4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Thanks for the kind words and critique, Nate! I helped a bit on the writing side, but that's mostly Danny, my partner. I do know that the main reason for some of the choices (or lack thereof) is because, based on some of the early choices in the game, the characters backstories could change and shift, making them act in ways they wouldn't in other paths (Abbie doing coke or not even having the option in a couple paths is a perfect example.) Based on the choices you made as other characters, it actually changed her backstory a bit in the game, so if she has no choice in doing the coke, then her and Ellen's (her best friend) relationship before the start of "No Saints" changes to where Ellen is a bit wilder, whereas Abbie learned from doing drugs when they were still in high school and refuses because she learned from her mistakes in the past. Danny and I likened it to the old "choose your own adventure" books that we liked back when we were kids, where you just guide the characters in a direction and the story goes on from there and it could change based on the choices you made. I know this type of storytelling isn't everyone's cup of tea, but, rest assured, we do have it mapped out where things aren't just slapped together so to speak lol. And we will be putting a walkthrough out at some point, though that might take a while, as we both have full-time jobs and finding the time can be a bit crazy.
I understand what you mean, and thank you for explaining your approach. However, I think you need to think about your audience... forcing decisions without making it clear [let's face it, there is no hint or obvious link to removing the Abbie/coke decision] will make your game confusing and frustrating... I don't want to have to use a walkthrough. Make the choices meaningful AND visible and let them drive your game. The old "choose your own adventure" books didn't hide the choices... the Abbie/coke decision was a hidden choice. What you are proposing is a Choose Your Own Adventure but which needs a walkthrough as well.

sahilkun

Nov 1, 2017
Get a good Banner(maybe a in game screenshot),,, and the post will receive more attention. as game screenshot looks cool (y)

ellensaint

May 26, 2021
New files were just uploaded on itch.io with fixes made, addressing some of the critiques. No more hidden choices and the ability to skip through the animations. Thanks for the suggestions and we hope you like the changes.

Caldo

May 3, 2020
Well the skip botton is there but even in the new version the choices... you dont know what you get. For example witch of the girl gets action at the party. There seems to be nora (3 different scenes), Ellen (1 szene 2 variants), Abbie, Kayla&Rayne.

And that comes with 2 choices at the party Drink/dont drink and cocaine/not (and this one has no influence at a scene in that version of the game).

Dont get me wrong its good that there are that many variants, but with that less choices there is no logic behind it.

Reactions: ann87ra

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
Just found this vn and can’t wait to see more. Definitely need more Catherine, would have like to see her stop Zoey having sex with Trevor & then she motor boats him & he fucks her ass.
Also would like to see a back button to play different choices, so you don’t have to save at every choice

Reactions: ellensaint

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
I meant Trevor motorboats her (lol) then titty fucks her and then anal. Also would like to see Catherine leave hubby at a bar or club to go with some waiter to the stalls, maybe some gloryhole action
Also do you plan on any mother daughter scenes? Either with them or with guys? I hope so

Reactions: RolandG.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
the works of writers like Bret Easton Ellis and Chuck Palahniuk... so it's going to be an incredibly twisted, fucked up story... I don't know if I'm intrigued, or scared shitless... I'm going to cautiously give this one a try

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Purple Lagoon

Jun 14, 2020
Just played it. Very interesting.

Let's start with the bad stuff:
- Unskippable animations that are way too long and quite boring.
- Clunky user interface. Not the worst, but still. I'm used to pressing space to continue, rightclick to save etc... all these things are for some reason not possible.
- Unintuitive choice system. I really don't wanna go back to old saves constantly and make a different decision to see if that changes something later on in the game. Especially with the UI (cannot name save files, which seems rather important in this minefield of choices) and the animations you have to go through again.

The good stuff:
I'm enjoying the story so far. It's well written and mature. Especially the intertwining of the stories of the different characters is interesting.
Most of the models look nice (except Nora, who looks like a plastic doll). Abby is my favorite.

So yeah... that's about it.
Keep it up!

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
ok so I don't know if I'm just stupid, or the file is messed up somehow, but I downloaded the game and am stuck on the title screen with no option to start a new game, I've clicked, hit tab, control, shift, alt, enter, space and any combination of those.. am I missing something? please help

edit: ok so for whatever reason, the nopy download was not displaying the New Game etc, but the workupload one was, even though they're the same file.. at least I think they are, but wanted to kind of bring that to your attention in case the file uploaded wrong somehow

Last edited:

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
No. On Patreon, chapter 5 came out this summer. Now he's working on 6, it seems.

XavierVCP

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2019
Use backdrops instead of play movie. Backdrops in Tyrano allow for texts while playing and control by the player to move along the animation. Other than that...it's pretty good.
Xavier...

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes