Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Why are we forced to lose the volleyball game? Like am I the odd one out in thinking that just ruins the fun and mojo of the story?

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
Bug report: there's a mistake in the analysis portion of the chess match where Jen makes GM.

On the left-side board the black king is on c3 and the white queen has just moved from a2 to a3 to attack it. Dialog says:
"GM Daniel Nikolaev: The white queen continues harassing the black king on b2."
This is odd text because at this point the black king *isn't* on b2, it's on c3. (there isn't anything on b2), but it gets worse...

queen moves.jpg

Next screen shows the black king moving from c3 to d3 with this dialog:
"GM Daniel Nikolaev: The king moves once again."
ERROR: The place the king has just moved TO - d3 - is STILL IN CHECK from the queen at a3. Moving from c3 to d3 was an invalid move but the chess commenters don't seem to realize this; the game analysis continues a few more moves in this invalid status.

king moves.jpg

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
DragonSlapper Thanks for identifying the chess sequence error. I'm almost up to that part of the proofreading and will double check and fix (if MrSL doesn't get there first!)

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
On the left-side board the black king is on c3 and the white queen has just moved from a2 to a3 to attack it. Dialog says:
"GM Daniel Nikolaev: The white queen continues harassing the black king on b2."
I'm almost up to that part of the proofreading and will double check and fix (if MrSL doesn't get there first!)
It's a coding error, the text is correct (well, maybe appart from some grammatical mistake). The Queen was supposed to move to b2 (not a3!). Then, kd3 is the only way to escape check... but lines up the black king in front of the queen and bf1 is crushing.

Jul 16, 2021
I just finished chapter 6 and it was certainly great! I feel like MrSilverLust must either have some knowledge of psychology or at the very least have done some extensive research on some psychological matters, because the stuff said in the game is usually spot on. This is coming from a psychology student. The inner monologues also hit a bit too close to home. And the topic of the research proposal is something I'm interested in myself. All of that makes this game really unique for me.

By the way, was there no Kim content in chapter 6? I literally didn't have a single scene with her, even though she seems to still have 3 locked gallery scenes for me (I don't remember if those were already there on ch 5). I play a sub character, in case that matters. But I find it very strange that she didn't show up at all.

There's always some other scenes locked, but that's just different paths. But I don't remember a girl straight up not featuring in a chapter at all. I feel it might be something on my end, I've played it with 0.6.1 and now there's 0.6.2 after all. Maybe it's a very strange bug?

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
Kim should have some scenes in the chapter if your on her path. Did you tell her to break up with Pete at the end of the chapter?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I just finished chapter 6 and it was certainly great! I feel like MrSilverLust must either have some knowledge of psychology or at the very least have done some extensive research on some psychological matters, because the stuff said in the game is usually spot on. This is coming from a psychology student. The inner monologues also hit a bit too close to home. And the topic of the research proposal is something I'm interested in myself. All of that makes this game really unique for me.

By the way, was there no Kim content in chapter 6? I literally didn't have a single scene with her, even though she seems to still have 3 locked gallery scenes for me (I don't remember if those were already there on ch 5). I play a sub character, in case that matters. But I find it very strange that she didn't show up at all.

There's always some other scenes locked, but that's just different paths. But I don't remember a girl straight up not featuring in a chapter at all. I feel it might be something on my end, I've played it with 0.6.1 and now there's 0.6.2 after all. Maybe it's a very strange bug?
There are definitely Kim scenes in Ch 6. I'll put the details in a spoiler block:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: EndlessNights
Jul 16, 2021
There are definitely Kim scenes in Ch 6. I'll put the details in a spoiler block:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh, you mean the message that said "if you stop cheating on Pete, I'll tell you what happened in my last job"? If it's that, I think I chose not to put myself at her mercy by doing that. So I should reload from there and choose the other option to be on Kim's sub path?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh, you mean the message that said "if you stop cheating on Pete, I'll tell you what happened in my last job"? If it's that, I think I chose not to put myself at her mercy by doing that. So I should reload from there and choose the other option to be on Kim's sub path?
Yes, that's the way to keep going on that relationship path with Kim.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes