4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
so free version is only up to ep2. It is normal that i click yard after party night game stops with error screen right? I thought it is bug. The game is really great by the way.
It is on the 0.2 version. If you’re playing 0.2.1 or 0.4.1 it should be just fine

Reactions: qudwls02

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
Hello,
In the first episode there is a point in game when you are allowed to choose between Rene or Harry, who do you want to help with the alcohol. If you choose Rene, you loose the chance of kissing Brandy.
To kiss her you need to go with Harry, and then he'll give you two options. You either take a photo of Stephania naked, or you give him 50 bucks for the fake id. If you choose the photo, you'll need something from Brandy and there you go. You'll be able to kiss her.
I hope this will clear your mind, however if you want to start the game from scratch, I recommend to wait for the third version, there will be a few things changed in the story and you might like to start from 0 when the third episode will be released.

Best regards,
Jason
I did those steps (choose Harry instead of Rene, choose to take the pictures of Stephania and Steven pushed Brian to kiss Brandy), but at the party Brandy just gets up and goes to the bathroom without talking about that kiss.
Anything else I'm missing or is it a bug?

royalcandy

No More Secrets
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
I did those steps (choose Harry instead of Rene, choose to take the pictures of Stephania and Steven pushed Brian to kiss Brandy), but at the party Brandy just gets up and goes to the bathroom without talking about that kiss.
Anything else I'm missing or is it a bug?
It’s a bug. I’m going to fix it among others.

Reactions: AnubisMRM

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I am really gonna miss the character walk animations i understand the jump to renrpy but interaction with how it was previously made this game unique.

Kaine1994

Nov 25, 2017
Don’t play the Unity version. It’s dead. I made another version in RenPy. Even if for now you only got Episode 1,2. On my page there is also Episode 3 and 4. Right now it’s only for +40$ patrons, but on Tuesday +5$ patrons will get it too.
So they (3+4) will be eventually released for us, right?

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
you really do not expect anyone´s reading 45 pages through... o_O
no but the last 2-3 pages.Your answer is on page 45.But anyway the crash comes because the free version what is here has only the first 2 episodes.And this scene from your error is from chapter 3 that is not in this version here.

Kubikossi

Oct 24, 2018
Download the new version, 0.2.1
played this new version, and i have an Errorscreen, when i want to go outside to get the video from jeane's car:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'>:
  File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 91, in script call
    call screen characters_UI
  File "game/ep3_convs.rpy", line 7, in script
    police_1 normal "Good evening... Mr. Smithson?"
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show()
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 644, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "G:\E-Games\(durch) No More Secrets [Ep. 3]\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
No More Secrets 0.2.1
Sun Jan 27 21:51:12 2019

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray? i hope the movie is called that in english. That's how I feel when I always read the same problems here

Reactions: Nolander and matusj

HaremKing112

Feb 21, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'resources/e3n1_001.jpg'>:
    _window_show()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 644, in execute
    statement_name("say")
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
    i(name)
    _window_show()
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1456, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2217, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\transition.py", line 360, in render
    bottom = render(self.old_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Maynard\Downloads\Compressed\NoMoreSecrets-0.2.1-win\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
No More Secrets 0.2.1
Mon Jan 28 09:50:28 2019

how to fix this, it's the start of episode 3

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes