Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Hey Zoey Raven. Quick question about the walkthrough mod:

When MC and Naomi are on the school roof, wouldn't the better option be to pull her in for a hug?

Thanks for all your work!
Give me a screenshot of the code. I work on 90+ games and in all honest don't remember that scene, if I chose something it was for a good reason. I only had time to skip test this episode. but you gotta give me lines of code if you want me to answer something like that.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Not according to the script:

"Pull her in for a hug.":
$ naomi_nerve -= 1
scene c009_s008_036 with Dissolve(0.5)
j "Yeah, you've got Carol and me. Don't you forget that."
scene c009_s008_037 with Dissolve(0.5)
n "Oh, I won't. It means a lot, especially right now."
scene c009_s008_038
j "Good. Why don't we take a seat?"

But, I see your point and Zoey's on which is better.
Didn't see this, but this would have been why I made that choice. Trust me unless I made a mistake I gave you the right answers every time. even if it doesn't seem that way. I do this from code.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Didn't see this, but this would have been why I made that choice. Trust me unless I made a mistake I gave you the right answers every time. even if it doesn't seem that way. I do this from code.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"Pull her in for a hug." is the better choice because it lowers Naomi's nerve variable, but the mod marks "Let's sit down for a bit." in green. Both options fall out to the same continuing block of code (i.e. no branching).

Reactions: erkper and Donettes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

"Pull her in for a hug." is the better choice because it lowers Naomi's nerve variable, but the mod marks "Let's sit down for a bit." in green. Both options fall out to the same continuing block of code (i.e. no branching).
Need to remember that all modders look for the += and make their determinations by that. I agree that in this case lowering the nervousness is the better choice.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

Here's the deal with this mod and most of my mods. I pick the choice I like better. Since you are studying the code. You might have noticed I mod for whatever the scene requirements are. If you read the original mod post it says patrons voted on a "Harem" mod. So that's what I'm making. This is no different than when people complained that I gave freedom of choice on giving Carol three orgasm. All you students of others work, probably didn't even notice I gave the love point anyway at the beginning of the next chapter. Honestly, and I truly believe this. If you don't want to use the mod don't use the mod. If you think you can create better content. Then go do it yourself. Responding to stuff like this just wastes time I can actually be using to do more projects. So, like I said if you are so astute at python code, you should have realized you haven't missed a scene or important dialogue yet in the game. Thank you. I do this for the community not the critics.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Need to remember that all modders look for the += and make their determinations by that. I agree that in this case lowering the nervousness is the better choice.
I look for what choices I like the best and mod according. No as I said in the other post. Now one is forcing you to use it, and those points won't mean anything anyway, because if you are using the mod you will see all scene regardless. Have a nice day.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I look for what choices I like the best and mod according. No as I said in the other post. Now one is forcing you to use it, and those points won't mean anything anyway, because if you are using the mod you will see all scene regardless. Have a nice day.
Why so hostile? I'm not judging your work at all. I think your mods are the best. Anyway, I'll just drop it. If you feel offended over what I've said, that wasn't my intention.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
It's got nothing to do with harem or not. The variable naomi_nerve tracks how scared and nervous she is. Lowering it is an objectively better choice!
You are missing the point. I get what is needed to meet scene requirements, so it objectively don't matter. Here is an example of there you can only get a Carol Trust point if you also get a nerve point. It's never really been clearly defined.
1602570203114.png

Alderon55

Jan 11, 2019
This is a great game. I'm not usually a big fan of the Honey Select(?) models but this dev makes it work through excellent character development and writing. When you eventually get to the sex scenes, you're totally invested and that makes them more meaningful and arousing. 10/10

Donettes

Apr 30, 2017
You are missing the point. I get what is needed to meet scene requirements, so it objectively don't matter. Here is an example of there you can only get a Carol Trust point if you also get a nerve point. It's never really been clearly defined.
View attachment 855852
But in this example the important thing is the trust point even if it means that Carol also adds a nerve point. Trust is key with Carol. Reading the walkthrough, in this chapter there is a branch (trust<4) where she hates the MC presence for not being sincere with her through the story (besides not getting the h-scene of the chapter). What I mean is that in the game nerve points are obtained as an extra to a decision that adds a trust/love point, or because it's better to gain a nerve point than to lose a trust/love point. But if there is an option that allows you to lower a nerve point without any consequence, why not choose it?
And like Wolf Plays™ said, I'm not criticizing the great work you've done here and in other games, I'm just giving my opinion about a doubt that has come in the thread (and that in the "original" walkthrough is selected as "Choice with most positive outcome").

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Zoey Raven really sorry to have started this shit storm. I was curious because I guess I really just wanted to hug the poor girl.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Trojan inside .rar
No there is not, that's a false positive due to python code. Ask anyone around here. Your antivirus checks 1000's of databases and a few will turn in false positives. If you are going to use mods get used to it. Is the best thing I can say. Allow it, all it is is a script file. Do you really think all these people who have liked the mod and all my other mods would be using them if they really had trojans in them?

But in this example the important thing is the trust point even if it means that Carol also adds a nerve point. Trust is key with Carol. Reading the walkthrough, in this chapter there is a branch (trust<4) where she hates the MC presence for not being sincere with her through the story (besides not getting the h-scene of the chapter). What I mean is that in the game nerve points are obtained as an extra to a decision that adds a trust/love point, or because it's better to gain a nerve point than to lose a trust/love point. But if there is an option that allows you to lower a nerve point without any consequence, why not choose it?
And like Wolf Plays™ said, I'm not criticizing the great work you've done here and in other games, I'm just giving my opinion about a doubt that has come in the thread (and that in the "original" walkthrough is selected as "Choice with most positive outcome").
I can't get you guys to understand it doesn't matter. I code in the ability to view every scene. I pick the dialogues I like the best and highlight them. If you don't like them pick another you will get the same result. You will still see every scene.

Zoey Raven really sorry to have started this shit storm. I was curious because I guess I really just wanted to hug the poor girl.
And you can, you will get the same result.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes