sigalchris

Jan 25, 2019
MrSilverLust It looks like I am one of the few Mac users that have downloaded your game so far. Game crashes about 20 seconds into loading. OpenGL has been depreciated on Mac for years (versions supported are from 2010) and seem to be an issue. View attachment renpy-traceback.txt View attachment renpy-traceback.txt I couldn't find a quick fix from google search, so you may want to pull Mac support until you find out what is up. Good luck with the game. If you find a fix I would love to try it.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
MrSilverLust It looks like I am one of the few Mac users that have downloaded your game so far. Game crashes about 20 seconds into loading. OpenGL has been depreciated on Mac for years (versions supported are from 2010) and seem to be an issue. View attachment 1287603 View attachment 1287603 I couldn't find a quick fix from google search, so you may want to pull Mac support until you find out what is up. Good luck with the game. If you find a fix I would love to try it.
Shit, I’m sorry, I don’t own a Mac to test it before release. As far as I was aware, everything should have been compatible and work, but apparently I’m wrong. I’ll remove the mac version from the OP. Thanks for the heads up.

Since I don’t have access to a Mac to test, it’s very difficult for me to find a solution. I only have one guess. Would you mind to please try the following?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Let me know if that fixes anything.

I got this:

:cry::cry::cry:
Are you running Linux? Another OS I couldn’t test unfortunately. Can you please tell me if that happens on launch or during a particular scene? Thank you and I’m sorry for the troubles.

Jan 18, 2018
Shit, I’m sorry, I don’t own a Mac to test it before release. As far as I was aware, everything should have been compatible and work, but apparently I’m wrong. I’ll remove the mac version from the OP. Thanks for the heads up.

Since I don’t have access to a Mac to test, it’s very difficult for me to find a solution. I only have one guess. Would you mind to please try the following?

Are you running Linux? Another OS I couldn’t test unfortunately. Can you please tell me if that happens on launch or during a particular scene? Thank you and I’m sorry for the troubles.
For some reason that error has stopped.

sigalchris

Jan 25, 2019

The fix worked, but you have to merge the new game folder, not replace. I haven't tried deleting the opengl.rpa yet, but will after a playthrough.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
The fix worked, but you have to merge the new game folder, not replace. I haven't tried deleting the opengl.rpa yet, but will after a playthrough.
Yeah, my bad, I indeed meant to say merge both folders. I wasn’t sure if it would work without deleting opengl.rpa, but if it does even better. Thanks for pointing it out and testing it. I have now updated the OP with the patch.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, this game is amazing. I got a question about the skills though. Do we need to spend points ahead of time on these skills, or can we just bank the points until a choice requires a certain skill? Basically, does having certain skills alter some dialogues? Or is it used exclusively for skill checks when making choices?

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Damn, this game is amazing. I got a question about the skills though. Do we need to spend points ahead of time on these skills, or can we just bank the points until a choice requires a certain skill? Basically, does having certain skills alter some dialogues? Or is it used exclusively for skill checks when making choices?
You can wait. For instance, I waited until I was told a certain skill was needed. I then entered my skills list by clicking the icon (wherever you click to see it), bought the skill, and exited the skills area. The option was available when I returned to the choice. In the event that exact process doesn't work, just roll back a screen or two, buy the skill you want, and then proceed forward.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
As of now the skills are just used when checking for choices. For simplicity' sake, I'll keep it that way, at least for a while.

You can buy them on the fly just when the choice is presented to you. Actually, that's probably the preferred strategy, to always try to have some points in reserve and just buy some skill when you need it for the choice you want to make.

I'll also keep being very generous with awarding personality points. The idea is to help the players tailor the sex scenes to better fit their kinks, not to lock them out of the stuff they want to see.

One of the things I'll introduce in the next update is a help button in the skills screen to better explain the nuances of the system. One of the reviews pointed out that's not properly done and, unfortunately, I have to agree.

At some point before the next update I'll also make a more detailed post with my thoughts about the skill system and my future plans for it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
As of now the skills are just used when checking for choices. For simplicity' sake, I'll keep it that way, at least for a while.

You can buy them on the fly just when the choice is presented to you. Actually, that's probably the preferred strategy, to always try to have some points in reserve and just buy some skill when you need it for the choice you want to make.

I'll also keep being very generous with awarding personality points. The idea is to help the players tailor the sex scenes to better fit their kinks, not to lock them out of the stuff they want to see.

One of the things I'll introduce in the next update is a help button in the skills screen to better explain the nuances of the system. One of the reviews pointed out that's not properly done and, unfortunately, I have to agree.

At some point before the next update I'll also make a more detailed post with my thoughts about the skill system and my future plans for it.
Yea, while it would be really good and immersive if the skills dynamically alter the dialogues and the MC's personality, it would be a nightmare to code and write for. It's much more manageable to use the skills just for choices. Unfortunately, it will not be as elegant and immersive.

edit: Oh, but you still need to be very careful with this approach as well. There is a very common problem that arises in many games that do it this way. You have a baseline MC with his personality and dialogues that happen in between choices. The common text lines. And then for certain choices, you can choose to act in a wildly different manner. The MC might suddenly become rapey or super misogynistic during choices where you pick those, but during the common text lines, he goes back to being the normal guy.

I think this problem would be somewhat alleviated based on what I'm seeing in this game already. Mainly, there are quite a lot of small choices that comes frequently which lets us form a somewhat consistent view of the MC. For example, if we continue to pick the +1 minor choices for cunning and power, the MC doesn't come off as some sissy soyboy (he still has his own issues, but doesn't open up except in rare circumstances). That's good. If we can keep this consistency in characterization, the major skill check choices might not seem out of place after all.

Just some things to keep in mind. Consistency in character motivations, personality, and actions are very important. It's easy to mess up when offering a wide range of choices on the morality scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosty2000

DonbaOz

Jul 12, 2018
I don't feel like I'm qualify to rate a game, and I don't really have the spare money to support you.
But I just want to say that this game is amazing.
I can't wait to play the next chapter, and hope you have a good time.
Because I certainly have with this game.

Reactions: bulifun

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Very interesting start, how many chapters will there be in total?
I have a good idea of the story I want to tell and the kinks I want to include, but it's difficult to tell how many chapters that will take. Especially because I can divide it however I want, eg.: fewer but bigger chapters; or more but smaller chapters.

But, at any given chapter, we can look at the skills used to get a good estimate of where in the story we are. More skills used means we are closer to the end. Once all skills are used, and the consequences of doing that, both to the mc and the girls, are properly explored, then it's time to wrap up everything.

Reactions: Yuri L

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
I have a good idea of the story I want to tell and the kinks I want to include, but it's difficult to tell how many chapters that will take. Especially because I can divide it however I want, eg.: fewer but bigger chapters; or more but smaller chapters.

But, at any given chapter, we can look at the skills used to get a good estimate of where in the story we are. More skills used means we are closer to the end. Once all skills are used, and the consequences of doing that, both to the mc and the girls, are properly explored, then it's time to wrap up everything.
Hypothetically, if the chapters were the size of the first one then would 10 suffice?

I did appreciate that the usage of the skills makes the kinks entirely optional so players who want to play it like a drama/romance VN will be able to do so as well.

Zenith2137

Apr 13, 2020
Hi! Just wanted to say that I'm loving this game so far, but I wanted to address a criticism or two that I have. I'd like to see more of the work life of the MC, for example, a private session or two with Jen without any sexual innuendos, that's pretty much the only negative I see story-wise. However, and I don't want to come off as a hard-ass or anything, the spelling and grammar for the second half of the chapter were subpar, which was surprising to see, because the first half was well-written without any major linguistic errors. That said, I'm really looking forward to future updates and will consider chipping in on Patreon once I get my finances in order. Cheers!

Reactions: TundraLupus

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020

Make as many chapters as you can, PLEASE. Characters in the game, story, chess, fetishes. All of them are perfect. It has already become one of my favorite games.I wish you continued success. Love you DEV <3

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
4.60 star(s) 155 Votes