D

Deleted member 1463876

So what your saying is that when you hit the footer label "Save", it's making an new slot with the data in int, but it disappears when you reopen the menu?
It's there if I reopen the menu immediately, it's not there anymore when I open the menu later in the game.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
It's there if I reopen the menu immediately, it's not there anymore when I open the menu later in the game.
I see. I have a feeling I know whats up. It's going to take a rebuild for the Mac version anyway so I'll have to get on it and make that happen.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
My game ends immidiately after Kelsey arrives, any idea what is the cause of this?
Did the day count run out for you? AS in, did you get teh "Thanks for Playing (Save Now)" message scene?
If not, are you sure you're not playing v0.6 some how? The Main Story ends on Kelsey's first appearance in that one.
If not still... Let's look into it!

thedoctorr

May 10, 2018
Seems we've yet more to do to make the gameplay more appealling, but it seems balancing will only go so far. I don't quite understand why people feel it's too grindy, as I find it challenging but doable. Are people finding it too easy that it isn't challenging then? Or do people just not want to play a game at all and just click a VN?

I'm interested to know from people in general, but I we're not going to be taking out the gameplay regardless. Maybe we'll find a way to make it better then.
It's grindy, it's confusing, and it's frustrating. I like management simulator type games, but the gameplay here doesn't feel fun. Stress levels are increasing too fast. Outcomes of the job seem to be randomized, and what's the point of a strategy system like proactive and reactive if there's no clue to make your strategic decision for the day and the result you get is random?

Reactions: JonSnow4Life

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
ok guys i solved. to save the game, click on the word SAVE. no on the label but exactly below it and on the word SAVE. Immagine2.png

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
Ok, yes. I see. Did you try clicking the footer part however? Where I have the green arrow?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
yes, yes ok but what did it cost you, allow saving by clicking on the entire label? instead of reducing the action to the single word?

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
It's grindy, it's confusing, and it's frustrating. I like management simulator type games, but the gameplay here doesn't feel fun. Stress levels are increasing too fast. Outcomes of the job seem to be randomized, and what's the point of a strategy system like proactive and reactive if there's no clue to make your strategic decision for the day and the result you get is random?

Let's put "Grindy" aside for a moment as it's the concept I'm trying to get at more, as in the why of it, so its not going to help clarify the point by explaining the word with itself I think.

So it's confusing and frustrating... that's something to go on. We have added a full tutorial board explaining the different elements, but it seems that's not enough, so we'd better understand why then. I guess that by reading that in-game information, nothing really lacks sense, its just difficult to see where it translates from an explanation to practice, is that it? As in "I understand Cooking means this, but I don't see it working that way"?

Stress does rise rather quickly, but that means cycling girls between roles is important, and Noe (who is the only one you can't relieve stress of at will) is still manageable I find. That's me though, so more feedback there is required. Do folks find she's getting too many bad results as they play? More than the other girls?

The outcomes themselves are in part random, but by management of stress and keeping an eye on Sal's side of the street you can avoid most if not all bad outcomes. Bad Outcomes only kick in above a certain threshold, so staying below means you avoid them completely, going above means you risk a bad outcome (usually still get a good one) and then by going with even higher stress you get only bad ones, so you can choose a small gain or a rest at that point. When it comes to Sal's traps, you can see them coming, or at least get a warning, and it's you to whether you want to take the risk of reactive or neutral action. Proactive is there for you to take whenever you want a bigger boost quick is all.

So it seems that perhaps some tighter thresholds are in order for the bad outcomes, to make them less frequently available? Perhaps that'll reduce the appearance of random bad stuff happening, and make it less frustrating? That's a starting point I guess. Perhaps some more discussion will fuel some more understanding/ideas.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
yes, yes ok but what did it cost you, allow saving by clicking on the entire label? instead of reducing the action to the single word?
It's done that way because the slot is a Save and a Load slot, on a combined Save and a Load menu. They need separate buttons to tell apart. I'll refer the inevitable question of why do that to the person who designed it. In hindsight it may be a poor choice of style over function. We shall see about that.

And I do apologize for the fact that it wasn't overly clear to all. We've already updated the explanation text to reflect that notice better, so out of the day's trouble you've had at least some good has come of it and you've helped us make a better product overall (and got a hat tip in our next patch notes). I hope that is some consolidation to you.

---

Why wait for a new build to test if the text is clear even. What do we think folks, is this a better explanation to have as our centre screen notice?

"Click on the Save or Load Text Label at the Slot bottom to Save or Load. Thats the text that appears on hover. "

Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
It's done that way because the slot is a Save and a Load slot, on a combined Save and a Load menu. They need separate buttons to tell apart. I'll refer the inevitable question of why do that to the person who designed it. In hindsight it may be a poor choice of style over function. We shall see about that.

And I do apologize for the fact that it wasn't overly clear to all. We've already updated the explanation text to reflect that notice better, so out of the day's trouble you've had at least some good has come of it and you've helped us make a better product overall (and got a hat tip in our next patch notes). I hope that is some consolidation to you.

---

Why wait for a new build to test if the text is clear even. What do we think folks, is this a better explanation to have as our centre screen notice?

"Click on the Save or Load Text Label at the Slot bottom to Save or Load. Thats the text that appears on hover. "

in fact it was enough to explain it perhaps in the introduction of the game or in the text of the walkthrough.
now solved this "mystery" I'm going to enjoy the game

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Seems we've yet more to do to make the gameplay more appealling, but it seems balancing will only go so far. I don't quite understand why people feel it's too grindy, as I find it challenging but doable. Are people finding it too easy that it isn't challenging then? Or do people just not want to play a game at all and just click a VN?

I'm interested to know from people in general, but I we're not going to be taking out the gameplay regardless. Maybe we'll find a way to make it better then.
I'm not playing the game, but I hope you don't mind me giving my reasoning here.

I played the first or second version of the game (not really sure, but it was at its beginnings) and thought it was too grindy. By that, I mean, I thought it was confusing, very difficult to handle things and without rewards worth it (read: sex).

Are you aware of LOP (Lesson of Passion)'s games? They had a phase where they focused a lot on making status-building kind of games and I thought the gameplay was getting in the way of their stories and sex scenes. On their most recent games, I believe they created a nice balance between them: gameplay that becomes easier as you get to play and get the handle of it, becoming more logic as time passes and not getting in the way of the story. So, reaching the sex scenes stopped feeling like a pain in the ass and started feeling like a reward.

My answer to your second question is, yes, I do prefer a VN. But, I consider VNs to be games because of how the routes system works, like in Japanese VNs.

With all that said, I thought the story was intriguing, the characters interesting and the art gorgeous. I'm still keeping an eye on this, but I'm waiting for it to reach a phase where I feel I can try to get past the gameplay to reach my objective: the sex scenes between the girls and other guys. This game has corruption and women cheating, so I'm patiently waiting for it to reach this stage before giving it another try.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I'm not playing the game, but I hope you don't mind me giving my reasoning here.

I played the first or second version of the game (not really sure, but it was at its beginnings) and thought it was too grindy. By that, I mean, I thought it was confusing, very difficult to handle things and without rewards worth it (read: sex).

Are you aware of LOP (Lesson of Passion)'s games? They had a phase where they focused a lot on making status-building kind of games and I thought the gameplay was getting in the way of their stories and sex scenes. On their most recent games, I believe they created a nice balance between them: gameplay that becomes easier as you get to play and get the handle of it, becoming more logic as time passes and not getting in the way of the story. So, reaching the sex scenes stopped feeling like a pain in the ass and started feeling like a reward.

My answer to your second question is, yes, I do prefer a VN. But, I consider VNs to be games because of how the routes system works, like in Japanese VNs.

With all that said, I thought the story was intriguing, the characters interesting and the art gorgeous. I'm still keeping an eye on this, but I'm waiting for it to reach a phase where I feel I can try to get past the gameplay to reach my objective: the sex scenes between the girls and other guys. This game has corruption and women cheating, so I'm patiently waiting for it to reach this stage before giving it another try.

Well thank you for the thought out and reasoned response.

A quick touch on two things before I get into it, not that I want to make this a really big post. I do that too much. 1) If you haven't played the game's latest yet, its still fine to speak up I think, as long as you have a general idea on what the topic is as it its all helpful, so cheers for sure. 2) I didn't mean to imply that VN's aren't games, and really I don't think that discussion needs to be had. You opinion is as valid as my own there, but when I make the distinction I mean it as short hand for gameplay / strategy rather than just choice based play. S'all good though.

Your analogy to LoP is something to think about for sure. My post above is in part an explanation, but also me thinking a little out loud where I can see it. Previously we've discussed in this thread about the gameplay and how it could be improved, mostly with the focus on clarity of what each item/attitude does and also in the pacing of the unlocking of scenes. That's the "grindy" I came to be trying to reduce, the slow feeling of progress etc. We've been making strides on that front as versions go on, but also as we have more chance to add to the pool of gameplay outcomes (eg, the Entertain option is still yet to come and most jobs have only 2-3 outcome each right now, but that'll be constantly improving).

However, now it seems the more we resolve that aspect, the more the issue is shifting to being less about the pace of progress, but now more of a disconnect between understanding of the mechanics and the actual outcomes you get (leaving aside the actual sex content rewards for the next paragraph). As above, I tried laying out the question of if it's being more that people get what they should be doing and are trying to put in a strategy but it seems to them they have little actual effect on the outcomes? I'd say that's progress in terms of an gameplay system from a few versions ago, but not quite good enough yet. If that's the more prominent problem as of now, that's good that I understand it better as players see it, and I can work better on bridging that divide... So from y'all point of view, is this closer to what you feel when you play the game?

Scene content wise v0.7 was to wrap up and tie in some things we had set up to come (Kelsey joining in mostly, as well as pulling in more details for the girls OSes) and that are prerequisites for soon to come stuff. As you pointed out, more sex and more reward of that kind would help grease the wheels of the gameplay a bit and make it worth doing more. We're already resolved to making versions from v0.8 on focused more on single arcs so we can get more in faster, but I don't think that's the panacea the game needs, even though it'll be a big help. It's good to know that we don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to improving the experience overall though...

Back to your point about the LoP games. I am aware of them yes. I used to enjoy their older game quite a lot actually. Some of their old style of development might well have inspired some of my own stuff subconsciously. I admit I've not played all that much of their more recent stuff, but as you point out I do notice a kind of evolution they had between say Jordan/Tori 500 through to Living With Temptation and such. It's something to think on for sure.

Cheers again for the thoughts and compliments... Let's see if by the time we get the first character's arc beyond where Brad has his (v0.8-v0.9), maybe even two or 3 guys as the differnt kinds of playstyles get fed evenily, it'll be a better experience for it...

Reactions: thedude
Jan 8, 2018
I dunno who Kelsey is as my game ends before she even turns up! I have deleted all previous saves and even the folder in app data but get nothing except the "Save Now" screen

ran46

Jul 11, 2018
Kelsey fan are you? She's such a conniving little bitch... But we love her too. Should get hotter with her around for sure.

Just stick them in the main folder beside the game .exe, that should be all you need to do.

As for new saves, they should be working, and definitely worked when we tested it on our end in engine, but it seems like something worth investigating. Thanks for the heads up.

That'll all come down to your player choices it will. Whether she wins or loses will be up to how you play and if you stay stong in the face of his efforts. You can do it, Noemi!

Nope. Not from us at least. Doesn't seem like the kind of game that'd work well on the small screen anyways.

It should work. As the Save panel itself says, you've got to click down on the Save label at the bottom and it can be temperamental. Beyond that we're investigating if there's been a creep in of some save issue, so cheers for reaffirming that check.

It might be, but it might not too. I get what you mean, but at the same time that'll also lead to people pushing ahead to Day 150 or some such for no particular reason, then just getting flooded with all the scenes of new versions without a gap, which will collapse the pace of the game in future updates. Give it have a heads up UI to tell you you've seen all the scenes, it may be a more reasonable option to do it like you say and let those with common sense get the best experience, but still... hard to say. Something worth thinking on anyway. Good fellow.

Thank you, thank you kindly! No, it's not. Animations would take a whole lot of rendering which would undercut our content and game pace as it is now. It's not something we can do at this point I'm afraid.

So I've seen you say today. Right-o, time for some sleuthing. Can you elaborate more on what's going on or what you set up is like? I see you've posted that AoH has a Save problem for you too which goes beyond NTR's save system's set up, and AoH doesn't have any outstanding save bug notices, so while it's entirely possible we can find and fix up something general that'll help make our stuff better, this inter-game issue you're having seems like it's more than just the game code. We'll investigate nonetheless though.
The game works completely fine, but when you have to option to save before proceeding to the next day the save slot doesn't appear when I try to access it at any other point. The same thing happens when I try to save during the work day. I have the mac version of the game and haven't changed any of the configurations since downloading it. Thanks for taking interest in the issue sorry if I came off as rude earlier.

GrimReviews

Feb 11, 2019

for me the stress system was the main downside i felt i spent more time trying to manage the stress levels than actually enjoying the game but i think that could be overcome with more variant of activities to decrease stress or adding tasks in the cafe to lower stress does she like baking have her bake in the kitchen to lower stress while still increasing reputation and earning you money just things that expand on the gameplay to enhance the expierence there also feels like a lack of in game direction if it wasnt for reading walkthroughs i wouldnt have a clue on what to do. ill still be checking out the next few updates to see how it is. like i said i love the art and the story keep up the good work guys.

Reaverrew

Nov 4, 2017
Debating about checking out this update. I am really bitter about when the you run out of the days you can't even play it in a sandbox fashion

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes