erkper

May 16, 2018
Kinderfeld - love the Halloween special, awesome work as always! (Haven't played Ch 9 yet, more awesomeness to come. :))

One minor bug/inconsistency in the Halloween special - I told Rodney off instead of punching him, but when we got back to the apartment Jack says he needs to ice his hand. Wouldn't that only apply if he suckerpunched the guy?

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Another transition update. Nice but dark. Is the school the best place to go? I just wonder. We will wait and see.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Oh and @Kinderfeld , based on my reaction when I saw the update was available (Full-on handflapping fangirl squeeing!), you've earned a spot in my Favorite Games folder (along with such worthies as: Alexandra, Haley's Story, Being a DIK and Midlife Crisis to name a few). Congratulations.
Always great to hear! Thanks.
Kinderfeld - love the Halloween special, awesome work as always! (Haven't played Ch 9 yet, more awesomeness to come. :))

One minor bug/inconsistency in the Halloween special - I told Rodney off instead of punching him, but when we got back to the apartment Jack says he needs to ice his hand. Wouldn't that only apply if he suckerpunched the guy?
Thanks for the bug report. It was a missing tag that I've already fixed and will be in the next update. Sorry for the error.

Reactions: erkper

realaccount9

Jun 14, 2018
Hey, chapter 9 won't load for me? I get to the part where they all get in the car, then it says "Chapter End" and the game then goes back to the title screen?

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Hey, chapter 9 won't load for me? I get to the part where they all get in the car, then it says "Chapter End" and the game then goes back to the title screen?
Are you using a walkthrough mod and is it updated? Because that tends to usually be a thing with Ren'py VNs.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Thanks for the bug report. It was a missing tag that I've already fixed and will be in the next update. Sorry for the error.
Any time. The fact this is the only bug I can remember from any of your releases (and this was really, really minor) speaks worlds of your quality control and attention to detail. Yet one more feature of your work I appreciate.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Kinderfeld Small bug, doesn't affect play, but... Naomi's father is named "Television" in the game, lol.

screenshot0001.png

EDIT: Actually.... that's the walkthrough mod doing that. Never mind, I'll alert Zoey Raven here.
Line 16 and line 27 of script.rpy have duplicate variable definitions:

16: define t = Character("Ted", color="#70c72c")
27: define t = Character("Television", color="#b3b3b3")

I changed the second instance to "Ted" and that fixed it. Not sure if deleting the line would cause an error so I just left it in there.

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Kinderfeld Small bug, doesn't affect play, but... Naomi's father is named "Television" in the game, lol.
And that's what happens when I merge the Halloween Special and the main game together. Thanks for the report. I'll fix it in the main game.
EDIT: Actually.... I wonder if that's the walkthrough mod doing that?
No, it's in the game. I used the same shorthand code for the Television broadcast in the Halloween Special that I used for Ted, so when I moved those files and that code into the main game, it saw both and chose the last one added.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Deggy

RayJefferson

Mar 4, 2018
For the bug with Raven's mod, I reloaded a save before entering the parking lot in chapter 8 .
Nice update, very calm eager to see the rest, and above all a little exploration in this world.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
And that's what happens when I merge the Halloween Special and the main game together. Thanks for the report. I'll fix it in the main game.

No, it's in the game. I used the same shorthand code for the Television broadcast in the Halloween Special that I used for Ted, so when I moved those files and that code into the main game, it saw both and chose the last one added.
Just wanted to clarify it was not me.
Here is what I have defined.
1602545763166.png
Apart from the last 4 which I define for the mod, the rest is your code.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Here is what I have defined.
View attachment 855578
Apart from the last 4 which I define for the mod, the rest is your code.
Oh, you're totally in the clear. This one's all me. I've been playing it fast and loose and not double-checking the defines bit me this time.

And frankly, I wouldn't think it was you ever. Your stuff is aces!

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Sat through the whole thing for something like maybe four hours without stopping.
Got to be honest, as much as I hate all the death related shit, drama, constant tension, fear of the unknown and all those negative situations, that can't be dealt with right away with a positive outcome, I still enjoyed myself quite a bit, writer have done a really great job.
Did a number on me, though, really need something strong to drink...

Decent writing, lovely models, characters don't feel bland(at least I got really invested in their feelings and well being and I'm interested to know more about them), hot sex scenes and in my opinion just the right build up with sex stuff.

Still, can't help myself but think about grim stuff, that might await the characters and player in the future, but I don't think it can be any different in stories with that kind of setup/atmosphere.
Yup, gonna go grab a drink now.

Well done, developer, wish them the best and good luck with the project.
And thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
BTW - Freaking awesome update. I can see where the game is going - and all my joking aside from my previous post about the MC being along, I am ready for where you are taking this train.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
So, first off love the game. I agree with above that it ranks well with WVM, haley, Alexandra, even My New Family. One question, how can I find my relationship status with the 2 girls?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hey Zoey Raven. Quick question about the walkthrough mod:

When MC and Naomi are on the school roof, wouldn't the better option be to pull her in for a hug?

Thanks for all your work!
Not according to the script:

"Pull her in for a hug.":
$ naomi_nerve -= 1
scene c009_s008_036 with Dissolve(0.5)
j "Yeah, you've got Carol and me. Don't you forget that."
scene c009_s008_037 with Dissolve(0.5)
n "Oh, I won't. It means a lot, especially right now."
scene c009_s008_038
j "Good. Why don't we take a seat?"

But, I see your point and Zoey's on which is better.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, apologies, my bad. Your mod is a single "script.rpy" file which the game does not have, so I assumed the file was all yours, not simply an edit of the original script file (which is an .rpa file in the original game if I've understood correctly?)

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes