RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
There is no way this self sustainable farm isnt occupied already, but i guess they will have to try.

Taking the van would be risky, since there is no way to know in which state the van was, while the MC knows exactly his car (which ends up breaking anyway)

They dont really need the electricity, so they could try to find a farm that has at least some ripe vegetables that they can get seeds from and to plant

Guess we will see
If i were to guess the place got occupied earlier during the zombie apocalypse. Then infighting happened over resources or some infected people were between the ones trying to occupy the place or both.

Bottom line i think the place will either be a "zombie farm" now or still occupied by some humans but in much worse shape than Jack, Carol, Naomi and Alice are expecting.

Reactions: juan palote

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I could well imagine that the owner of the property has entrenched himself there - possibly with security guards. Security guards who have a nervous finger on the trigger because people have tried to force their way in there in the past.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Either one was still to old for my taste and with all kinds of dealerships all over the place I would upgrade to a V6 SUV.
That would have been a logical choice as they still were in the city, it really makes no sense that he never searched a car dealership or a car rental service...i admit i have no idea how it looks in the US, but here nearly every village has at least 1-2 car dealerships, the next 'city' (if u can call a 100k people even a city) has at least a dozen, just of which i know of.
And if i had to guess, i'd say most people, which were fleeing, used their own cars.

The good part about these old cars, like that VW is, they are absolut minimalist in terms of technik, there isn't much which can breakdown in the first place and they are really easy to fix...many of these cars run like forever without much problems.

Thats also a large problem with many new cars, the more technic they have the more can breakdown, thats especially true for new cars, which are full to the brim with electronics, there is so often problems with that...
Most of the times there is really nothing u can fix urself anymore, even replacing a stupid rubber seal must be done in the repair shop, cause u need to demontage the whole carfront, so u can even reach the part.

Bottom line i think the place will either be a "zombie farm" now or still occupied by some humans but in much worse shape than Jack, Carol, Naomi and Alice are expecting.
I could well imagine that the owner of the property has entrenched himself there - possibly with security guards. Security guards who have a nervous finger on the trigger because people have tried to force their way in there in the past.
Yeah i think that house being occupied is very likely and from what we have seen so far from other groups/people i don't think they will be welcoming.
Or they pretend to be welcoming, cause they want Carol/Naomi/Alice.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Everyone talking about Jack getting rid of the Charger and all I'm thinking is that he's really going to build his leg muscles when he starts pushing it everywhere.

The one positive thing about the charger is that older cars are much easier to fix, no need to hook a computer up to the car, run a diagnostic, etc. Other than that it is a terrible vehicle for a zombie apocalypse where sound attracts them.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Everyone talking about Jack getting rid of the Charger and all I'm thinking is that he's really going to build his leg muscles when he starts pushing it everywhere.

The one positive thing about the charger is that older cars are much easier to fix, no need to hook a computer up to the car, run a diagnostic, etc. Other than that it is a terrible vehicle for a zombie apocalypse where sound attracts them.
If you can even find parts for it it is easy but that is the problem, where you going to get parts for a very old charger.

Unless something changes in a year or two gas is going to be hard to come by.
Electric would be better in so many was from here on out.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Older common cars? Yes. But a car that drinks gas like a alchoolic, is equaly noisy and with engine parts that are hard to find? No.

Jack should have ditched this car long ago. But now they are going to travel on foot hiding between whatever house they can find until this farm. But i guess that will make the journey more adventurous. :p

Reactions: Reese286

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port Now & Then [v0.17.0] APK -

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
If you can even find parts for it it is easy but that is the problem, where you going to get parts for a very old charger.

Unless something changes in a year or two gas is going to be hard to come by.
Electric would be better in so many was from here on out.
In theory a pure electric car would be good, but without a working power grid for recharging difficult.
U can use solar panels to reacharge a e-car, thought they need to bring a certain amount of power (they are large and also heavy), u would also have problems like reach, dependency on weather or long reload times.
Overal i'd say a e-car would be a good choice after they have set up a new home, where they can make use of solar panels. Problem is, it would be difficult to impossible to repair such a car, if there is a problem.

Jack should have ditched this car long ago. But now they are going to travel on foot hiding between whatever house they can find until this farm. But i guess that will make the journey more adventurous.
I think it would be a really bad idea to walk to the house on foot. Even Jack had doubts about how viable it will be to stay there. Not to mention u can't transport the resources and it would be dangerous if u have no car to flee, more so with Alice in the group.

Imo best choice would be going back to the camper, so u have at least a car, if the house is not an option, or it is full of zombies. And the camper shouldn't be much further away than the house is.

Thought some action while they are on foot, need to run and hide from zombies/bandits etc. would be really interesting to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
There is no way they can reach the farm with is several miles away on foot, with a storm coming, and with the constant fear of facing infected or bandits on the way

Maybe something happens in their hometown with Julie and Sidney and thats were the solution comes from

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I think it would be a really bad idea to walk to the house on foot. Even Jack had doubts about how viable it will be to stay there. Not to mention u can't transport the resources and it would be dangerous if u have no car to flee, more so with Alice in the group.

Imo best choice would be going back to the camper, so u have at least a car, if the house is not an option, or it is full of zombies. And the camper shouldn't be much further away than the house is.

Thought some action while they are on foot, need to run and hide from zombies/bandits etc. would be really interesting to see.
They said they were already travelling for a hour before the car breaks. If we imagine Jack was going around a 80km/h average speed (not so fast that he can't react to road blocks, car crashes and other issues on the road) that would put them very far away from the camp to move back on foot.

If he can't fix it or at least make some patch job on the engine they will need to look for any place nearby to weather the storm.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
They said they were already travelling for a hour before the car breaks. If we imagine Jack was going around a 80km/h average speed (not so fast that he can't react to road blocks, car crashes and other issues on the road) that would put them very far away from the camp to move back on foot.

If he can't fix it or at least make some patch job on the engine they will need to look for any place nearby to weather the storm.
Sorry i meant going to the Marshand house on foot is a bad idea.
I really don't think that the car can be fixed, not easily at least, judging from Jacks reaction and that he immediately slams the hood.
Yes the camper is nice march away, but the Marshand house should still have been several hours away, by car.
IIRC it was morning, they were travelling for a hour and said if lucky they should reach the Marshand house somewhen in the afternoon, if we take ur assumption of 80km/h, thats not really an option on foot, not with with zombies ( even without the storm).

As for the incoming storm, i think the only option is to search shelter, they will never reach the Marshand house in time, going back to the camper is not an good option before the storm is over, who knows maybe they will find a car on some farm.
The question is if they even know where to look for shelter, i think Alice only said that there aren't any towns close by, just farmland.
So next episode should be interesting.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Y'all are crazy if you think Jack was averaging 80 km/hr (50 mph for us Americans) over narrow, windy back-country roads that are (at least potentially) clogged with wrecked/abandoned vehicles. 30 mph/45 km/hr is a MUCH more realistic TOP speed under their circumstances, and that's top speed, not average when you factor in slowdowns for the road blockages.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Y'all are crazy if you think Jack was averaging 80 km/hr (50 mph for us Americans) over narrow, windy back-country roads that are (at least potentially) clogged with wrecked/abandoned vehicles. 30 mph/45 km/hr is a MUCH more realistic TOP speed under their circumstances, and that's top speed, not average when you factor in slowdowns for the road blockages.
Nah, 45 km/hr is too low. 60 km/hr would be a good guess

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Dude, 60 km/hr is slow motion for an off city road for me
Yes. Unless the road was full of wrecks, which it wasn't from the images and since no one mentioned it, 60km/h would be really slow for a open road (outside of urban centers).

Well they are fucked on foot either way unless they fix the car or find another close by.

Reactions: juan palote

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes. Unless the road was full of wrecks, which it wasn't from the images and since no one mentioned it, 60km/h would be really slow for a open road (outside of urban centers).

Well they are fucked on foot either way unless they fix the car or find another close by.
Kinderfeld mentioned it - in the very first screen after they get out of the city:
Capture.JPG

The speed limit on that type of road would be - at absolute max - 55mph (almost 90 km/hr). Very possibly 45mph (72 km/hr) or less. If they're only getting close to that for short stretches, then they are averaging much less.

Also the fact it takes them 3 days and they still haven't gotten to Marshand House tells you they aren't exactly setting speed records...

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Kinderfeld mentioned it - in the very first screen after they get out of the city:
View attachment 1265111

The speed limit on that type of road would be - at absolute max - 55mph (almost 90 km/hr). Very possibly 45mph (72 km/hr) or less. If they're only getting close to that for short stretches, then they are averaging much less.

Also the fact it takes them 3 days and they still haven't gotten to Marshand House tells you they aren't exactly setting speed records...
60 km/h is still a good guess. Its nowhere close to the speed limit but not 45 km/h which would be close to city speed. For you to average 45% on open roads they would need to be completerly destroyed, there is no reaso to think so and no one says so

erkper

May 16, 2018
60 km/h is still a good guess. Its nowhere close to the speed limit but not 45 km/h which would be close to city speed. For you to average 45% on open roads they would need to be completerly destroyed, there is no reaso to think so and no one says so
Not going to argue it any more, but I'll repeat what I said earlier - if you really would be driving like you're talking, you're the reason they had to stop and move crashed vehicles twice (that we saw, who knows how many other times that Kinderfeld didn't show) on this trip. And again, they're 3 days into a trek that Naomi's family went there and back as a day trip before the pandemic. They are NOT going anywhere near the speed you're talking.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
You can't really compare both to imply they were slowly moving specially after they left the urban center and vehicles start become scarce.

They weren't driving at night and they also needed to scavenge for fuel, food and a secure place to sleep. They also had to add one extra day because the main route had a broken bridge and they needed to find a alternative route (the place with the cannibals).

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes