I said I ve this message at the beginning but then when I start a new game I got "six years ago, my mom was diagnosed with a lung cancer [...] Three years later she died."
The patch doesn't work like normal patches, it's not automatically applied. It's a secret you need to find out, which then triggers the patch (the time and place to trigger is listed on the download page). Once that happens you find out that you were adopted by Phil and the deceased wife and Jeane is your biological mother

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Thats exactly what I did. As I said I ve this message at the beginning but then when I start a new game I got "six years ago, my mom was diagnosed with a lung cancer [...] Three years later she died."
But ... let's see ... when you run the game, can you see the screen that I attached in my post?

Reactions: THEDARKPROPHET

dedi33

Jan 27, 2018
But ... let's see ... when you run the game, can you see the screen that I attached in my post?
Yes. And there is also the heart on the right corner in the menu. But as arms99 said I have to activate that during the game... which means the mom died anyway and the friend become a sister during the game ???

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SAMASH112

SAMASH112

Donor
Nov 19, 2018
Yes. And there is also the heart on the right corner in the menu. But as arms99 said I have to activate that during the game... which means the mom died anyway and the friend become a sister during the game ???
Look, you don't have to activate anything. Once you install the mod in the path folder, it will be activated automatically. There are several secrets, in different timetables and different days, and you have to find them to reveal the truth about Jeane. Once you find the first secret in the Jeane bedroom , over time, you have an automatic event with Lizzie.
I think in the walkthrough is specified.

Inmate4587

Sep 9, 2019
It's a secret you discover after performing/going into certain rooms at certain times of the day. If you read the lewdpatcher link for it, it tells what time of the day you need to do certain things. Here copied from the link.

If the installation is correct you should see a heart on the right corner in the menu.

This patch will add an event between Jeane and Brian. To trigger the event you
need to go to her room when Phill is not home and click on the key

Episode 1:
- between 12:40 and 14:00

Episode 4:
- 07:55 when she's in the bathroom
- 19:25 when she's in the kitchen
- 20:30 - 21:00 when she's in the livingroom

Episode 5:
- 18:10 - 20:10 while she's in the bathroom

*** IMPORTANT ****
Make sure you find out the secret before episode 6

Reactions: dedi33

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
It's a mildly convoluted circumstance and situation, so... spoilers

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To trigger the scene, you have to search Jeane and Phill's room at a certain time on a certain day (I can't remember exactly when, but I believe it's listed on the patch website).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: dedi33 and Mormont
Feb 21, 2019
yes scene with lizzie in corridor upstaris played with patch for first time last night

do we have to wait for an updated patch for update thanks in advance

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Sounds good.
You will need to unpack the game archive(s). You can use unren. Use #1. This will unpack and do everything. If there is a scripts.rpa, you can get by with unpacking the scripts only, cause the pictures can be large, but totally up to you. Once you unpack the archive the scripts will be in either .rpy (renpython human readable) or .rpyc (compiled). If there is only rpyc you need to run the game once to unpack them.

At this point you can start exploring the scripts. A good way to find what you want is to find the picture is related to the achievement (usually a smaller version [think of a gallery]) and search for its file name in the script. The script files can be broken to many pieces, so you can grab dngrep and grep search the files for your you picture (if you haven't realized by now, the achievement logic code is likely to be close to the image file, but not always).

grep? Well, if all the game scripts are in a single scripts.pry file, sure you can go ctrl+f find it, but this likely isn't the case. More than likely the scripts will be split up, so we need a way to search WITHIN many files at the same time, this is where grep comes in. grep is a unix tool (ported to windows too) search tool (many forms, standard grep is CommandLineInterface based, but there are plenty of variations free and cost (I suggest dngrep as is open source and very easy to use)

I hate giving step by step directions because it doesn't really permit growth and learning. OTOH I'd happily answer any questions you have so long as you've at least attempted this on your own.

Take care

Last edited:

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
You will need to unpack the game archive(s). You can use unren. Use #1. This will unpack and do everything. If there is a scripts.rpa, you can get by with unpacking the scripts only, cause the pictures can be large, but totally up to you. Once you unpack the archive the scripts will be in either .rpy (renpython human readable) or .rpyc (compiled). If there is only rpyc you need to run the game once to unpack them.

At this point you can start exploring the scripts. A good way to find what you want is to find the picture is related to the achievement (usually a smaller version [think of a gallery]) and search for its file name in the script. The script files can be broken to many pieces, so you can grab dngrep and grep search the files for your you picture (if you haven't realized by now, the achievement logic code is likely to be close to the image file, but not always).

grep? Well, if all the game scripts are in a single scripts.pry file, sure you can go ctrl+f find it, but this likely isn't the case. More than likely the scripts will be split up, so we need a way to search WITHIN many files at the same time, this is where grep comes in. grep is a unix tool (ported to windows too) search tool (many forms, standard grep is CommandLineInterface based, but there are plenty of variations free and cost (I suggest dngrep as is open source and very easy to use)

I hate giving step by step directions because it doesn't really permit growth and learning. OTOH I'd happily answer any questions you have so long as you've at least attempted this on your own.

Take care
Brilliant
Thanks for taking the time to reply with such clear detail. I will have a crack at it and get back to you.
All the best
Cheers

Edit
Ok all sorted - maybe not exactly how you advised. Opened episode files and others in Notepad including Achievements file and went looking to match character strings/info etc. (one simple option was "you have opened an Achievement " :D ). Ultimately it was a simple matter of copying the Statement from the Achievement file ( eg "e3_WatchAmieChange") opening the consol in the game and pasting the statement followed by "= True" and hey presto achievement unlocked .

Thanks for your help - Much appreciated
Cheers

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes