4.10 star(s) 184 Votes

Xfw

Nov 30, 2019
Since you seem to be the only one with this problem, it must be something at your end.
Are you sure your zip is intact and not broken? Do these missing files exist inside the zip? Explore it a bit, try to find them in there.
I placed the game on my ssd where my windows is installed and everything works.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I have a weird question to you guys and girls :rolleyes:

Can you see videos playing when you start the game from the beginning and the intro starts? Or do you get a blank screen with text instead? In case you don't know or remember, there were moving background images there before, I remember them and video files are still in the game\video folder.

All video files are fine, playing normally in a video player.
Code of the intro file shows that they should be loaded when you start the game and see text at the bottom of the screen.

All other Ren'Py games are playing videos perfectly and when I move one of the video files from NoMoreScrets game folder to another game and start it there, it works as expected.
But none of the videos of the intro of NMS are playing here in their original game.
Tried a video file from another game in NMS and it won't play either.

Extracted the game again and tried to run it as is (without extracting with unren) - still the same.

Copied the game onto another PC and tried to run there, still blank.

There seems to be something botched in this game, so videos won't play any more. I'm not sure what it is.

I'll try to read through the configuration myself too, but I can't right now and maybe not tomorrow, either.

I wish I had one of the very old versions of this game to compare files with the new one, but I've deleted all of them, except the previous one. And the previous one is no better than the new.

I doubt that Candy is able to fix it by himself... :unsure:

Nevermind, found it already!
Candy has disabled all sounds in options.rpy, but Ren'Py needs a sound channel to play videos :p
Enabled one of the channels and videos are playing again.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Not obvious at all, right ? ;)
Well, depends... :unsure:
Probably, yes. But it makes sense that Ren'Py tries to reserve a sound channel when it starts to play a video.

I just remembered reading about it some time ago after I found that there are no volume controls on the prefs page.

Found them being commented out in screens.rpy and removed comment marks. Volume controls still didn't appear, since apparently channels were disabled.

Then grep'd the word 'sound' through rpy files. Found define config.has_sound = False in options.rpy

That's it.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017
jeez. not even made it to ver.1 concluded faster than a fast food joint...but most of the "good order" got dropped along the way...

...not a very satisfying ending and the dev is working on another?

not putting any vote of confidence on that one, with this ended like this...

Reactions: PeraDrnda

DJ Eazy-Dik

Jun 19, 2020
Believe my ending with Brandi is bugged....when i choose her for prom queen, she says she needs to know just one thing....then it jumps to mc and nichole running through park hand in hand all lovey dovey like.....wtf?

Only mod I've made was using the ipatch. Not using a compressed version either.

Last edited:

Scot M

Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone know when the update is coming cause my game is bugged at the prom mainly any interaction with Vanessa and Lizzie

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I just uploaded a new bugfix patch for v0.11 and an optional patch for the final scene sequence to enable 'h'-key and rollback there.

Link is still the same, I just edited (replaced) text there and added new patches to it.

https://f95zone.to/threads/no-more-secrets-v0-11-royalcandy.13673/post-3083384

I guess, Brandy ending may still be bugged there since I was not aware of the problem.

Does anyone know when the update is coming cause my game is bugged at the prom mainly any interaction with Vanessa and Lizzie
I tried a few endings with them and they seemed to work.
If you want anyone to try to find what is wrong there, you should describe your problem more precisely. Right now I have no idea what you are talking about.
I have to be able to replicate your problem to be able to track it down in the code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
I tried a few endings with them and they seemed to work.
If you want anyone to try to find what is wrong there, you should describe your problem more precisely. Right now I have no idea what you are talking about.
I have to be able to replicate your problem to be able to track it down in the code.
Also having issues at the prom interaction with Vanessa&Lizzie in my solo Vanessa save. I pretty much rejected every girl other than her after the Spin the Bottle game and I'm getting this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'e1c7_continue'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ep11_convs.rpyc", line 858, in script
File "C:\(...)\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1678, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\(...)\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 886, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Blood-Lust

Jan 13, 2020
well fuck the best u get to a harem is 4 :(
Edit: Duo endings were the best , solo and 3-4 girls basically had the same energy

I didn't get any error on compressed

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I guess, Brandy ending may still be bugged there since I was not aware of the problem.
Appears that the existing code when choosing Brandy as prom queen is borked if the MC is in a triangle with Lizzie & Vanessa, causing it to cascade down to the Nichole scene, rather than the Brandy dance you get when only cheating with Lizzie:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Quick fix would be:
Code:
        brian curious "What is it?"
        if e11_fuckLizzie == True or e11_threesomeLV == True:
Proper fix would be another elif on e11_threesomeLV == True containing similar text but also mentioning Vanessa, but that's probably best left to RC?

Edit:
There's also a bug in the Dianna/Rene ballroom scene (label e11c15). If you stopped blackmailing Dianna in ep 9 (e9_diannaApproach = 3 or 4) then the code skips straight to the hotel room without talking to her about it.
Code:
#    if e9_diannaApproach == 3 and e9_diannaApproach == 4:
    if e9_diannaApproach == 3 or e9_diannaApproach == 4:

Last edited:

Cramone

May 14, 2018
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Ramones\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1678, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Ramones\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 886, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
No More Secrets 0.11
Fri Jul 31 23:53:16 2020
i got that :O

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
Can anyone tell me why there is an incest patch? I just played the entire game and I did see any instance where there was any sex between blood relatives. They only reference to Mom was when Lizzie said something about Jeane. Where is the incest?

jiraiya_69

Feb 15, 2020
it was a amazing game WITH 16 END
but still needs another update i can not finish Vannesa route there is a error at prom night

jiraiya_69

Feb 15, 2020
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Ramones\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1678, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Ramones\Desktop\NoMoreSecrets-0.11-pc\renpy\script.py", line 886, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
No More Secrets 0.11
Fri Jul 31 23:53:16 2020
i got that :O
in Vannesa route???? because i got that too on shis route

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Can anyone tell me why there is an incest patch? I just played the entire game and I did see any instance where there was any sex between blood relatives. They only reference to Mom was when Lizzie said something about Jeane. Where is the incest?
You need to find the secret of who his real mother is.

In short, Jeane is his real birth mother but couldn't look after him so gave him to her friend to raise. Lizzie is his real sister which also makes Aime his cousin.

Only really matters if you use the patch, personally I prefer it without the patch because it makes 2 characters look like absolute cunts with it.

With the patch, Jeane knew her own son was hurting and watched him spiral into depression and almost die but said absolutely nothing. If she had told him the truth everything would have been fine and him nearly dying of an overdose and then runing off to Amsterdam would never have happened.

She didn't say anything because she didn't want Phil to know so basically put a guy she hadn't known for long infront of her son and turned her back on him again.

Lizzie looks like a cunt because she found out she was his sister and doesn't say anything despite knowing he's still got issues and needed someone to accept him.

Without the patch it doesn't matter because Phil was the one that took him in, it had nothing to do with Jeane. I have to play without the patch because it makes me hate Jeane is I try and play with it.

HowlerMonkee

Dec 3, 2019
The README(dot)txt that comes with the patch tells how to activate it, if you don't actually activate it, it does nothing. RTFM.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So there is no Saeki ending?(She just say that pregnant wth mc baby and thats all?(
Saeki came back for Stephen not the MC. She used him for a quick fuck before going back for her boyfriend but she had a thing for his friend not him.

4.10 star(s) 184 Votes