MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
So is there a date on when the update will release publicly? I'm looking foward to more Jen content on the duo sub route.
There won’t be public versions anymore. The reason for that is pure marketing.

I used to have the game on sale on patreon or itch for 5$, then 2$, then free. Itch promotes much more projects that aren’t free. I’m happy to share this data where you can clearly see the difference it makes to have the game on sale or not.

itch views.PNG

The release, in August 2021, was for free, that’s way the peak length is so short. Then, chapter 2 was 1 month on sale. Chapter 3 was 2 months, that’s why the views stayed high for longer.

Before the views decrease a lot, you can see a burst in activity. That’s when the chapters where made free. After that, the game just stopped being promoted and disappeared in the shadows.

That exposure is just too good to pass. So I decided to try to end the free versions to see if that helps the itch algorithm promote the game for longer. If that turns out to not happen, I'll rethink this approach.

So, for now, the options to get the updates will be:
  • 1 time payments on itch (around €15 for now)
  • Option to subscribe to patreon and get the update (€5 in the first 2 weeks after release, €2 after that).
  • Once patrons pledge at least €20, they will also be gifted an itch.io key, so they can get all the future updates even if they stop being a patron.
  • Piracy, for free, once the games leaks here. The more popular the game becomes, the faster that should happen.

In the past, the game leaked here before I made it free anyway. So, anyone that can't/don't want to pay for the updates, shouldn't notice any difference. Just download it from here when it leaks.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I'm still playing this superb update, but I already wanted to write few things.

Typos:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I got an errors too:
I got another 2 during same scene.

Scenes I particularly enjoyed (for now):
I just played it once and yeah you can lose the volleyball game, I lost.

Reactions: Mister_M

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I'm still playing this superb update, but I already wanted to write few things.
Great!

Typos:

I got an errors too:
I got another 2 during same scene.
Thanks for head's up. I just leaned I'm a moron with transitions on renpy...

About the scenes:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I'm waiting for the public release,* but just out of idle curiosity: Did you ever alter that decision the way you mentioned once so the player doesn't have to pick a crush? It's no biggie, but would decide if I go back and play from that scene again or just pick up from what's new.

* Edit: Obviously I hadn't seen your comment above about no longer doing public releases when I wrote this. Sincerely hope that works out for you, the business model seems very fair and generous.

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I'm waiting for the public release, but just out of idle curiosity: Did you ever alter that decision the way you mentioned once so the player doesn't have to pick a crush? It's no biggie, but would decide if I go back and play from that scene again or just pick up from what's new.
Yes, that was changed in some older patch. I'm almost sure the version 0.3.2 posted here should already have that option.

Reactions: gregers

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Typos:
Thanks!

Exactly. The scenes are very different.

Reactions: Mister_M

Turpitudinous

Jul 31, 2017
Campfire scene typos:
Emma: Somehow I don't remeber seeing you -> remember
PC: Until them you just suffer. -> until then
Olivia: I once had a chance to do it in a threesoome -> threesome

Carnival:
PC: Jesus, who the hell I'm talking to -> the hell am I
Emma: Who's side are you on?! -> Whose

Lea hiking:
PC: I wanna know how you -> what you

Clothing store:
Emma: ...who's side are you on?! -> whose
Lea: sneak into a change room together -> changing room

Many instances: Striper -> Stripper

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Turpitudinous, Mister_M, and others.

Thanks for all the typo reports. I'm double checking that I have managed to fix all of them in my work-in-progress edit file. I'm still human so there may be some that slip through :cry:

Feel free to send me any reports by direct message as well - it can help prevent too many spoilers in the thread :ROFLMAO:

I'm currently 85% done with proofreading of chapter 4.

MrSilverLust is planning a v0.4.xx patch update in the very near future that will roll up all of the edits, the proofreading and typo fixes, and bugfixes for any issues reported by Patrons during this initial Patron only release period. If any of you can manage to wait until that patch drops, I promise you'll get an even more perfect version of this already heavenly game! :love:

EDIT: to clarify, the current release has 75% of the content already completely edited/proofread. The part I'm working on now is the result of the final push by the dev in the week before release - there's always some last minute additions, and in order to hit the promised patron release dates there is never room to wait for me to finish. It's been great to work with MrSilverLust and this chapter was better than ever because he was able to repeatedly give me in-progress alpha releases to get some of the proofing completed early, before the patron release.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
So no more free updates ?
From the MrSilverLust post just above:
So, for now, the options to get the updates will be:
  • 1 time payments on itch (around €15 for now)
  • Option to subscribe to patreon and get the update (€5 in the first 2 weeks after release, €2 after that).
  • Once patrons pledge at least €20, they will also be gifted an itch.io key, so they can get all the future updates even if they stop being a patron.
  • Piracy, for free, once the games leaks here. The more popular the game becomes, the faster that should happen.

In the past, the game leaked here before I made it free anyway. So, anyone that can't/don't want to pay for the updates, shouldn't notice any difference. Just download it from here when it leaks.
If you do not want to support the creator (or are unable to pay €5 once every few months), then wait and download a copy from f95 once it leaks.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
If we purchased on itch is it going to be updated there, and is that tied to the price we paid? I know Patreon over $20 (or whatever it was) is supposed to get itch codes or something, but what about itch purchases under that price?
That mechanism is still not up and running yet, you can’t yet buy it there. The Itch page only has version 0.3.2 as of now.

In a couple days, when I make the 0.4.1 patch, I’ll upload it on itch and sell it there. It’ll be a onetime purchase ($15) that will give you access to all future updates. Mind you, future updates will still be released first to patrons, like this time. This is mostly to have more people testing and finding errors (this time 2 have already been found) before putting the game on sale, and also to give a little benefit to those that support on patreon. I think this delay will usually be around 3 days.

So no more free updates ?
Exactly, as explained above.

In practice, nothing changes. Previous updates were already available “publicly” way before the official public release. By doing the official public release, I was just hurting exposure on itch and helping no one.

This way, the game gets more exposure; I can offer onetime payments to people that dislike Patreon; I can offer itch keys to old patrons that already supported the game with a significant amount; and people that can’t/want to pay will get their free version exactly at the same time anyway.

I believe it to be a win-win situation to everyone.

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Turpitudinous, Mister_M, and others.
Thanks for all the typo reports. I'm double checking that I have managed to fix all of them in my work-in-progress edit file. I'm still human so there may be some that slip through :cry:
Haha, most of those reports are from the parts you didn’t proofread. Your work was amazing, super-fast and a huge part of making this a good update. I don’t know how you do it, I just get dyslexic after looking at text for so long :ROFLMAO:

The pinnacle example of this is a line at the end. Initially it was:
“To know how good a person is, measure the increase in general well-being or happiness that they caused in the world.”

In the last round of reading, before the release, I decided I wanted it to change to:
“To know how good of a person you are, measure the increase in general well-being or happiness that you caused in the world.”

Meanwile, I ended up writing this...:
“To know how good of a person is you are, measure the increase in general well-being or happiness that you caused in the world.”

I’d like to claim I was just tired, but that happens way too often! :ROFLMAO:

Another really strong update MrSilverLust!
(...)
The biggest sin of this chapter: No chess! WTF, how could you?!?! :p
It’s always a pleasure to read your comments jufot , I’m glad you liked it.
It was holidays, Jen also needs a break from her work:p

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
In the last round of reading, before the release, I decided I wanted it to change to:
“To know how good of a person you are, measure the increase in general well-being or happiness that you caused in the world.”
Nitpicking, but might want to consider "To know how good you are as a person, ..." if you want to go for full correctness.

"How good of a" is grammatically suspect, but of course a common enough slip in spoken English, esp. American English.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Last edited:

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Hi there MrSilverLust,

Thank you for a great chapter!
When you said it was large I certainly didn't expect it to be this big. Nevertheless, you managed to make it in a more than reasonable amount of time (at least from my point of view, as I support other devs and keep my eye on updates from other quality projects, and by comparison you managed to produce a great chunk of work in "little" time), and you really delivered once again quality wise. Like others have said, one of the best, if not the best that I've played this year, and I do play a lot!
Aside the already mentioned with Jen (not on Deb's path) I didn't find any bugs nor gameplay inconsistencies, just some typos that are more than natural in such a huge text.

What I did found was a great story continuation, almost a story inside a story, because of the different setting of the beach house, the holidays and the fact that all the cast was together in the same place. Lots of stories true to characters personalities and development of kink exploration, progress (or not) in on going relationships and some much welcomed branching on some girls' kinks (I'll explain next). So, once again, great work. If that's what you can come up with when you're stressed (from what you posted on your patreon page some time ago), please feel free to stress yourself more, just don't overdo it.;)

So, for now, these are my thoughts on the chapter. You raised the bar high and we benefit from that. Keep it there or raise it even further, and we'll benefit even more. I can't wait for the next chapters.
I can't believe that I finished this chapter with around 70% of dialogue read, whatever that really means! Also, as I said before, for a non native speaker like myself, good writing is essential if you want the best experience. So my thanks also to osanaiko for his help. Perhaps one day I'll buy you both a beer!:D
Oh, and cool option to make quick menu and skills menu appear by hovering the mouse over. Just noticed that now (I hate graphic elements that obstruct the view, like menus or textboxes).
Once again, great update. Can't wait for more.
Take care.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Thank you for a great chapter!
Thanks for the extensive feedback, it’s really appreciated!

Reactions: Vleder
4.60 star(s) 155 Votes