4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
what's the point of making an incest game if you kill off the mom right away and from the description it sounds like you don't have any sisters either so whats the incest? step? cousins? at that point why even bother. they are so distant it ruins the taboo.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Quick question, I read the OP and either I'm too stupid or it's not really clear. I played the unity version and remember the after party event at the pool (I guess that was episode 3), am I correct that the remake has less content than that at the moment?
Or too phrase it differently. If I played all "old" episodes, does it make sense to play the remake or should I wait?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Quick question, I read the OP and either I'm too stupid or it's not really clear. I played the unity version and remember the after party event at the pool (I guess that was episode 3), am I correct that the remake has less content than that at the moment?
Or too phrase it differently. If I played all "old" episodes, does it make sense to play the remake or should I wait?
v0.2
The game is now made in Ren'Py and I got of the errors that the previous versions had. Includes episodes 1 and 2.

Reactions: berny

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
what's the point of making an incest game if you kill off the mom right away and from the description it sounds like you don't have any sisters either so whats the incest? step? cousins? at that point why even bother. they are so distant it ruins the taboo.
The plot is just starting, but the dev already dropped a massive spoiler to stop this complaint... it seems Jean (the 30 something woman that married the principal who adopted you) is going to end up being the MC's REAL mother... Remember this game is called "NO more secrets". Seems everything the MC thought he knew was a lie, hence why he went down such a shit road before rehab.

Reactions: Raven Hex

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Hah, thanks. So much for the "stupid" question. I only read the "about remake" part. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Edit: And apparently, I also forgot how to quote.

Reactions: UncleVT

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
The patreon only version has more content.There are 4 episodes while the free version has only the first 2.

Reactions: berny

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Lol they are not. The dev wrote a spoiler somewher in this thread and if you think you are right you are up to a surprise.

U

User_23654

Here is a compressed win, linux and mac version of v0.2.1!

Win (169MB): - - - -
Mac (169MB): - - - -
Linux (224MB): - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Ren'Py better than others:love:
I'd rather have a content update instead of a engine change. While ren'py feels better, the game wasn't so bad on unity that it wasn't enjoyable to play. Now i see the latest games & updates page and think it could be ep 4 at first glance just to see that it is again a bug fix for the ren'py version. :sneaky:

Reactions: Megnold

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
I'd rather have a content update instead of a engine change. While ren'py feels better, the game wasn't so bad on unity that it wasn't enjoyable to play. Now i see the latest games & updates page and think it could be ep 4 at first glance just to see that it is again a bug fix for the ren'py version. :sneaky:
Episode 4 is out for 40$ patreons and will be out for 5$ patreons on the 29.01., so idk :)

Reactions: Megnold

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Episode 4 is out for 40$ patreons and will be out for 5$ patreons on the 29.01., so idk :)
I know that. But do you really think that changing the engine and fixing the ton of bugs that are following didn't take any time?

cyberkiller

Oct 19, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'>:
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 91, in script call
    call screen characters_UI
  File "game/ep3_convs.rpy", line 7, in script
    police_1 normal "Good evening... Mr. Smithson?"
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show()
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 644, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
No More Secrets 0.2.1
Sat Jan 26 18:27:41 2019

Reactions: crisbr

D4V1D

Aug 20, 2017
I know that. But do you really think that changing the engine and fixing the ton of bugs that are following didn't take any time?
The game was put in renpy because in unity it had a bugs with black screen and a lot of people couldn't play

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'>:
    _window_show()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 644, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "I:\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
No More Secrets 0.2.1
Sat Jan 26 18:27:41 2019
As I explained earlier this crash was due to the renders not being available for the game to find
In the update the author/developer has fixed this by stopping this free version of the game at that point
I assume these renders are available for Patrons

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
If Unity isnt used to the max (sorta like what illusion did with Koitaku or AA) then its just bootleg Ren'py with harder coding, which in turns makes it harder for modders to work their magic (incest patches, compression, etc).

Look at "Lucky Mark", the damn game is going on 7 or 8 GB with hardly any sex content... if that was Renpy people like @bossapplesauce or @Kasey or @crust would have shrank that down to 500MB or so...

People whine about RPGM, but its Unity that is the real sinner here among the engines, no game has ever gotten better from a switch to Unity *cough school,love,cousins cough*, and tons of games have gotten better from switching out.

Thats not say Unity is bad, just that if your going for Sandbox or VN / Kinetic Novel, Ren'py is far superior thx to mods, the console commands, and compression....

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes