Hanrollos

Oct 6, 2019
ok straight to the point soo my mc did not have sex with sydney but ignores it an states that apparently i did with carol saying that she could hear loud moans or what ever then said to the mc that she knows he did it with sydney when no he did not an there is no actual choice there just that tell her or (....) so yeah the dev has done a lazy/shitty job so i deleted it i dont like the choices i make being ignore/overridden might as well not have any choices in it at all

erkper

May 16, 2018
ok straight to the point soo my mc did not have sex with sydney but ignores it an states that apparently i did with carol saying that she could hear loud moans or what ever then said to the mc that she knows he did it with sydney when no he did not an there is no actual choice there just that tell her or (....) so yeah the dev has done a lazy/shitty job so i deleted it i dont like the choices i make being ignore/overridden might as well not have any choices in it at all
Just gonna guess - you had the mod installed, didn't you?

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I still feel like going to the Appalachians would be a far better idea. Fuck the Banks man, humidity, too many people, stupid bad storms. Go to the mountains, you get moonshine, copious amounts of firearms, few people, a pretty place with abundant food, and a warry but loving culture. The Cherokee survived there for hundreds of years, and are still there today.

I'm totally biased, but I still think I'm logically correct.
Yep, from the area can confirm tiny towns with lots of guns and MOSTLY good people. Bet there would still be functioning communities all over the place, definitely where I'd go if I didn't already live here. Hell, my family alone is large enough to with enough land to form a community and almost every male has some form of military or medical training, those that don't know their way around machines or how to build shit. You have to travel almost two hours from my home to see cities with more than 10k people in them and my home town has a pop of 1,400 would absolutely take my chances here.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017

And we're (roughly) at the mid-way point in this update. If things keep going along at this pace, we should be hitting the rough release date with relative ease. For the most part, the writing is pretty much done. The plot is locked down tight. There's one more scene to actually get onto "paper", and most of the rest is re-writes, edits, and continuity. Probably a few run-throughs to make sure the chapter's arc runs smoothly.
1628462000635.png

Thanks for your support and your interest,
- Kinderfeld​

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
So far played only 5 first chapters and have fallen love with this game! Renders are a bit grainy when compared to Once in a Lifetime (I think they use same render), yet it fits well with post-pandemic game. Music is excellent, and so is story telling. The characters act so naturally it really feels like watching daily life of survival family. Unlike most after-the-end games this feels rather realistic, minus all missing bodies and bones of death residents of megacity.

gg, keep deving and we keep playing!

May 31, 2020
Yep, from the area can confirm tiny towns with lots of guns and MOSTLY good people. Bet there would still be functioning communities all over the place, definitely where I'd go if I didn't already live here. Hell, my family alone is large enough to with enough land to form a community and almost every male has some form of military or medical training, those that don't know their way around machines or how to build shit. You have to travel almost two hours from my home to see cities with more than 10k people in them and my home town has a pop of 1,400 would absolutely take my chances here.
And I didn't even begin to mention those things. Frankly, (and I don't say this to disparage Appalachia, I love her to death) I really don't think a shitload would change in this universe, and the living standards wouldn't drop very much, if at all. It would become more insular, and it would get hungrier, but after the first spring after the crops are planted, there would be pretty abundant food. Deer would likely explode, as there would be a lot less people to hunt them, which means more per-capita. Plus, due to the mountains, zombies wouldn't be able to move in very fast, if at all.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure.
People going crazy because of the end of civilization as we know it with ample acess to weapons is the recipe for disaster. Plus even if some survive the potential firefights the insular nature of their small communities would mean they would be less likely to recieve strangers with open arms instead of open shots.

Reactions: Vanderer

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
And I didn't even begin to mention those things. Frankly, (and I don't say this to disparage Appalachia, I love her to dead) I really don't think a shitload would change in this universe, and the living standards wouldn't drop very much, if at all. It would become more insular, and it would get hungrier, but after the first spring after the crops are planted, there would be pretty abundant food. Deer would likely explode, as there would be a lot less people to hunt them, which means more per-capita. Plus, due to the mountains, zombies wouldn't be able to move in very fast, if at all.
Yea, it pains me to admit but you aren't wrong about the living standards not changing much... there are places in my home town that don't have electricity or running water.

I wouldn't be so sure.
People going crazy because of the end of civilization as we know it with ample acess to weapons is the recipe for disaster. Plus even if some survive the potential firefights the insular nature of their small communities would mean they would be less likely to recieve strangers with open arms instead of open shots.
I'd still much rather take my chances in podunk as opposed to a city. You'll have the same kind of crazies (maybe) in lesser numbers in rural areas, not to mention way fewer zombies.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just wanted to point out that they (Jack, Carol, Naomi and Alice) arelikely being followed by the members of such a small town turned robbers/scavengers.

Last edited:

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Never said it would be safe, just probably more safe than a city that used to have a pop of 10s of thousands of people or more.

May 31, 2020
I wouldn't be so sure.
Appalachia wouldn't go crazy, they would stay remarkably sane. You could be correct on the last part, but I find it hard to fault. Appalachia has been screwed over by outsiders for 300 years, and more if you want to extend the history to the old world. However, I don't think that would necessarily be true. I think community governments would be established, and people who journey to said community would be screened, and if they weren't crazy, be let in. Raiders wouldn't come due to the high concentration of Arms, and the lack of perceivable wealth.

Ironically, I think few would come because of our Hillbilly stereotype. Works fine with me really.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
WOW what an incredibly well written story/game. The tension, the build up all of it so damn well done.
The devs command of English almost appears he/she is from the UK? Doesn't matter so well written.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Honestly a must play for anyone that's into great story writing, characters build and realistic sex scenarios. Great work dev.

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
0.19 is right around the corner, so here is the latest message from Kinderfield while it's getting uploaded.
Enjoy lads !
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes