AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I'm glad you're liking the game.

As far as I understand, the tags section here should contain only tags with current content in the game. That's why there's no cheating there yet. Although, I've seen game threads with a "planned tags" section. Maybe I should write one of those. But, basically, every kink in the skills menu will have scenes in the game at some point.

So yes, there will be cheating, and content with Dev and Kim starting in the next couple chapters.
Oh that makes sense yeah.. And you right alot of game threads put out planned tags so players can know what kinks will be in the game to prevent future surprises.. But the skill menu u got practically has all the tags lol(although you'd have to play the game first to see those tags) so I guess it would be wise for u to create a planned tag section.. I'm assuming they are all optional yeah? And there will be no forced content?.. Especially with that cuck skill lol..the fact that it's even a skill is hilarious

Also who does the cuckqueen skill refer to?
Surely can't be the MC.. Does this mean we can make a girl a cuckqueen by cheating on her.. Im a bit confused by some of the tags
Perhaps u should make a list of those kinks and explain each of em?

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Oh that makes sense yeah.. And you right alot of game threads put out planned tags so players can know what kinks will be in the game to prevent future surprises.. But the skill menu u got practically has all the tags lol(although you'd have to play the game first to see those tags) so I guess it would be wise for u to create a planned tag section.. I'm assuming they are all optional yeah? And there will be no forced content?.. Especially with that cuck skill lol..the fact that it's even a skill is hilarious

Also who does the cuckqueen skill refer to?
Surely can't be the MC.. Does this mean we can make a girl a cuckqueen by cheating on her.. Im a bit confused by some of the tags
Perhaps u should make a list of those kinks and explain each of em?
Yeah, several people have mentioned that the skills need further explanations. For the next update I will add a few more informative screens. Hopefully I can give enough information without getting too verbose (I tend to write a lot lol)

The skills have two functions:
1) to allow the player to choose what kinks to have. If there's a kink you don't want, like cuckolding, just don't get those skills and you won't see scenes with that kink.

2) to have a consistent narrative. The most hardcore kinks, either dominant or submissive, require the player to consistently make dominant or submissive choices to get enough points to "learn" the necessary skills to perform those kinks well.

As for the cuckquean kink, you are mostly correct. It refers to a girl that gets off on having her love interest fuck other girls. In "game logic" you need the "cuckquean" skill to "learn" how to cuck a girl.

This kink can take several flavours, and it's not necessarily just you cheating on her. The cuckquean might help you get other girls and join for a threesome. Or she might not be into it at all it's the humiliation aspect of having the guy she loves fucking a prettier girl that does it for her. Or it can be a punishment where you hurt her by fucking other girls in front of her to teach her a lesson. Or... there's always another scenario.

And I'm sorry but I don't tell spoilers. You'll have to wait a few chapters to get to those advanced kinks and find which girl(s) is(are) into that, and how it plays out.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Yeah, several people have mentioned that the skills need further explanations. For the next update I will add a few more informative screens. Hopefully I can give enough information without getting too verbose (I tend to write a lot lol)

1) to allow the player to choose what kinks to have. If there's a kink you don't want, like cuckolding, just don't get those skills and you won't see scenes with that kink.

2) to have a consistent narrative. The most hardcore kinks, either dominant or submissive, require the player to consistently make dominant or submissive choices to get enough points to "learn" the necessary skills to perform those kinks well.

As for the cuckquean kink, you are mostly correct. It refers to a girl that gets off on having her love interest fuck other girls. In "game logic" you need the "cuckquean" skill to "learn" how to cuck a girl.

This kink can take several flavours, and it's not necessarily just you cheating on her. The cuckquean might help you get other girls and join for a threesome. Or she might not be into it at all it's the humiliation aspect of having the guy she loves fucking a prettier girl that does it for her. Or it can be a punishment where you hurt her by fucking other girls in front of her to teach her a lesson. Or... there's always another scenario.

And I'm sorry but I don't tell spoilers. You'll have to wait a few chapters to get to those advanced kinks and find which girl(s) is(are) into that, and how it plays out.
That was very informative.. I have a better understanding now of the cuckqueen kink.. Sounds pretty intresting with all the possibilities you mentioned or reactions involving the cuckqueen kink... Also the whole kink system u got going is pretty sweet, giving us the option to choose exactly what kink relating scenes we wanna see and how that effects the story or relationships with individual characters

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021

This kink can take several flavors, and it's not necessarily just you cheating on her. The cuckquean might help you get other girls and join for a threesome. Or she might not be into it at all it's the humiliation aspect of having the guy she loves fucking a prettier girl that does it for her. Or it can be a punishment where you hurt her by fucking other girls in front of her to teach her a lesson. Or... there's always another scenario.

so cuckquean is when you cuck your queen, gotcha...

I lowkey like very much your skill system... in one hand it allows a smooth progression in the kink intensity so you wont jump to the most extreme fetiches out of the blue. Also it is a better way to inform player's desired kinks in advance, I wish more games added systems like that, I really hate seeing dialog options with the note (WARNING: FUTA/TRANS CONTENT DON'T CLICK THIS IF YOU DON'T LIKE FUTA/TRANS) :cautious: I know not everybody likes that, but adding a warning like It is wrong to like that is annoying.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
so cuckquean is when you cuck your queen, gotcha...
I think you got the cuck part right, but I'm not sure about queen.

Apparently nowadays quean means:
  • an impudent or badly behaved girl or woman.
  • a prostitute.

Etymologically the word derives from the old english "cwene" meaning "woman", and from the dutch "kween" meaning "barren cow". Huh. The more you learn.

Make of it what you will :LOL:

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I think you got the cuck part right, but I'm not sure about queen.

Apparently nowadays quean means:
  • an impudent or badly behaved girl or woman.
  • a prostitute.

Etymologically the word derives from the old english "cwene" meaning "woman", and from the dutch "kween" meaning "barren cow". Huh. The more you learn.

Make of it what you will :LOL:
It was kinda of a joke...but I actually didn't knew that quean was an actual word... thanks for the info :D

1632848905903.png

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Just played the newest update which came out today. Writing quality, character and story is top again. It has some very creative ideas I haven't seen in other games. Also renders don't have this strong shadows anymore. Update is also really big. Similar to the first one. Took me nearly 3 hours to play. Game definitely deserves more Patreon support than he got so far.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I don´t doubt the update being good but I call serious BS on "nearly 3 hours", c´mon now
It might depend on how fast you read (or skip text) and if you try different paths. It's of similar size to chapter 1 and I'd say one playthrough it's around 1h of playtime. But I've read some players saying that it took them longer.

----

Regarding the update: out of respect to my patrons to whom I promised to give acess to the game before making it available to the public for free, I won't be sharing it here myself.

But I also cannot do anything to stop any uploader to put the game here even if I wanted, which I don't. It will just depend on how long it takes for someone to leak it.

A lot has been said if piracy helps or hurts developers, but I'm way too small to worry about such things. This update was a lot of work, and I just want to have a lot of people playing it.

One thing that is not often said is how incredibly useful is all the feedback one gets from this site. This is by far the place where I got more engagement, and whose players gave me more feedback, praise, points to improve, kind words, etc.

All of that is a HUGE help to make the game better, to find my blind spots and where I can improve, and to keep my motivation high. Thank you to everyone that posted here and shared his opinion, and I hope you enjoy this update when you get a chance to play it.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
It might depend on how fast you read (or skip text) and if you try different paths. It's of similar size to chapter 1 and I'd say one playthrough it's around 1h of playtime. But I've read some players saying that it took them longer.

----

Regarding the update: out of respect to my patrons to whom I promised to give acess to the game before making it available to the public for free, I won't be sharing it here myself.

But I also cannot do anything to stop any uploader to put the game here even if I wanted, which I don't. It will just depend on how long it takes for someone to leak it.

A lot has been said if piracy helps or hurts developers, but I'm way too small to worry about such things. This update was a lot of work, and I just want to have a lot of people playing it.

One thing that is not often said is how incredibly useful is all the feedback one gets from this site. This is by far the place where I got more engagement, and whose players gave me more feedback, praise, points to improve, kind words, etc.

All of that is a HUGE help to make the game better, to find my blind spots and where I can improve, and to keep my motivation high. Thank you to everyone that posted here and shared his opinion, and I hope you enjoy this update when you get a chance to play it.
Yeah, about an hour seems about right, give or take..

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, about an hour seems about right, give or take..
Well I tried out different outcomes and really read everything. I also read the profiles and checked the various menus. Imho only people who skip or simply click through some dialogues would get through in an hour. 2+ hours is definitely the time, many people who are actually invested in the characters and story would take.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Well I tried out different outcomes and really read everything. I also read the profiles and checked the various menus. Imho only people who skip or simply click through some dialogues would get through in an hour. 2+ hours is definitely the time, many people who are actually invested in the characters and story would take.
Yup, what you´re describing is more like a bug hunting run, not a playthrough, that´s a very misleading way to present a content update to potential patreons. You could potentially cause a lot more grief then enthusiasm which would be a disservice..

Full disclosure, I´m a fan of this project and been a patreon since the day the 0.1 got uploaded here, which is why I frown upon misrepresentation since it does the future of the project no good whatsoever.. #mytwocents

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Frosty2000

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Yup, what you´re describing is more like a bug hunting run, not a playthrough, that´s a very misleading way to present a content update to potential patreons.
I also tend to be careful to not overstate anything too much and instead let players be pleasantly surprised (and I still make mistakes like a couple of delays regarding the release date).

But it really depends on how you play the game. I was surprised to know that, even on chapter 1, some players also reported playtimes of around 3h, when I had estimated it would take like 1h. For example:

View attachment 1286046

Thats a really cool idea!
And from a review:
For the first release you got a lot of gametime to play it. I played it now for about 3 hours with some pause to smoke.
And they weren't bug chasing, although I suspect that they might have done more than one playthrough.

Out of curiosity, if you want, let me know how long it took you. I actually find it a bit hard to estimate playtimes myself because I already know all the text and read it very fast while playtesting (and then miss a bunch of typos...). Getting few more data points is always interesting and helpful.

Anyway, the important part is that you guys that supported the game since the very beginning like the update and think it's big enough to justify the roughly 3.5 months it took to develop.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
And they weren't bug chasing, although I suspect that they might have done more than one playthrough.
I think I took (much) more than 1 hour (initial release) too. I was reading everything, replayed some scenes (especially the final one to have few saves if a certain action in the last scene will lock me on or out of some routes), I spent too much time looking at the skill tree and devising a plan of leveling up and I took some time to look closely at chess games, cause I like chess.

After I'll finish Detroit Become Human (that I finally started to play [numerous playthroughs too of course]) I'm gonna head back into this one and pledge on Patreon. I'll be happy if I'll have approx. the same amount of game as with the 1st release (and jugding by some comments [I'm writing this as someone focusing on femdom content] I'll be doing 2-3 playthroughs).

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Out of curiosity, if you want, let me know how long it took you. I actually find it a bit hard to estimate playtimes myself because I already know all the text and read it very fast while playtesting (and then miss a bunch of typos...). Getting few more data points is always interesting and helpful.

Anyway, the important part is that you guys that supported the game since the very beginning like the update and think it's big enough to justify the roughly 3.5 months it took to develop.
I will once I get around to playing the update :)

Unfortunately no update will ever be "big enough" to warrant 3-4 months dev cycles.. :/
But that really is beside the point since you should and will take the time you need, it´s your project so only you can decide. Just as we decide for ourselves if we want to support or not.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Unfortunately no update will ever be "big enough" to warrant 3-4 months dev cycles.. :/
But that really is beside the point since you should and will take the time you need, it´s your project so only you can decide. Just as we decide for ourselves if we want to support or not.
Believe me, development cycle time has been on my mind since the very beginning. The truth is, if a dev wants to have a popular game, there's a lot of "pressure" to release more frequent updates:

1) you constantly see people saying they won't play a game before it's at least on the 0.3 release. Or saying "I'll wait a few more updates to see that you're serious before checking your patreon".

2) games are found by players only while they are at the top of the newest released updates. Threads like this are quite active for a couple weeks, and then become completely dead until the game is updated again

3) I don't think players take playtime (much) into consideration when appreciating a game. When my 1st chapter was released I had that reviewer cited above giving the game 5 starts and mentioning 3h of playtime. Meanwhile, another game released at the same time also got a 5 starts review mentioning 20mins of playtime.

4) Players forget about the game, characters, and story after 3/4 months. Supporters might also get upset.

I could have divided the story differently and instead of releasing just 1 update after 3 months with 1h-2h of content, already have released 3 updates with 20-30 mins of content each. I would certainly have gotten more exposured. But I think the story would get too fragmented and hurt by that. I couldn't find better points to make breaks in the story.

Since I have a day job and don't rely on income or popularity from this game, I said fuck it and finished the update when I thought it was a good point to stop the story (and I wanted this chapter to be shorter and be released earlier, but the motherfucker just kept growing).

I think updates of this size are better for the game (and ultimately better on the long term), but I know that it doesn't help me in the short term.

And it won't get better. As more branching narrative start to take place, development times will only get higher. Between: 1) frequent updates; 2) a braching narrative with impactfull choices; and 3) same playtime per update in a single playthrough; I can only pick 2.

I'm not here to fool or trick anyone. I'm considering trying to decrease chapter sizes a bit (if nothing else, it would make it easier to playtest and proofread), but 3 months or more will probably be the frequency of updates going forward.

Just putting this out here so we are all on the same page and you have more information to make any decision about supporting this game or not. I don't have many supporters, and have even less supporters that were there since day 1 like you. The last thing I want is for you guys to be disappointed/unsatisfied/feeling like I lied to you or something of that sort.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Yup, what you´re describing is more like a bug hunting run, not a playthrough, that´s a very misleading way to present a content update to potential patreons. You could potentially cause a lot more grief then enthusiasm which would be a disservice..

Full disclosure, I´m a fan of this project and been a patreon since the day the 0.1 got uploaded here, which is why I frown upon misrepresentation since it does the future of the project no good whatsoever.. #mytwocents
Well I see where you are coming from. Still that's the way I play all games I really enjoy. Karlsson's Gambit, Estate Dominate or ToT all took me a while to get through, while other games I skip through small talk stuff. But yeah, let's simply say the update has a range from 1-3 hours depending on your playstyle. Can't go wrong with that. ;)

jufot

May 15, 2021
MrSilverLust well done on a brilliant first chapter! I've left a review and subscribed to your Patreon :) By the way, it should be bishop on b7, not b2 here.

I'll update my review in a bit now that I have access to chapter 2.

1634415627821.png

4.60 star(s) 162 Votes