VN Ren'Py Abandoned Normal Trade Relations [v0.35] [Lostworks]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I believe this is a fundamental misunderstanding of NTR-haters and their psychology.

We find tragedy and negative emotions to be directly counterintuitive to our goals when playing these games. We don't want tragic.

I'm not one of those people that complains when a game isn't made for them, I want everyone to have games they like. However, in the same way that I can't stand people saying things like "Hey, I know you don't like zombie movies, but watch THIS one", I also think you need to understand that you are incorrect. If your game is going to have unavoidable NTR (the kind where the protagonist sees other men fucking girls he's interested in), then you should accept and internalize that you aren't making a game that harem-game lovers are going to have any interest in, and they'll likely be mad if you somehow manage to convince them this game is different... because going by the metric they actually care about, it isn't.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding people, but I see nothing wrong in talking with them and fleshing those misunderstandings out.

Reactions: The Sailor Man
Jan 16, 2023
First, Anna never cheated on Levin. She cheats on Karenin. And I've shown in this latest update, that the protagonist's wife didn't enjoy the sex with her ex-boyfriend because he had a big cock, that was one of the points that made her not like it.
My bad, I mixed up the names. By the way, the "criticism" I presented is aimed towards NTR games in general, not yours in particular. I don't want to come off as someone who shits on your game without even playing it. That said, you could say that I wanted you to see how your "politeness" comes off. It feels like you're trying to get people to play them with a bit of a misguided view of your own game. That's the reason I pointed out the title and the cover image. At first glance, all of the typical NTR red flags are there, but your words say something else. I just thought it was funny because I imagined the scenario of a shady-looking dude saying "Psst, kid, want some candy?" to the NTR haters.

You don't have to convince me to play the game, though. I know this is not the type of game I enjoy and I didn't come here to hate on it. The discussion about Anna Karenina was interesting which is what brought me to post, but I apologise if it seemed I was criticising your game. I would never criticise so easily without seeing it myself.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
My bad, I mixed up the names. By the way, the "criticism" I presented is aimed towards NTR games in general, not yours in particular. I don't want to come off as someone who shits on your game without even playing it. That said, you could say that I wanted you to see how your "politeness" comes off. It feels like you're trying to get people to play them with a bit of a misguided view of your own game. That's the reason I pointed out the title and the cover image. At first glance, all of the typical NTR red flags are there, but your words say something else. I just thought it was funny because I imagined the scenario of a shady-looking dude saying "Psst, kid, want some candy?" to the NTR haters.
Not gonna lie, you really made me laugh.

You don't have to convince me to play the game, though. I know this is not the type of game I enjoy and I didn't come here to hate on it. The discussion about Anna Karenina was interesting which is what brought me to post, but I apologise if it seemed I was criticising your game. I would never criticise so easily without seeing it myself.
Hey, no worries. It's all cool, I'm just glad that we get to talk about this. But as for you not playing the game... "Psst, kid, want some candy?"

• Haha
Reactions: Revolving Mania
Jan 16, 2023
Story is not mine, and I will not write it ever, Drexel does. But to point out one glaring thing people focus on way too much; the bigger penis size. You look at the image and see a bigger penis, hence you think it is NTR, but nobody ever really focuses on the fact that there are 2 guys... and yet 3 girls. Interesting to see people never hung up on that, and yet focus on the penis size...
Because that's the typical premise of NTR stories and at least for this thread, it is being promoted like that. I think you could accept fault at least for this part. The problem is that at first glance, the synopsis, the title and the cover image all point to the typical cliché, if the game is not meant to be that way, then it is you guys' fault for promoting it that way, no?

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding people, but I see nothing wrong in talking with them and fleshing those misunderstandings out.
I commend you if you are able to effectively communicate with the anti crowd in any meaningful way. It's a skill I seem to have opposite powers in. I try to be clear and thoughtful and it only gets interpreted as offensive and triggering to most of them haha.

Reactions: neronwtf
Jan 16, 2023
I do not think that typical premise of NTR games is to have more women than men.
I don't either, and it's not what I said in the first place. The typical premise is to have a more capable male adversary with a huge dick and you have that on display in the OP. Couple that with the title and the synopsis and you have all the typical red flags.

Jan 16, 2023
I don't know how to explain it to you because you don't seem to understand. This is NOT about what the game is, it's about the way it is being promoted. If you can't understand that single point then we will continue to go in circles.

Maxus_mudo

Nov 17, 2022
The only thing wrong with this game so far is that the updates are so small and insignificant that it puts me off investing the time to continue playing.
Other than that, it's looking like it could be real nice.

Faxe10%

Apr 30, 2023
Porsche already had two reservations...two Porsche Cayman 718 for these Devs...another hit game...hahaha.

Jan 16, 2023
I understood, but like I previously stated, people who look at the big penis and see a cuckold game want to see a cuckold game. People who look at 2 guys and 3 girls may see something else. You think we are promoting it that way, when in fact, we never did :D
Whatever you say, buddy. Are you ready to let go of your actual audience? Go on and tell the NTR fans that your game is not a cuckold game, you will likely lose all your supporters. I'd advise you to not go against the interest of your game just to win an argument.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The only thing wrong with this game so far is that the updates are so small and insignificant that it puts me off investing the time to continue playing.
Other than that, it's looking like it could be real nice.
We could certainly make bigger updates if we took every three months for one. But we're dedicated to giving an update every month and sure, that inhibits the size but I feel that it shows that we're committed to a schedule.

sandstone7734

Nov 27, 2019
Game fails during store conversation with Bella.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While loading <'Image' u'images/nte148.png'>:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
Exception: Could not load image u'images/nte148.png': error('Error reading the PNG file.',)

May 26, 2018
You can do whatever you like, but the misunderstanding is the belief that this is a game that non-NTR people might like. It could be, but not if you include NTR (duh!), regardless of how much depth or substance you give the game. Yes, it would be good to flesh that misunderstanding out, because then you won't keep trying to get people to play your game that will just get mad once they do.

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
I don't play NTR but after playing this game, it seems that its focusing more on the story, drama and emotions?

Not gonna lie, it kinda piqued my interest.
Will players be able to do something? Like retaliate or take revenge(i'm pretty sure getting cheated on is unavoidable), maybe dump your wife and go for her friends or go out your way to destroy her ex etc? Or open up the marriage to find a better woman and make your wife doubt herself?

I'm hoping it wont be the usual NTR cuckold game.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I don't play NTR but after playing this game, it seems that its focusing more on the story, drama and emotions?

Not gonna lie, it kinda piqued my interest.
Will players be able to do something? Like retaliate or take revenge(i'm pretty sure getting cheated on is unavoidable), maybe dump your wife and go for her friends or go out your way to destroy her ex etc? Or open up the marriage to find a better woman and make your wife doubt herself?

I'm hoping it wont be the usual NTR cuckold game.
Yes, in the event that your protagonist gets cheated on, you will be able to retaliate.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Project Paused, notice .

I am sure that mods can mark this as On Hold or Abandoned or whatnot. That really depends on whether or not I can get a new 3D Artist. That said, I do want to thank everyone I had lively discussions with on here and people who became a fan of the game. I don't know about the download links remaining active or whatnot. Pixx and I really wanted to see this project through to completion but sometimes things don't work out like that.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote