• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
idgaf if the dev comments here or not, but the game is not even behind a paywall so stop with the pirate stuff

Reactions: a1fox3

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I honestly think that this last 0.16 update was pretty damn good.

I really don't understand the complaints.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, guys: you wanted a claustrophobic world where there are no males except the MC because all the vaginas MUST be yours, and YOU GOT IT. Literally.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Personally, I don't even think the fact that Sydney stayed is the biggest problem for some, but how it happened. Then there is the camp with the female expolicemen and ex-military women. The plot doesn't tell us what happened to the men: that suggests that all the men in the units perished (either at the hands of the infected or the ex-military women) or became marauding rapists, like the knuckleheads who raided the school.

While I don't think it's outlandish from a historical point of view alone that something like that happens, keyword Atilla or also in (world) wars what happened to the civilian population, at least I find it a bit thick that the female members get rid of all good colleagues. So far, it can be assumed that the society in this scenario will not recover from the events and the old status quo is lost. How will the ladies keep their population stable without men? Sooner or later, the number of women passing through will certainly tend towards 0 and the camp will be left with an average age of about 60+.

As I said, I find it a bit thickly applied and 10-20% less would have been quite enough. That a man with three rather younger women travels through and can act very suspiciously I will not deny.

In the end, however, I think that an approach like the following would have been at least somewhat less controversial:
- The camp still exists, but men are allowed under certain circumstances.
- Sydney's family is here and alive (including the men).
- The camp needs Sydney from a medical point of view

What also seemed incongruous to some: our MC's old friend says, in essence, "Don't worry, nothing will happen to me. I have some friends here." The question is: Who makes the plans for the guard? If the man-haters in the camp are responsible for this and link the disappearance of their comrade to the MC, then it should be quite easy to get rid of this loose end. Just a guard plan with her and otherwise just others of the man-hater faction and a bullet in a vital spot. There are plenty of excuses to choose from, the two most believable:

1. marauders wanted to attack and shot her.
2. MC showed up and was able to persuade her to come along.

Considering the fact that the other residents also made the obvious excuses that all the men who came before him left, i.e. husbands, brothers, sons, etc., it is not unreasonable to assume that such a thing would also be accepted without discussion.

Reactions: isotope

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I find the female camp a weaker part compared to the rest of the story. The writer do as he pleases, but I can also give my opinion. For instance if you liked the last season of GoT, good for you but I didn't like it. In the end it is what it is

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Personally, I don't even think the fact that Sydney stayed is the biggest problem for some, but how it happened. Then there is the camp with the female expolicemen and ex-military women. The plot doesn't tell us what happened to the men: that suggests that all the men in the units perished (either at the hands of the infected or the ex-military women) or became marauding rapists, like the knuckleheads who raided the school.

While I don't think it's outlandish from a historical point of view alone that something like that happens, keyword Atilla or also in (world) wars what happened to the civilian population, at least I find it a bit thick that the female members get rid of all good colleagues. So far, it can be assumed that the society in this scenario will not recover from the events and the old status quo is lost. How will the ladies keep their population stable without men? Sooner or later, the number of women passing through will certainly tend towards 0 and the camp will be left with an average age of about 60+.

As I said, I find it a bit thickly applied and 10-20% less would have been quite enough. That a man with three rather younger women travels through and can act very suspiciously I will not deny.

In the end, however, I think that an approach like the following would have been at least somewhat less controversial:
- The camp still exists, but men are allowed under certain circumstances.
- Sydney's family is here and alive (including the men).
- The camp needs Sydney from a medical point of view

What also seemed incongruous to some: our MC's old friend says, in essence, "Don't worry, nothing will happen to me. I have some friends here." The question is: Who makes the plans for the guard? If the man-haters in the camp are responsible for this and link the disappearance of their comrade to the MC, then it should be quite easy to get rid of this loose end. Just a guard plan with her and otherwise just others of the man-hater faction and a bullet in a vital spot. There are plenty of excuses to choose from, the two most believable:

1. marauders wanted to attack and shot her.
2. MC showed up and was able to persuade her to come along.

Considering the fact that the other residents also made the obvious excuses that all the men who came before him left, i.e. husbands, brothers, sons, etc., it is not unreasonable to assume that such a thing would also be accepted without discussion.
What I got out of it was the ex-military women got rid of all the men then only took in women sending the men to the hotel where the "ex-military women" killed them.

There are children in the camp and at least 1 male child.
The ex-military women or there leader sounds like a crazy feminist who hates men and will train all the males into subs while they grow up, maybe even putting them in cells to keep them under the leaders control.

The way it sounds there more than 200 people in that camp.
That is a very large area so it could be well over 1000 in that camp to be able to protect that much area.

Having 5 women and 1 or 2 men go out on patrol and the 5 women kill of the men over time you have no more men.

There is many more ways than the one I suggest to get rid of the men.

This part of the game is nether here nor there and is left up to the imagination of the players.

I hated it that Sydney stayed there and wish she would have went with them, but I can see her point that her family may come to this area.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
What I got out of it was the ex-military women got rid of all the men then only took in women sending the men to the hotel where the "ex-military women" killed them.

There are children in the camp and at least 1 male child.
The ex-military women or there leader sounds like a crazy feminist who hates men and will train all the males into subs while they grow up, maybe even putting them in cells to keep them under the leaders control.

The way it sounds there more than 200 people in that camp.
That is a very large area so it could be well over 1000 in that camp to be able to protect that much area.

Having 5 women and 1 or 2 men go out on patrol and the 5 women kill of the men over time you have no more men.

There is many more ways than the one I suggest to get rid of the men.

This part of the game is nether here nor there and is left up to the imagination of the players.

I hated it that Sydney stayed there and wish she would have went with them, but I can see her point that her family may come to this area.
Julie states there are around 200 hundred people inside the place. I don't remember if it is said ingame how big is the area they ocupy.

The way Julie entered into contact with the military/cop women implies they were the ones actively searching for women and children to ingress into their community. So it is my guess that people like Carl and Allie, husband and wife who agreed to the community's rules are the exception not the rule of the place.

Also we are not privy on Merilee's group reasoning. But if i were to guess (again..hehe) i would say most of the male survivors in their units became like those college students: a bunch of rapists and killers. So after executing them they decided to better be safe than sorry.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Julie states there are around 200 hundred people inside the place. I don't remember if it is said ingame how big is the area they ocupy.

The way Julie entered into contact with the military/cop women implies they were the ones actively searching for women and children to ingress into their community. So it is my guess that people like Carl and Allie, husband and wife who agreed to the community's rules are the exception not the rule of the place.

Also we are not privy on Merilee's group reasoning. But if i were to guess (again..hehe) i would say most of the male survivors in their units became like those college students: a bunch of rapists and killers. So after executing them they decided to better be safe than sorry.
The killed Carl or do you not remember that?
The way it sounded there should have been many more men there but there is none.
There is no men in the camp so something went wrong and I blame the crazy feminist who hates men for it.
I am not total sure on this but I think Julie said that the other men all left or so she was told, but with Carl dead with 1 gunshot to the chest you can kinda see that it may have been the same for all the other men.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The killed Carl or do you not remember that?
The way it sounded there should have been many more men there but there is none.
There is no men in the camp so something went wrong and I blame the crazy feminist who hates men for it.
I am not total sure on this but I think Julie said that the other men all left or so she was told, but with Carl dead with 1 gunshot to the chest you can kinda see that it may have been the same for all the other men.
Julie only talks about Carl. She never mentions any other men being there.

And as i said it was Merilee's people who were going arond recruiting people early on (this is said by Julie). So it makes sense they focused on lone women or the ones with children.

If there were dozens of men starting to disappear outside people inside would have noticed something was wrong. Since Julie is surprised by what happened to Carl chances are that the marjority of women inside joined the community without having any men waiting for them outside.

Reactions: Real Kreten

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I hate this thinking because without F95 he probably wouldn't have any Patreons at all.
I follow Zoey Raven on her Patreon site and this was one of her recommendations ... so... F95 = not required for Patreon support. Can it help - sure, but to make the assertion that 'without F95 he probably wouldn't have any Patreons at all' is just bad logic - like trying to justify Not supporting a creator while continuing to take his/her work for free and saying he/she owed you timely responses/responses of any kind because you were kind enough to take their creation from a pirate site.

erkper

May 16, 2018
idgaf if the dev comments here or not, but the game is not even behind a paywall so stop with the pirate stuff
If you weren't complaining about the dev's choices then anything said was irrelevant to you. Those comments were directed specifically at someone complaining here that the dev (in their opinion) ghosted the site when something happened in the game they didn't like. And, you are commenting on a pirate site. Is that somehow not clear to you?

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Julie only talks about Carl. She never mentions any other men being there.

And as i said it was Merilee's people who were going arond recruiting people early on (this is said by Julie). So it makes sense they focused on lone women or the ones with children.

If there were dozens of men starting to disappear outside people inside would have noticed something was wrong. Since Julie is surprised by what happened to Carl chances are that the marjority of women inside joined the community without having any men waiting for them outside.
This is all they say about the other men. NowandThen 2021-06-14 16-13-13-03.jpg NowandThen 2021-06-14 16-20-12-31.jpg And we all know what happen to Carl and what was going to happen to MC.

You got a nice secure hotel and its next to the place the married women are that come out to visit, there should have been 10 to 30 men in the hotel but instead all they find is dead Carl with 1 gunshot to the chest.
With the one going after MC we know how the other men died.

MC and most other men are smart enough to set up a watch on the door instead of just leaving it wide open.
MC went around the school making is very secured and other men would have done the same with the hotel setting up watches for the front door.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This is all they say about the other men. View attachment 1246482 View attachment 1246483 And we all know what happen to Carl and what was going to happen to MC.

You got a nice secure hotel and its next to the place the married women are that come out to visit, there should have been 10 to 30 men in the hotel but instead all they find is dead Carl with 1 gunshot to the chest.
With the one going after MC we know how the other men died.

MC and most other men are smart enough to set up a watch on the door instead of just leaving it wide open.
MC went around the school making is very secured and other men would have done the same with the hotel setting up watches for the front door.
She literaly says only Carl is still there so far as she knows: "other men have stayed there". There is zero evidence supporting the idea that dozens of people stayed at the hotel at the same time. Had they been killing guys by the dozens people would have noticed already. Hell we can't even be sure Cassie was acting under orders or was just another lone crazy.

Is it not really that hard to believe a community made by women and for women would focus their recruitment efforts on said group.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Suspension of disbelief is a harsh taskmaster.
Simply put the scenario, when the women forge a camp only for women and children and kill off all the men who might have had history with the women with whom they served or the fathers, brothers and adult sons of the families in the compound, simply can not wash. Absolutely no possibility of that happening, without every single person in that encampment knowing exactly what is going on.

It's a plot device and not a subtle one. Of course the fire at the school was equally unsubtle. Over all this is a well written story. Far better than the vast majority here. Give the dev his due. He faces competing draws on his resources. The game needed to move on so he used the plot hammer. He could of danced around this for a couple updates and we'd all be hearing complaints about how slowly the story was moving.

His game. His choice. I support his right to decide. I also reserve the right to walk away if he makes a decision that I find ruins my enjoyment of his generally excellent game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
She literaly says only Carl is still there so far as she knows: "other men have stayed there". There is zero evidence supporting the idea that dozens of people stayed at the hotel at the same time. Had they been killing guys by the dozens people would have noticed already. Hell we can't even be sure Cassie was acting under orders or was just another lone crazy.

Is it not really that hard to believe a community made by women and for women would focus their recruitment efforts on said group.
MC tells Carol about there may be other men at the hotel. NowandThen 2021-06-14 17-00-45-40.jpg
This was not Cassie on the 2nd day there this was another women coming to kill MC if it was not for Carol being there MC would have been shot. NowandThen 2021-06-14 17-01-13-10.jpg

But that is what happens when we don't get the full picture, each player will come up with there own what was going on.
There is just to many different ways thing could go that unless the dev comes out and tells us what he was thinking it leaves it up to the player to fill in the blanks.

erkper

May 16, 2018
MC tells Carol about there may be other men at the hotel. View attachment 1246530
This was not Cassie on the 2nd day there this was another women coming to kill MC if it was not for Carol being there MC would have been shot. View attachment 1246534

But that is what happens when we don't get the full picture, each player will come up with there own what was going on.
There is just to many different ways thing could go that unless the dev comes out and tells us what he was thinking it leaves it up to the player to fill in the blanks.
Not sure why you decided that must not be Cassie, or that whoever it was definitely had a kill mission only thwarted by Carol's presence. Could be her, might not be her - she never speaks or shows her face. Her reason for being there, armed, probably isn't good but certainly isn't known fact so yeah, you're drawing conclusions based on incomplete information.

Reactions: Real Kreten

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
I'm a bit disappointed that the Dev doesn't respond to the feedback after the v0.16 update.

I know the feedback was mostly negative but is that a good reason to play dead now? I don't think so, he should have expected that kind of response to the update and respond to it.
Did.. did you not read in the updates that a1fox3 has been so kindly sharing with us from Kinderfeld's patreon that Kind is no longer able to work from home? Did that not translate to "the dev now has less free time" to you? Or would you rather he comes here to chat with us instead of working on the game in between other priorities?

Just a little food for thought.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Not sure why you decided that must not be Cassie, or that whoever it was definitely had a kill mission only thwarted by Carol's presence. Could be her, might not be her - she never speaks or shows her face. Her reason for being there, armed, probably isn't good but certainly isn't known fact so yeah, you're drawing conclusions based on incomplete information.
Every time you see Cassie she is in camo.

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

Here we are, in the final stretch. The development for this chapter has been packed into the few hours I've had at night during the week, hopefully stitched together into a cohesive narrative. After the massive event-filled chapter that was Chapter 16, 0.17.0 will probably feel relatively laid back. It isn't, and there are definitely essential story beats and character interactions to be found here.
Chapter Seventeen is a clear homage to Stephen King's "The Stand." In fact, it pulls from the book's second act, where the cast is moving cross-country to either Boulder or Las Vegas, sleeping wherever they can find shelter. With Now & Then, though, it's smaller scale, focusing on Jack, Alice, and the girls as they slowly make their way south.
One note about the Android build for 0.17.0: I spent three days trying to get a functioning build to export with Ren'py SDK 7.4.4, only to find out that there was a functional failure in the Android process. Apparently, one of the resources that the SDK references during the build process was linked to set of files that are no longer online. Don't know the particulars, but the resource developer shut down the online host, leaving Ren'py's android builder broken. This forced us to upgrade to the recently-released 7.4.5, which fixed this issue. The obvious drawback? Saves on Android are boned again.
Unfortunately, this is something well and out of my control. It's either run an Android build in 7.4.5 or not at all. I even went back to an older SDK and ran into the same issue. So, this one isn't on me, for once. But, as a fix to help those affects, I'll be attaching to install to get them to the end of Chapter 16.
Here's the release schedule for 0.17.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - June 17, 2021
Tier 2 - June 19, 2021
Tier 1 - June 21, 2021
Public - June 22, 2021
Change Log 0.17.0
  • Added Chapter Seventeen
  • Fixed continuity error with the name of Julie's son
  • Fixed a name tag in CH8 where Carol was listed as Naomi
  • Added a few new audio tracks
- Kinderfeld

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Why is everyone so sure that all of the men (at the hotel) were killed?

We literally have one body, and one attempted murder. No other bodies, no bloodstains, no noticeable damage. All of that might be there, and maybe they scribbed the place clean after each kill, but we didn't see it.

This could be a case where the the less aggressive/more submissive males were captured and moved to a different location, while those with a more dominate personaility were killed. Leave them booze, let them get wasted, then either come in and move them (or remove them).
Obviously the MC would have to go, he is/was far protective of his *wards*, and any casual questioning of the people that knew him (Syd/Julie/Alice) would have reinforced the idea that he would never be a sub.

Is it really so hard to imagine that a group of women would want to set up a matriarchal society in a post-apocalyptic setting? It would also explain why no one is really questioning why the men kept disappearing from a *safe* place. Those that arrived with men (of the right personality), already know.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes