Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
Thought, i'm really curious if the dev is outright mocking us with the car at this point, or if the MC has reached an new level of stupid...

I mean come on, u have a perfect car as alternative directly infront of ur eyes, an VW bus, with bed, a lot of storage room, roof rack and even a complete camping set...not to mention the car has half the gas consumption and is quiter.
There was no time pressure, the car was used not too long ago, had gas, the battery should have been charged and the very likely owner u have found too, so the key shouldn't be a problem either...and there is not even a single thought about switching cars from the MC, we just drain the tank :FacePalm:
Ok, though i can agree that the Charger is not an optimal choice, that T1 Bully is not really such a perfect choice either. Though it might be quieter in maybe not few situations, you buy that with the lack of power. When you NEED to get out of a spot qiuck, the Charger will do the job fast, while the bus will struggle longer to get up to speed. Also, if you ever need to move an obstacle urgently and can do so despite possibly causing at least cosmetic and maybe more damage to your car, the Charger is again the waaaay better choice.
The other problem is that the VW Bus is a european car, and even with its popularity in the US in the past, spare parts will pretty surely be harder to come by.
Last but not least, and i am aware of the irony: MC knows his car, with all the flaws and weakspots, even if (or maybe even more so when) he is not a experienced mechanic, he would take an unknown risk by switching to a car (an antique one even) with to him unknown weaknesses, weaknesses that the experienced owner might know how to fix or work around easily. You do not want to need to get away quickly with a car not starting because of a thing that can be fixed unbeknowns to you just in seconds.

Really good update, dynamic of the group is interesting with Alice in the mix and the roadtrip is certainly a nice change of setting.
Curious if we see more of the cannibals.
That scene with the cannibals was 'nice', fits the generally darker theme of the game quite nice. I just didn't like how it seems MC is supposed (as suggested by the WT) to lie to Carol about what he thinks what they talked about ... its pretty obvious and in a situation like they are in it would be generally safer to assume the worst and be wary ... within reason of course, so the 'maybe' answer would make more sense.
Also, wasn't it a topic already to be open and honest to each other, MC not trying to 'shield' the girls too much because they need to be ready and aware?

Anyhow, i took a break after that scene and it somehow stuck in my mind in a way ... dunno, can't explain. A rhyme formed, about the possibility of how what has been said can be understood differently. Didn't let me rest so i started writing it down ... and it grew, and though i am not really good at writing and certainly have no expertiese in rhyming or so, ill give you that:
(i know its a mess, i tried to keep it vague to make it fit the scene and speculation about it)

A boy (or pig?) named Caleb

There was once a boy named Caleb who lived on a farm,
'Till the day the (not-so)dead turned on the living,
To scratch'n'bite and do them some harm.
That day the world seemed ending
Death and murder be seen all around
Caleb feared for those he loved,
So he stepped up and stood his ground.
He was a big boy, strong, sometimes a bit daft.
Not too tall, not small, neither lean nor obese,
On his peaceful farm, fighting he hadn't known.
Yet he faught brave and his victories came with ease.
Headbutting his foes and kicking them down,
In these troubled times instincts just kicked in.
When the family needed to move, the truck bed would be his home,
Enjoying the breeze you didn't hear of anything bothering him.
But one day the road would be blocked, an ambush ending their roam.
Quickly knocked out on the truck bed, he was still snoring,
He and his loved ones ended up beaten and bound.
One after another taken away, Caleb still hoping,
But even when they came for him no way to beat them he found.
Taken, hung above a hot fire, tied to a stake,
His eyes wandered over scattered bones, clothes and things he recognized.
He saw his family in remains and pieces, his mind ready to disintegrate
When one of his captors stept close for Caleb to be a last time terrorized
Laughing: "C'mon, squeal for me littl piggy. Squeal!"
Got an apple stuffed in his mouth, despite all struggle
Caleb knew well: The end of the world is nigh, for the monsters, are real!
And the moral: monsters always walked unbeknownst amongst us, just waiting to toggle!

Reactions: hdtv11

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Ok, though i can agree that the Charger is not an optimal choice, that T1 Bully is not really such a perfect choice either. Though it might be quieter in maybe not few situations, you buy that with the lack of power. When you NEED to get out of a spot qiuck, the Charger will do the job fast, while the bus will struggle longer to get up to speed. Also, if you ever need to move an obstacle urgently and can do so despite possibly causing at least cosmetic and maybe more damage to your car, the Charger is again the waaaay better choice.
The other problem is that the VW Bus is a european car, and even with its popularity in the US in the past, spare parts will pretty surely be harder to come by.
Last but not least, and i am aware of the irony: MC knows his car, with all the flaws and weakspots, even if (or maybe even more so when) he is not a experienced mechanic, he would take an unknown risk by switching to a car (an antique one even) with to him unknown weaknesses, weaknesses that the experienced owner might know how to fix or work around easily. You do not want to need to get away quickly with a car not starting because of a thing that can be fixed unbeknowns to you just in seconds.
Fair. And maybe the van was out of order. But it would've been nice if the writer had mentioned something about it via the MC's inner thoughts.

That scene with the cannibals was 'nice', fits the generally darker theme of the game quite nice. I just didn't like how it seems MC is supposed (as suggested by the WT) to lie to Carol about what he thinks what they talked about ... its pretty obvious and in a situation like they are in it would be generally safer to assume the worst and be wary ... within reason of course, so the 'maybe' answer would make more sense.
Also, wasn't it a topic already to be open and honest to each other, MC not trying to 'shield' the girls too much because they need to be ready and aware?
Don't follow blindly a walkthrough. I'm like you, I don't hide a lot of things from the girls and treat them like adults

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Ah okay, I ended up playing without the wt.

I assume then it was because some choices increased it and some decreased it.
You can even go into negative points for Alice's conflict, I ended with -1 on that stat.

The conflict stat is not only affected in scenes with Alice but also in the scene where you are alone with Naomi, as an example when you are in the house you have to decide with girls shares a bed with you for the night and if you share it with Naomi you can decrease the conflict by 1 depending on your descissions.

Reactions: Naxos

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
This is one of those VN/Games I would like to see 100 updates with because the story is so great.
I only started this in v0.16 and the update for v0.17 had a lot of content to go through.
100 more updates like what we got in 17 would be just fine for me.

Once this hits 20 updates as in v0.20 I will throw the dev 20.00 on itch.

Reactions: kfrazer099

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
You can even go into negative points for Alice's conflict, I ended with -1 on that stat.

The conflict stat is not only affected in scenes with Alice but also in the scene where you are alone with Naomi, as an example when you are in the house you have to decide with girls shares a bed with you for the night and if you share it with Naomi you can decrease the conflict by 1 depending on your descissions.
Yeah I was at -1 at one point. I can't remember if I ended it there or got to zero. I think it might have been zero.

Was a good update.

Really hoping the showing what was going on with Sydney means she's returning to us.

Reactions: HansDampf788

buff

May 29, 2017
Whomever is maintaining the OP...... please add a 'lesbian' tag, as there is a bit of that content now.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
True, it's not the perfect choice, but it's not like there is a much to choose from, ideally u also want a car with four wheel-drive, suitable for going off roads.
The Charger has advantages in certain situations no doubt, but it also sucks at the most important ones and these make the camper a way better choice imo.

-The fuel consumption is just horrible.
And as much the extra power of the Charger is usefull in certain situations, the trade off just isn't worth it, it's not sustainable, even more so if u try to avoid the more urban areas.
-The noise is the next problem, as the MC mentioned, it draws the attention from everything in a large vicinity.
Thats really the last thing u want in a zombie apocalypse.
-Lack of storage room, not much to add here.

As for the mechanic part, at least my impression is that the MC doesn't have any experience, or at least not much, i think we will see that in the next update.
Thought i doubt he has the tools to repair a car in the first place, he didn't even have the tools to barrikade his door at back at the apartment. Spareparts are a problem either way, i don't think u will easily find them, even for the charger, not if u try to avoid urban ares, only good solution i see here is, stockpile some spareparts if u get the chance, that being said, u would need storage room and if u have no idea how to fix a car it's kinda pointless.

Yeah a quick escape is certainly a plus for the Charger, ironically the very things u want to escape from are probably only there cause the Charger is too loud. If u want to go scavenge or just find a hideout for the night, but u announce ur arrival to every zombie/bandid in half the town, thats kind of a suicidal approach, iirc also the reason the MC didn't want to use the car back in city.

Reactions: HansDampf788

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Ah, you guys were right. For some reason I thought it was a flashback. I just replayed it to that point and saw after it all happened, that it was just a dream. My mistake.

For some reason I thought that really happened lol. I was so confused, but yeah. Now I saw that it was just a dream, not real. Thanks! :)
I did the same thing ;) And I have played so many hours of this game ...

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Are you talking the Walkthrough or the Walkthrough Mod .. In the Walkthrough I write - I tell you all the points you get for selecting something, and the positive and negative repercussions for picking said choice. The different colors indicate most positive, tossup, and negative choices.

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
Are you talking the Walkthrough or the Walkthrough Mod .. In the Walkthrough I write - I tell you all the points you get for selecting something, and the positive and negative repercussions for picking said choice. The different colors indicate most positive, tossup, and negative choices.
Ah, the mod, should have clarified. In most cases i try also the choices ill not take, but only to see what happens immediately, can't be sure about what long term changes come just by that... guess i should maybe read also the WT then.

Reactions: mordred93

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
True, it's not the perfect choice, but it's not like there is a much to choose from, ideally u also want a car with four wheel-drive, suitable for going off roads.
The Charger has advantages in certain situations no doubt, but it also sucks at the most important ones and these make the camper a way better choice imo.

-The fuel consumption is just horrible.
And as much the extra power of the Charger is usefull in certain situations, the trade off just isn't worth it, it's not sustainable, even more so if u try to avoid the more urban areas.
-The noise is the next problem, as the MC mentioned, it draws the attention from everything in a large vicinity.
Thats really the last thing u want in a zombie apocalypse.
-Lack of storage room, not much to add here.

As for the mechanic part, at least my impression is that the MC doesn't have any experience, or at least not much, i think we will see that in the next update.
Thought i doubt he has the tools to repair a car in the first place, he didn't even have the tools to barrikade his door at back at the apartment. Spareparts are a problem either way, i don't think u will easily find them, even for the charger, not if u try to avoid urban ares, only good solution i see here is, stockpile some spareparts if u get the chance, that being said, u would need storage room and if u have no idea how to fix a car it's kinda pointless.

Yeah a quick escape is certainly a plus for the Charger, ironically the very things u want to escape from are probably only there cause the Charger is too loud. If u want to go scavenge or just find a hideout for the night, but u announce ur arrival to every zombie/bandid in half the town, thats kind of a suicidal approach, iirc also the reason the MC didn't want to use the car back in city.
There is probably emotional attachment to Charger. Still, what it makes the most sense to me, even with fuel restrictions, is to have 2 vehicles. Second vehicle should be able to carry lots of supplies and would serve as a back up vehicle in a case of accident or mechanical failure. I was thinking about this since they moved to the school building.

Aelth

Jun 17, 2017
Agreeing with the talk about taking the VW. I know the MC wouldn't know this, but old VWs like that are ridiculously easy to fix with random crap you have on hand, the charger might be simple mechanically but the VW being air cooled just removes another layer of complexity. Not to mention the previously mentioned fuel economy, noise and carrying capacity. People talking about the power of the charger forget that it is over a ton and a half, and 50+ years old with the technology to go with it. A modern mini-van would beat it 0-60.

I'm glad Julie pretty much straight up tells Sydney she is a dumbass for not going with MC et al. Also, damn, those are some tanlines Alice has going, doing a lot of micro bikini sun bathing? :LOL:

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Just got done with Chapter 17, so back to getting caught up with the Dev.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still, been enjoying this game. Really been fun, and I do thank you for this thus far. And now, be looking forward for Chapter 18.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Played the update yesterday.
Nice and slow chapter with Alice dealing with the grief of losing her husband and (likely) her son too. Also was able to keep her fighting with Naomi at zero. But it seems obvious she also wants to compete over Jack with her daughter, the river bathing scene and how well she took the revelation Jack is in a poly relattionship with both Carol and Naomi seems to lead to that. :unsure:

Also nice to see a interlude between Sydney and Julie. The former regrets not going but still wants to look for her family and the latter is starting to look into what Cassie was doing, it makes me wonder if she will try to take over the place to change things there.

Nice sex scene with Carol at the hotel and anal with Naomi in the woods. :love::love:

Why Jack? Why? Why didn't you change your old ass loud car for the van from the old dead guy? That car even had enough space for people to sleep inside and i bet it wouldn't have broke in the middle of nowhere. :LOL::LOL:

PS:
liked the moment with the cannibals. How are you people managing the nerve stat? I usually don't hide anything from Carol and Naomi, they are between 6-7 on my playthrough.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
All through the beginning and up to the school I was thinking this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can't wait for more updates for this great VN.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
PS:
liked the moment with the cannibals. How are you people managing the nerve stat? I usually don't hide anything from Carol and Naomi, they are between 6-7 on my playthrough.
I don't hide them a lots of things either, and treat them like adults. I don't know if the nerve points already affect some scenes or will in the future, but until now I didn't notice it

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes