Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Also, anyone feel like we will see Greg again? I think this is the first time his GF has been mentioned by name and usually once side characters get mentioned in the "Then" sections, it means something concerning them is coming in the "Now" sections. My hope is that they took off the the Marshland house first, trusting his parents would get there too but we will see.
His parents weren't even considering going there though, they were going to a cabin in the mountains in the totally opposite direction.
My guess would be that if he does show up somewhere then it'll be something to do with julie and Syd as they leave/escape they somewhere come across gregg and his GF [maybe] and during some conversation they work out that they all know MC's group and then Syd says something about thinking she knows where they are going and gregg saying he knows how to get there .etc.
Or perhaps even Gregg and GF show up at the women-only compound in the city and they decide to leave that way.
Something like that.

Just my guess though.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
His parents weren't even considering going there though, they were going to a cabin in the mountains in the totally opposite direction.
My guess would be that if he does show up somewhere then it'll be something to do with julie and Syd as they leave/escape they somewhere come across gregg and his GF [maybe] and during some conversation they work out that they all know MC's group and then Syd says something about thinking she knows where they are going and gregg saying he knows how to get there .etc.
Or perhaps even Gregg and GF show up at the women-only compound in the city and they decide to leave that way.
Something like that.

Just my guess though.
Well you also have to consider a few things here about any Greg theory:
1. If he got out of the college, it was early on in the pandemic and would be with his fellow college kids.
2. While he was in college during the pandemic, Greg had no communication with his family, so if they were going somewhere specific, (like a cabin in the Rockies), Greg would've not know and would have to form his own plan based on what he knew about the area.
3. Greg is older then Naomi, he would of remembered his family's trip to the Marshand House with the family more then she would and if he was anything like his dad, would arguably be more interested in this place then his mom who was just along for the ride.

He could be dead, an infected at the university, or maybe he is one of the few survivors at the University and makes his way to the Amazon Community and is the spark that gets Syd and Julie out of there. I mean, for all we know, he could be with the Cannibals groups. xD But If he's alive and going to show up again, my money is on he got out early and headed for Marshland House.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well you also have to consider a few things here about any Greg theory:
1. If he got out of the college, it was early on in the pandemic and would be with his fellow college kids.
2. While he was in college during the pandemic, Greg had no communication with his family, so if they were going somewhere specific, (like a cabin in the Rockies), Greg would've not know and would have to form his own plan based on what he knew about the area.
3. Greg is older then Naomi, he would of remembered his family's trip to the Marshand House with the family more then she would and if he was anything like his dad, would arguably be more interested in this place then his mom who was just along for the ride.

He could be dead, an infected at the university, or maybe he is one of the few survivors at the University and makes his way to the Amazon Community and is the spark that gets Syd and Julie out of there. I mean, for all we know, he could be with the Cannibals groups. xD But If he's alive and going to show up again, my money is on he got out early and headed for Marshland House.

I like the idea that Greg could show up and be the catalyst that moves Julie and Sydney along. I have to admit that I was not happy to see the little "Julie and Sydney interlude" because I am worried that is going to end very badly and I don't want to see it. Or perhaps Sydney does get to see some of her family...

IIRC One thing that we've not seen in this story is the characters recognizing family members who are zombified... All the zombies are strangers and all the family and friends are either "gone" or definitively dead. Would be interesting to see how Sydney reacts if her family are now zombies and the "utopia" kills them. Regardless, though I hope that we see Julie and Sydney reunite with the MC and his Scooby gang I just don't see how they do that.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1053, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.17.0
Tue Jun 22 15:13:58 2021
```
Anyone experienced this issue when trying to load a save?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Code:
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3910, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1243, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 975, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 910, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 767, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2173, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2005, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1923, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Now and Then 0.17.0
Tue Jun 22 15:13:58 2021
```
Anyone experienced this issue when trying to load a save?
Did you use the mod in the last update?

If so you will need to wait for the mod to be updated.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Oh well, started a new save, powered through to the new update. On the plus side I got to remind myself just how fucking awful the last release was heh

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Where did you stop in 16?
You must roll back to before then ending and it should have worked for you.
I had a save before the splash screen and some auto saves from just before it. Just one of those things I suppose. it's not something I've experienced with this game before

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I had a save before the splash screen and some auto saves from just before it. Just one of those things I suppose. it's not something I've experienced with this game before
I had issues with loading a save with mod installed . found one from just before Cassie's attack that worked, so maybe before the last choice or several frames before should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: The ArcKnight

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Thanks Zoey for the WT, but there is a bug where Alice asks about stuff that doesn't happen. Nothing happens between Naomi and Sydney in my play through, yet Alice asks questions about stuff like a kiss that doesn't happen.
I'm not sure what the sad face is for, the mod has been like this since like version 4. No one is making you use it.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I'm not sure what the sad face is for, the mod has been like this since like version 4. No one is making you use it.
Sorry, I'm just sad it doesn't respect the no trigger to certain choices.

I don't think I used at WT for this game for ages, certainly not since the introduction of Sydney so it was never an issue for me.

I'm just sad (not angry or mad) one is forced to see stuff you don't want if you use it, but as you say no-one is forcing you to use it. As soon as I saw that conversation I removed it.

I 100% respect your choice to make it the way you did, so don't take it as a negative thing, if I meant my reaction badly I'd have used the facepalm.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Since you're trashing me even more, my mod didn't do a damn thing to your saves, the update to the new SDK of android was a issue, also there were people who have had persistent save file problems, go back one or two autosaves and you will be fine. I'm tired of getting blamed for this shit. Some of you make me just wanna quit doing this with all your bitching and moaning. Make your own damn mod if you don't like mine, but that rollback error has NOTHING to do with my mod. Please know what you're talking about before you open your mouth to trash someones hard work for the community. Thank you!
As someone who enjoys your mod greatly I just want to say thank you for all your hard work.
Honestly your mod makes this game so much more playable for those of us who want to see all the content without the need to continuously replay.
I honestly wish all the mods for different games were this well done and gave me all the content so I didn't have to stress over choices /paths so much and just enjoy some good storytelling and hot scenes.

So, thank you!

Come on chan

Apr 17, 2021
Now & Then [v0.17.0] [ILSProductions] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,13 GB / 0,99 GB - NowandThen-0.17.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,xx GB / 980 MB - NowandThen-0.17.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download: Workupload (PC) - Workupload (Mac) - Pixeldrain - MediaFire

Please drop a (y) to support my work. Thanks and happy fapping gaming! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -
No MEGA link :(

• Angry
Reactions: Killer7

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I agree wholeheartedly on the car situation. I was just like "Duuuuuude, the universe just gave you a win TAKE THE WIN!" Nope, drain it of gas for the Holy Charger! :FacePalm:
Yeah, honestly at this point i wouldn't be surprised if the MC goes back to the camper, just to salvage it for some spareparts, so he can fix the charger.
Only hope i have here is, that the parts of a the german camper wouldn't be of much use for the charger and the MC don't seem to be experienced in mechanics.

Yeah, interesting for sure, but Syd knows where they were intending to go from that conversation back at the school, right? so there might be some point soon where her and Julie set off together in that direction? Either by choice or maybe to get away from 'the inner circle' ?
As for the Sydney -Julie situation, it gives me hope that the three of them might get out of The Amazon Community in the future.
I just worry that their group might not get past the cannibals as easily as Jack's group did. After all, the cannibals said it themselves that they hadn't been paying attention to the roadblocks for weeks and now that the roadblocks are moved by Jack's group I'm sure the Cannibals will put people on them again.
Hopefully Syd's group find a safer way to marshland house and are able to skirt around the bad guys.
Tl;dr : While i really hope that Julie & Sydney catch up with them, it would be difficult to do so, not sure how the dev would make that happen, probably also would need to focus more on the Julie/Sydney pov.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like the idea that Greg could show up and be the catalyst that moves Julie and Sydney along. I have to admit that I was not happy to see the little "Julie and Sydney interlude" because I am worried that is going to end very badly and I don't want to see it. Or perhaps Sydney does get to see some of her family...

IIRC One thing that we've not seen in this story is the characters recognizing family members who are zombified... All the zombies are strangers and all the family and friends are either "gone" or definitively dead. Would be interesting to see how Sydney reacts if her family are now zombies and the "utopia" kills them. Regardless, though I hope that we see Julie and Sydney reunite with the MC and his Scooby gang I just don't see how they do that.
I mean, the whole Cassie being close to the leadership and going arround murding men, the hastly escape and Julie not only present, but also a close friend of the MC, was really not foreshadowing good fortune for Julie/Sydney in there.
But yes, i also have a feeling that the situation in there will go downhill soon.

I really like that idea, thought the chances of Greg being alive and meeting up with Julie/Sydney are pretty much the same as Sydney meeting her family alive.

Yes that is also something i really hoped to see, some familiar faces among the infected.
Especialy that some of the infected would be Sydney's family, well the chance is still there.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Man I really like this game. A lot. I always look forward to these updates the most. Keep it up.

Also Naomis anal fart was very cute and funny and unexpected. LMAO. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Naxos
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes