kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

SIdney asks Julie if he thought what would happen when his son grows since he is a man, Julie tells Sidney that what happened with Alice and Naomi is a miracle, telling her that there is almost no chance to see her family again

To me, its setting the stage to something happening in the "heaven", probably something to do with Julie's son, that will force both of them to leave and eventually meet with us again

Good for her, it still changes nothing. Unless there's something which would force the MC and the girls back to the city, there's no way they'll meet up again, for the reasons already hammered out earlier; she can't just grab an Uber directly to the MC's position, wherever he may be in the world and even knowing where he's going, the latest update shows just how difficult getting there would be.

Reactions: Repuci

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Good for her, it still changes nothing. Unless there's something which would force the MC and the girls back to the city, there's no way they'll meet up again, for the reasons already hammered out earlier; she can't just grab an Uber directly to the MC's position, wherever he may be in the world and even knowing where he's going, the latest update shows just how difficult getting there would be.
There is many ways to work things out.

Not with one of those buses being outfitted to let some people sleep while some one drives, the road was cleared by MC and will allow for straight through driving.
Who knows how many married women in there was told there husband's and maybe even older teenage son's or older son's who went with the family that they just left them and moved on when we all know now what happen to the men.
And now that Julie knows what happen she could tell a few others and either sneak out one night or just take off.
Remember MC and group had to take the long way out of town.

Reactions: Repuci

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

In terms of distance, they are just a few miles away, maybe 100 or around that. And i firmly believe that the MC and the girls will not be able to stay in the self suatained farm, so they might have to go back some of their steps

The "heaven" is about to boil when eventually the people there find out what happened (both with the "husbands" and with the woman the MC had to kill and i dont remember the name). Julie and Sidney will not be able to stay.

There are plenty of cars near the heaven, so the vehicle wouldnt be the issue.

Ill be honest, at the start of this update i was convinced that a reunion would be impossible, but after Julie and Sidney talk, i am convinced that the reunion is almost certain

erkper

May 16, 2018

In terms of distance, they are just a few miles away, maybe 100 or around that. And i firmly believe that the MC and the girls will not be able to stay in the self suatained farm, so they might have to go back some of their steps
You think they're 100 miles away, you think Jack is averaging 40 miles an hour driving, and you KNOW they are on day 3 of their travels and they aren't there yet. I'm not trying to be insulting but you do understand basic math, right? With your numbers they'd have to be driving less than an hour a day.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You think they're 100 miles away, you think Jack is averaging 40 miles an hour driving, and you KNOW they are on day 3 of their travels and they aren't there yet. I'm not trying to be insulting but you do understand basic math, right? With your numbers they'd have to be driving less than an hour a day.

Maybe its a bit further, but in the "days of driving" you need to understand they werent driving in a straight line. It took a lot of hours to get out of their home city, and then they found a broken bridge that forced them to go back (the bridge alone i think took them a whole day) and find another route.

They also had to spend several hours freeing two roadblocks and they had to only travel on day.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

Maybe its a bit further, but in the "days of driving" you need to understand they werent driving in a straight line. It took a lot of hours to get out of their home city, and then they found a broken bridge that forced them to go back (the bridge alone i think took them a whole day) and find another route.

They also had to spend several hours freeing two roadblocks and they had to only travel on day.
You're thinking too much like it's a summer jaunt out in the family car.....

It's the apocalypse man, literally hell on earth with everything from the undead to actual, physical cannibals. Even if they wanted to leave the commune (and it was quite literally hammered into the player that they don't) then the trials and tribulations the MC goes through to get to where they are needing to get to will also mean Sydney and whoever else would need to go through it. Every fork in the road will lead them to asking "did the MC go left or right here", every roadblock "did they turn back here", every broken bridge "were they on that when it collapsed and are now dead". Th

100 miles of a distance when you don't know where you're going, how to get there or whether the people you're after will be there when you get there.... it might as well be the other side of the ocean.

throwing in a wee scene where the characters left behind are chilling and drinking mint jullips isn't the genesis of a mad secondary story branch where Syndey goes all Rambo and suddenly develops skills never hinted at before which would allow her to beeline to the MC like a homing pigeon.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You're thinking too much like it's a summer jaunt out in the family car.....

It's the apocalypse man, literally hell on earth with everything from the undead to actual, physical cannibals. Even if they wanted to leave the commune (and it was quite literally hammered into the player that they don't) then the trials and tribulations the MC goes through to get to where they are needing to get to will also mean Sydney and whoever else would need to go through it. Every fork in the road will lead them to asking "did the MC go left or right here", every roadblock "did they turn back here", every broken bridge "were they on that when it collapsed and are now dead". Th

100 miles of a distance when you don't know where you're going, how to get there or whether the people you're after will be there when you get there.... it might as well be the other side of the ocean.

throwing in a wee scene where the characters left behind are chilling and drinking mint jullips isn't the genesis of a mad secondary story branch where Syndey goes all Rambo and suddenly develops skills never hinted at before which would allow her to beeline to the MC like a homing pigeon.

They dont want to leave, but they will HAVE TO once shit hits the fan. And yes, they would have to go through several tribulations (although as i said, the MC and the girls will go back in my opinion once they reach the self suatained farm, because again in my opinion they wont be able to stay there.

Sidney will not be the one with the skill to take both of them to the MC, Julie will. She has been in the community for long enough. The scene clearly hints towards not being the end of those characters, at least to me.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
160km is completely off the mark.

It is stated ingame by Alice, in this chapter, that the journey from the city to this Marshand farm took between 6 and 7 hours by car before the pandemic started.
With a average speed of 100km/h, something normal for open roads, that would put the place between 600-700km away from Granstboro. Maybe more if Ted was as much trigger happy with his car as he was with his gun.

Bottom line the idea that Julie will trek for hundreds of kilometers of unknown terrain with her small child when she is safe and sound is absurd.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

They dont want to leave, but they will HAVE TO once shit hits the fan. And yes, they would have to go through several tribulations (although as i said, the MC and the girls will go back in my opinion once they reach the self suatained farm, because again in my opinion they wont be able to stay there.

Sidney will not be the one with the skill to take both of them to the MC, Julie will. She has been in the community for long enough. The scene clearly hints towards not being the end of those characters, at least to me.

They dont want to leave, but they will HAVE TO once shit hits the fan.
No guarantee of that. it's pure speculation on the part of the fans that they will have to leave right now. Neither of the girls had anything to do with MC killing that woman so they can hardly be kicked out for it. Also, even if we accept that what was being done was approved at all levels (again, which is pure speculation), the idea that men might fight back is surely going to be considered an operational risk. Having an operative die doing it is just one of those things. Indeed what happened is best case scenario for the scheme was discovered yet the man in question didn't come back to the commune guns blazing to tell everyone, so they can continue to do what they were doing.

although as i said, the MC and the girls will go back in my opinion once they reach the self suatained farm, because again in my opinion they wont be able to stay there.
Even if that's true, why go back? They LEFT the city, there is a whole country out there to try and find a place to stay. If they could have done that in the city they were in then why leave at all? The MC himself said himself that in his heart he doesn't expect to see Julie and Sydney so he's never planning on returning to that exact city.

Sidney will not be the one with the skill to take both of them to the MC, Julie will. She has been in the community for long enough.

That doesn't prove that Julie has the skills to leave, not to mention she has a kid, so can hardly pull a cannonball run across America? It is more logical she'll hunker down somewhere else in the city she's in. Not to mention if Julie did have to leave because of her son, why would Sydney even go with Julie? Who's Julie to her? Just a random she met 2 days ago through a mutual acquaintance. Sydney has shown that everything, including logic is secondary to waiting for her family so if she needs to do it alone in the commune she will do that rather than go off running god knows where for god knows how long just so she be part of the story.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

No guarantee of that. it's pure speculation on the part of the fans that they will have to leave right now. Neither of the girls had anything to do with MC killing that woman so they can hardly be kicked out for it. Also, even if we accept that what was being done was approved at all levels (again, which is pure speculation), the idea that men might fight back is surely going to be considered an operational risk. Having an operative die doing it is just one of those things. Indeed what happened is best case scenario for the scheme was discovered yet the man in question didn't come back to the commune guns blazing to tell everyone, so they can continue to do what they were doing.

Even if that's true, why go back? They LEFT the city, there is a whole country out there to try and find a place to stay. If they could have done that in the city they were in then why leave at all? The MC himself said himself that in his heart he doesn't expect to see Julie and Sydney so he's never planning on returning to that exact city.

That doesn't prove that Julie has the skills to leave, not to mention she has a kid, so can hardly pull a cannonball run across America? It is more logical she'll hunker down somewhere else in the city she's in. Not to mention if Julie did have to leave because of her son, why would Sydney even go with Julie? Who's Julie to her? Just a random she met 2 days ago through a mutual acquaintance. Sydney has shown that everything, including logic is secondary to waiting for her family so if she needs to do it alone in the commune she will do that rather than go off running god knows where for god knows how long just so she be part of the story.

Well, i already said what i think will happen. Guess we will see eventually. Its one of the best games around here, i'm sure the story will continue to be good

Reactions: verzauberung

erkper

May 16, 2018
160km is completely off the mark.

It is stated ingame by Alice, in this chapter, that the journey from the city to this Marshand farm took between 6 and 7 hours by car before the pandemic started.
With a average speed of 100km/h, something normal for open roads, that would put the place between 600-700km away from Granstboro. Maybe more if Ted was as much trigger happy with his car as he was with his gun.

Bottom line the idea that Julie will trek for hundreds of kilometers of unknown terrain with her small child when she is safe and sound is absurd.
Good call on the trip for Alice and the fam, I glossed over that when I played through. So realistically, even with good roads and a lead foot driving the car, with stoppage time (ain't never seen a road trip with a wife and two school age kids that we stayed on the road for 6 hrs straight without stopping... probably twice if they were like my family) I would put 7 hrs from leaving the house to reaching the Marshand House gate to mean more like 500 km (310mi) than 600-700. But even 500 km is farther than I was thinking. So... yeah, we'll see how long it takes to finish the drive in the next episode (IMO, probably.) I still think, just based off what Kinderfeld wrote about top speed, they aren't AVERAGING anywhere near 60km/hr. But I'm not going to argue that point. We'll see if Kinderfeld wants to spell it out at some point.

All good reasons they wouldn't AVERAGE 60 km/hr. Hit that as top speed at a few points? Sure. Probably even a bit more - as Kinderfeld put it, "for short distances." That's not going to make that anywhere near the AVERAGE speed.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I started playing this in v.16 and with how much content was added in v.17 I would be happy if this takes another 100 updates as long as all updates are as large as v.17 was.

There is many different ways this game can go and we as players will just have to wait for what the dev will give us.
I will be saving some money to give the dev and I hope I can save 20.00 for the update v.20 comes out then I will hit the Itch site.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just discovered this game and really enjoying it.
Love Carol, she's my baby girl.
Have to admit though that I'm not a big fan of the apocalyptic survival genre, especially the zombie apocalypse genre.
Don't know what direction the dev is going to take up I hope it doesn't turn into a sexual version of The Walking Dead. Especially with the intro of the cannibals and Alice.

WillTellU

Sep 21, 2018
I can excuse most of the silly stuff MC does, they're hard times and thinking of every possible situation is hard. But why the hell does he insist on using his loud, useless charger? It wastes gas, doesn't have any space, and is a total trouble magnet. He's not gonna need the power in those congested city streets. It's old too. With all the abandoned cars and shit, he could just go "car shopping" and pick some newer, more efficient robust car that doesn't alert the whole planet.
He himself comments a few times about his car, but just doesn't go get a new one.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I can excuse most of the silly stuff MC does, they're hard times and thinking of every possible situation is hard. But why the hell does he insist on using his loud, useless charger? It wastes gas, doesn't have any space, and is a total trouble magnet. He's not gonna need the power in those congested city streets. It's old too. With all the abandoned cars and shit, he could just go "car shopping" and pick some newer, more efficient robust car that doesn't alert the whole planet.
He himself comments a few times about his car, but just doesn't go get a new one.
Humans are creatures of habit and Jack already showed before that he can make basic mistakes when it comes to that (in this case his love for the car).
Now they will be lucky to find whatever 4 wheels working vehicle out there if they can't fix the engine issue.

Reactions: Tavi13

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
~>w0w combination with pandemic & zombie outbreak is that right?!

~>If the mc going to b Netori/Aggressive it will b a good combo on my watchlist!
It's definitely worth a follow. no Netori as far as I can see simply because there's very few characters in it, certainly no men beyond the MC. Although a lads wife has just rocked up and it's intentionally left vague whether he's alive or not, so there might be some NTR I suppose...

Sloopyhogwash

Aug 11, 2018
pretty great game..except for the ignorance of an MC that spends all his time on a balcony where any and all can look up and see him and he is somehow feeling secure... other than small things like that the story is great !

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
That is on purpose. Jack isn't a wannabe Rambo/whatever 1980's action hero movie. He is learning as he goes through the apocalypse.

Reactions: longsuper1
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes