Dec 24, 2018
Didn't expect to see a chess reference in these games, was going to wait until a new update dropped before I started this one, but seems like I'll have to play it now.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
What do you guys think about this? Is this better/clearer?

This doesn’t affect your saves. Except for metagaming reasons, in case you want to go for a different strategy and start anew with more points in some category. That’s the downside of changing this much, but I feel that this is necessary. And it’s still relatively early in the game. In case you really want to start a new save, it’s not that big of an issue, I think. The “Bull” skill is now more expensive, but people that already bought it in older saves get to keep it for the original price.
I didn't have a problem with the old system, but these changes seem to be reasonable. If this wouldn't cause too much work I wouldn't have an argument against it.

Reactions: darlic and jufot

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
What do you guys think about this? Is this better/clearer?
I didn't have that much of a problem with the old system but I do like the changes you are making especially to the cunning tree. The whole manipulation,blackmail and corruption skills made me just completely ignore the entire tree so I like the changes you have made there.

One thing I could suggest if it is possible is make it more clear that some skills don't require the earlier ones to unlock. For example in the reworked tree the asshole skill is not required to get the humiliation and degradation skills. I didn't notice that till Frosty mentioned it.

Maybe it would be worth changing the color of the line showing the linked skills to black or dark grey just so it's more clear they are linked.

Reactions: Mister_M

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
currently how many chapters ur game have and if I guess girls kink right in the quiz and I don't have that skill will I be able to play that kink scene or not? for eg, one girl has an exhibitionist kink and I don't have that skill will I be able to play that kink in that scene or not and if I unlock that skill later in-game will I be able to play that kink scene with that character later in-game? MrSilverLust
There are 2 chapter as of now. If you don’t have a skill you can’t play a kinky scene. And, no you can’t go back to play that scene after you get the skill. However, you will still be able to see other, new scenes with her in the future.

One thing I could suggest if it is possible is make it more clear that some skills don't require the earlier ones to unlock.

Maybe it would be worth changing the color of the line showing the linked skills to black or dark grey just so it's more clear they are linked.
Yeah, I noticed Mister_M also making that mistake, so something can be improved for sure. I followed your suggestion to make the lines more visible, and also added another info panel to better explain all the rules.

skills-6.png skills-7.png

Even before all this talk about the skill system started, I already had some ideas for a "new game +" mode where players could experience the game differently. I thought about only introducing this a few chapters down the line, when there is more content, to enhance replayability.

But this discussion made me realize that maybe these new game + modes wouldn’t only be useful for replayability, but also to allow players on how to experience the game on their first playthrough.

In the next update, these 3 new modes will be available when you start a new game:

new_game_plus.png

I want everyone to first experience the Normal Mode, so this Menu will only be unlocked once a player finishes a chapter. At that point, any player already understands the system and, in their next new game, can decide if they want to experiment any of the other modes.

Personally, I don’t care much for the cheat modes, but I think the Blind Mode is interesting. After some testing, I think that not knowing what points a choice gives and how many points you have can really change the way we play the game, and help pick the choices more naturally, without so much metagaming.

And these are all the changes regarding this topic. Now I need to work on chapter 3 :)
Thank you all for the feedback!

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
There are 2 chapter as of now. If you don’t have a skill you can’t play a kinky scene. And, no you can’t go back to play that scene after you get the skill. However, you will still be able to see other, new scenes with her in the future.

Yeah, I noticed Mister_M also making that mistake, so something can be improved for sure. I followed your suggestion to make the lines more visible, and also added another info panel to better explain all the rules.

View attachment 1487522 View attachment 1487523

Even before all this talk about the skill system started, I already had some ideas for a "new game +" mode where players could experience the game differently. I thought about only introducing this a few chapters down the line, when there is more content, to enhance replayability.

But this discussion made me realize that maybe these new game + modes wouldn’t only be useful for replayability, but also to allow players on how to experience the game on their first playthrough.

In the next update, these 3 new modes will be available when you start a new game:

View attachment 1487521

I want everyone to first experience the Normal Mode, so this Menu will only be unlocked once a player finishes a chapter. At that point, any player already understands the system and, in their next new game, can decide if they want to experiment any of the other modes.

Personally, I don’t care much for the cheat modes, but I think the Blind Mode is interesting. After some testing, I think that not knowing what points a choice gives and how many points you have can really change the way we play the game, and help pick the choices more naturally, without so much metagaming.

And these are all the changes regarding this topic. Now I need to work on chapter 3 :)
I like the different modes, but I don't like that they'll be locked at the start.

Especially the blind mode, but if it's only on 2nd PT you know the answers... And since you have to unlock kinks in the kink tree, you still know how many points you get if you look at it.

I joined a screenshot of the tree at the end of my PT.

To unlock the "bottom" kink (Deb scene), I had to take "sex fantasy" because 2 kinks were required but it's not been used yet. At least the required kink "just lay there" was used with Emma. I think I won't have enough points to continue on that path without cheating or choosing specifically sensitive answers for while.

To get the 2nd exhibitionism scene with Lea (removes her panties in the park) I had to take exhibitionism in honorable tree, but I had not enough points (so I cheated). I don't think that's very coherent, because you start with the manipulation in the cunning tree. I want to play a manipulative jerk backed by his shrink background, so I don't choose often the honorable answers...

I see the intent behind it but I don't think it works well as is. Nice attempt though, but it will need more iterations. Personally I don't like being cockblocked by the system and not really my choices.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
But going back to the skill system. There has been lots of good feedback here. Reading your comments I identified the biggest problems as:

1) Seemingly little content for players that want to be a good and caring guy, but not submissive. Basically a caring dom. They might identify with many sensitive answers, but see no benefit whatsoever in picking those. This is, to some extent, also present in the reverse for sub players.
Well, I don't like being submissive or dominant.

I must say that having seen the hardcore skills, I would only be interested in acquiring Free Use and Loyal. I'm not interested in any of the rest (and I certainly won't, I have no intention of watching any of the scenes from the rest of the hard skills described).

Of the intermediate skills I would only be interested in Romance, Seducction, Sex in Public and Aftercare.

Vanilla skills would be Teasing, Power / strength, silver tongue, sweetness, Pleasing, Exhibitionist and Trustworthly

The rest of the skills don't appeal to me at all.

View attachment 1487521

Of the special game modes I would only be interested in the relax mode. The blind mode doesn't appeal me at all.

In any case, since I never play a second time, I'm not going to try any of them either.

jufot

May 15, 2021

Sounds like a great plan. I imagine Normal Mode will provide the most authentic, grounded experience, but the rest should help anyone who just want to explore different lewd scenarios.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
That's a much better improvement and it's much clearer now and the explanation is good as well to explain the rules.

As for the different game modes they are fine if it's not too much of an issue for you to manage. I personally will probably just stick with normal mode but I suppose there is nothing wrong with giving people more options who otherwise wouldn't try the game.

Reactions: Mister_M

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Unlike other people, I prefer that the game is the one that names the MC. As before starting this one, I was playing another game whose MC is named Bryan, I have put the same name on this one.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018

View attachment 1487522 View attachment 1487523

View attachment 1487521

I like the blind mode. I think I'll be playing it 1st for better immersion (and better appreciation of the game) and then replay the chapter on normal. And yeah, I didn't notice asshole is not required, but I wrote my post shorlty before going to sleep, so my cognitive abilities were not at my best then. Anyway, I like all the changes and can't wait for the next chapter!

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I like the different modes, but I don't like that they'll be locked at the start.

Especially the blind mode, but if it's only on 2nd PT you know the answers... And since you have to unlock kinks in the kink tree, you still know how many points you get if you look at it.
Imagine you’re a new player. You start the game for the first time and see that menu. You don’t know:

What are skills, what are personality points, how the choices are labeled, how many points a choice gives, what skills there are and their price, how are the lewd scenes locked behind skills, etc.

How are you supposed to know which mode you’ll want to play?

That’s why it is only unlocked after you finish chapter 1. You can, for example, start anew and play the rest of the game blind if you wish. You won’t know any of the content of the remaining chapters.

Also, in the blind mode, both the skill and profile menu don’t show the points anymore so you can’t easily tell how many you have, or how many points a choice gave:

blind.png

I don't think that's very coherent, because you start with the manipulation in the cunning tree. I want to play a manipulative jerk backed by his shrink background, so I don't choose often the honorable answers...
I think it is coherent because Lea is shown as an innocent girl exploring her new kink for the first time. She needs someone she trusts to open up and explore her kink with. You can get some out of it her by using your cunning abilities (she did send you a semi-nude pic), but not all of it.

I see the intent behind it but I don't think it works well as is. Nice attempt though, but it will need more iterations. Personally I don't like being cockblocked by the system and not really my choices.
You were blocked by your choices though. Who else picked the choices you made? By the end of chapter 2 you could have got at maximum around 120 honorable points. You needed only 20 to get that scene. That’s 4 choices of 5 points. You didn’t pick them, Lea doesn’t trust you, you don’t see her scene. That's howthe game is balanced.

Would you feel better if it was like the other games? Instead of 20 honorable points, you'd needed 4 Lea points. Instead of cheating in 5 seconds, you would pick a walkthrough and replay the whole chapter to find the right answers.

With the usually system present in most games, by picking the wrong choices for her path by being a “manipulative jerk backed by his shrink background” you'd be locked of her path. How is that any different/ better that what is being done here? Do you want to see all the scenes no matter your choices? Is that the other game would just continue without showing there was a lewd scene to begin with if you had made different choices, and you wouldn't know you were missing some content? I can see that point.

But you telling me you were cockblocked for something else than your choices I don't get it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Having read your comments here I've developed a deep respect for your commitment and effort to improve your game. So I'm not taking a cheap shot here, but it's unsurprising you don't care for the "cheat modes" and find the blind mode interesting. You're developing the system. You understand it at an intuitive level. You also know the detailed inner workings of the plot, the personalities of all the women, and the consequences of any player choice. These are all factors that you can't set aside.

With all due respect, you can not experience the game like the overwhelming majority of the rest of us. There will be a minority of players, who given enough time, will eventually approach your grasp of the game and enjoy a playing experience similar to yours. They will probably find blind mode fascinating too, the rest of us probably not so much. I'm not suggesting that blind mode is a bad idea, I think it will prove a welcome addition for some players. I merely want to caution you to appreciate that viewing the other modes as cheating might cause you to minimize their effectiveness in making the playing experience enjoyable for more casual players, who are likely to comprise the majority.

I also think that denying players access to the alternatives to normal mode until they've had to play through a chapter, suggests that you are not providing enough context to new players. The cheat mod is popular for a reason. Perhaps consider a tutorial to allow players to gain the familiarity that you expect them to gain by having no alternative to normal mode at the beginning.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
(...) but it's unsurprising you don't care for the "cheat modes" and find the blind mode interesting. You're developing the system. You understand it at an intuitive level. You also know the detailed inner workings of the plot, the personalities of all the women, and the consequences of any player choice. These are all factors that you can't set aside.
(...)
You make some good points.

I had an idea. Maybe I shouldn’t think about these options in terms of new modes. This could just be a difficult setting you can toggle on and off from the skills menu, as you want. You could even combine them. For example, play on blind mode for further immersion, but get double of the points, just to diminish the chance of getting cockblocked from some scene. The coding is all there already, this is easy to do.

Reactions: Skylaroo

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

I had an idea. Maybe I shouldn’t think about these options in terms of new modes. This could just be a difficult setting you can toggle on and off from the skills menu, as you want. You could even combine them. For example, play on blind mode for further immersion, but get double of the points, just to diminish the chance of getting cockblocked from some scene. The coding is all there already, this is easy to do.
Yeah it's like choosing a difficulty mode, you don't really know how it's balanced by the dev even though you have a little description of the difficulty. If it's not right for you, you restart with another one.

And I think your descriptions are enough to make a choice, maybe put the "normal mode" on top of the list instead of on the right of the screen

Would you feel better if it was like the other games? Instead of 20 honorable points, you'd needed 4 Lea points. Instead of cheating in 5 seconds, you would pick a walkthrough and replay the whole chapter to find the right answers.
Maybe yes. For ex I can be honorable with any girls except Lea, but I could still pick the exhibitionism and get her scene

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Imagine you’re a new player. You start the game for the first time and see that menu. You don’t know:

What are skills, what are personality points, how the choices are labeled, how many points a choice gives, what skills there are and their price, how are the lewd scenes locked behind skills, etc.

How are you supposed to know which mode you’ll want to play?

That’s why it is only unlocked after you finish chapter 1. You can, for example, start anew and play the rest of the game blind if you wish. You won’t know any of the content of the remaining chapters.

Also, in the blind mode, both the skill and profile menu don’t show the points anymore so you can’t easily tell how many you have, or how many points a choice gave:

View attachment 1487668
Well, I have started the game, and certainly, except for some answers, in general it's clear in almost all cases which is the answer that I like and is the one that I choose. I'm not looking too closely at what points I earn.

I have a question that interests me. Even if you have enough points to see a scene, can you decide not to do it anyway?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

I think that is a very interesting idea to explore. Given the intricacies of the system you're building, balancing all the interactions, I think, will prove very challenging. I always need to remind myself that all of this is in development. Can't expect it not to have growing pains as you evolve it.

4.60 star(s) 162 Votes