dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
pretty great game..except for the ignorance of an MC that spends all his time on a balcony where any and all can look up and see him and he is somehow feeling secure... other than small things like that the story is great !
Yeah he seems to be the only one staying in his building and the building in front of it. Pretty hard to believe but heh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
pretty great game..except for the ignorance of an MC that spends all his time on a balcony where any and all can look up and see him and he is somehow feeling secure... other than small things like that the story is great !
If the inside of the house is dark, its very hard to see someone on a balcony unless there is a full moon or something like that

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Lol rather surprised in all his survivalist planning he never got around to getting a water purifier or a camping stove with a few cans of portable propane.
That and the charger when an SUV would've made better sense, roomier, can carry more, more robust for off road travel

erkper

May 16, 2018
Lol rather surprised in all his survivalist planning he never got around to getting a water purifier or a camping stove with a few cans of portable propane.
That and the charger when an SUV would've made better sense, roomier, can carry more, more robust for off road travel
He did stock up on all the survival/camping gear, way at the beginning of the story. He probably left most of it behind though when they had the unplanned hasty exits from the apartment and then again the school.

Can't argue about the Charger... but it IS a pretty sweet ride.

Reactions: Real Kreten

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Jack came back later to his apartment after relocating to the school but they lost almost everything in the fire.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Jack came back later to his apartment after relocating to the school but they lost almost everything in the fire.
Didn't he have a seperate garage/storage room...i think he mentioned something like that at the begining. But then, it's a while and i may confusing something.

He did stock up on all the survival/camping gear, way at the beginning of the story. He probably left most of it behind though when they had the unplanned hasty exits from the apartment and then again the school.
U sure ? He stocked food, a couple of solar lamps, some fuel and a few guns, but that was all iirc.
Camping gear, water purifier, camping stove etc. i realy don't think he thought about that, iirc it was even mentioned he didn't have some basic tools to barricade his door at the apartment and he would have problems transporting all that stuff (including larger amounts of food/water) with the Charger.

I don't think Jack had a plan at all, besides sitting it out in his apartment.
Until the infected/bandits where getting closer and where knocking at his door, he didn't plan on leaving his appartment. Not to mention leaving the city, that idea came only at the school, so i doubt he actually had stocked survival gear.

And while he spoke about his plan to leave the city, he did literally nothing to prepare for it, or scavange for survival gear and they where at the school for several weeks.
He even mentioned that he was bored, cause there is nothing to do.
The idea of getting a more suitable car didn't come from him, it was Carol and Jack was really reluctant to the point that it sounded like excuses.
At this point, i think Carol had thought more about the plan to leave the city than Jack has.
Overall i got the impression, that while he spoke about leaving the city, he never thought about an actual plan, or about essential equipment they would need.
And i'm sure, if the fire hadn't forced them out of the school, Jack would have waited there for months.
A relative safe place, content with his coffee and booze, until bandits/infected, or a lack of supplies, would have forced him to act again.

Reactions: HansDampf788

erkper

May 16, 2018
U sure ? He stocked food, a couple of solar lamps, some fuel and a few guns, but that was all iirc.
Camping gear, water purifier, camping stove etc. i realy don't think he thought about that, iirc it was even mentioned he didn't have some basic tools to barricade his door at the apartment and he would have problems transporting all that stuff (including larger amounts of food/water) with the Charger.
Yeah, I'm sure.
Capture.JPG

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Couldn't remember that, still curious how he planed to transport that all with the Charger.
I don't know if you have every seen a real charger in life but them old cars like that had very big trunks.
It could hold all of that including several months worth of food and water for 2 people.

Me and a friend back in the 70's used his 69 for a camping trip and we had not only 1 cooking stove but 2 of them, 2 large tents, 2 sleeping bags, food and soda's for a week in 2 large ice chests and still had a lot of room left for other things if it was needed.

This is one and that tire is full size not the small junk you get today. -1969-dodge-charger-r-t-hemi.jpg

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Couldn't remember that, still curious how he planed to transport that all with the Charger.
I don't think he ever did. Was it not a case of they were hoping to hunker down in one place until it cleared up. Having to move probably meant they had to leave stuff behind each time, with the move from the school probably resulting in the majority of the supplies being lost. The car was probably well stocked with gas when they left the city simply because there was no point in taking it out the car to bring into the school only to have to drag it back out again when they needed to top it up.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't know if you have every seen a real charger in life but them old cars like that had very big trunks.
It could hold all of that including several months worth of food and water for 2 people.

Me and a friend back in the 70's used his 69 for a camping trip and we had not only 1 cooking stove but 2 of them, 2 large tents, 2 sleeping bags, food and soda's for a week in 2 large ice chests and still had a lot of room left for other things if it was needed.

This is one and that tire is full size not the small junk you get today. View attachment 1271476
Yes i saw and drived one, a friend, who had a thing for american muscle cars had one, took him some time to fully restore it and in looks, as well as driving, it's a nice ride no questions there.

I have no doubt that u can storage all that if u go for week on a camping trip, several months worth of food and water, sorry i don't see that, about 2-2.5l water on a day, so about 60l a month for each person, on the low end.
U also would need a few more things, like a couple of fuel canisters, toolbox etc.
They were planing on leaving for a house, which is pretty isolated, so they should have a sizable stock of food, water, gas for 3 persons, possible (albeit unlikely) 4 at the school.

Admittedly about fuel i'm not sure, the friend said something about 28 l/100km avarage iirc, thought i think he had one of the most powerful engines.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Since the beginning of time humans live near water sources like rivers or lakes for a reason. The best site to settle down in the game situation is a small island. You have natural water, fishes and natural protection against zombies and other threats.
I think our new car should be the camping wagon. It's has enough space for our little Harem and it's near, plus it has a bed in the back

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Since the beginning of time humans live near water sources like rivers or lakes for a reason. The best site to settle down in the game situation is a small island. You have natural water, fishes and natural protection against zombies and other threats.
I think our new car should be the camping wagon. It's has enough space for our little Harem and it's near, plus it has a bed in the back
If they can get some seeds for vegetables, the unfinished neighbourgh is a great place. They have plenty of space to sleep (can even get two houses), a lof of yards to farm, and there are animals (we saw a deer) so there must be a water supply nearby and maybe you can hunt for wildlife too. And you also have protection from storms, which the wagon doesnt really have

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Winter is coming!

Shit's gonna get pretty real, real fast when they haven't stocked up for winter and are away from homes and shops they can raid and loot for food.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Don't really know how far the wagon is but those post look like there very close to a town. NowandThen 2021-06-29 07-43-04-32.jpg
If they were way out of in the woods those post would be made of wood, or they are everywhere I have travel.

But then again don't know where the dev is from so those could be made of metal, be very expensive if there were.

But we will only know what will happen when the next update comes out.

If they can get some seeds for vegetables, the unfinished neighbourgh is a great place. They have plenty of space to sleep (can even get two houses), a lof of yards to farm, and there are animals (we saw a deer) so there must be a water supply nearby and maybe you can hunt for wildlife too. And you also have protection from storms, which the wagon doesnt really have
It was said in game they could not defend the site and they heard gunshots off in the distance.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
ok why you all are hammering on about the Charger make me think most of you know nothing about cars and keeping them running... ohhhhh its uses sooo much fuel.. yes it does and it does it with no electronics control the fuel. a shit ton less stuff that can fail as it is simple to maintain and repair. unlike newer cars that require expensive equipment and computers to diagnose them if "ANYTHING" fails. Does the Charger have spark? no then its either the coil or the points. Does the Charger have fuel? No then its either out or the mechanical "not electronically controlled" pump on the motor has a issue or bad fuel has gotten into the fuel filter or carburetor... not any number of sensors that can cause the car to die.
Parts..... depending on the motor Dodge engine parts are common for that car all the way into the early 90s. Hell half the parts off my 96 Jeep motor will fit on it and make it run and almost ever single part from my 95 Jeep and these are just 2 of hundreds of Dodge vehicles he could find parts from. Wheels/tires and bolt patterns for them common all the way to present.
So go ahead and grab that fuel efficient fancy quiet car. Ya the one with all the electronics that can fail at any given time with no warning unlike the charger that will give you plenty of warning when something is going wrong and doesnt just plain die for no reason. Is it the best choice? No but its what he has. His only upgrade would be a van from at most the early 80's as anything newer would be nothing but problems in their situation. The actual best choice option would be to find a military vehicle with a multifuel system but good luck finding one that would start after this length of time.

Reactions: longsuper1

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Yeah, something like that could NEVER happen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

;)
ohhh heaven forbid the writer not create more drama in this game eh. I mean i really do not know anything about cars at all...ohh well maybe a little after 30 years being a lead mechanic and service manager in the automotive industry... But yeah I dont know shit about those cars or their engines.

Last edited:
Reactions: longsuper1
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes