Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
It's not a sit-com, but a horror game. It has to make you uneasy, to make you affraid of next scenes, not to make the gameplay enjoyable to jerk off.

The things developer did weren't great, weren't nice, were pretty realistic to what people would do, to what would happened in a such situations, because smillar things are happening as we write our comments. And he have balls to show it, although sometimes he prefers to spares us the details.

Woman overseeing Carol's case killed herself because of pandemic. She prefered to be dead than live in such chaos. People are killing themself all the time, you're not complaining about it.

People are killing other people, most of the time because of stupid reasons. MC killed bandits who raided the school. One of those bandits was a guy who Carol and Naomi knew, a guy who a year eariler would be a minior. A idiot, with a reason to rape the girls, yet you played the game, probably even without complaining about MC killing a guy who was but a kid with ID.

Do you really thing Emmie, a small, unfit girl with sneakers, could outrun a zombie-runner through the woods? Or maybe a knight in shining armor, MC probably, would show up to save her in the last second? That's not realistic, that's a fairy tale.
But maybe I don't know, maybe I'm just wrong, just as thousands of kids working as slaves, being raped by adults, waiting for thier hero to save them. Why Emmie should be the one lucky one to be saved? Because we saw but a few scenes with her? Those few scenes of her alone, walking, a long road, with the knowledge of bandits and infected being around?

What would happened with Emmie would be way worst that it was shown. Infected would catch her and press to the ground, ripped her clothes in order to get to meat and then start bitting her everywere until she die in the sound of her crying and yelling for help. Instead of Emmie in clothes we should see a grotesque image of semi-clothed kid with bitting marks and blood all over her. Dev spared us such a view, because of legal reasons, engine limitations and grotesque view, just as he did with wierd camera angles in case of Carol's case overseer.

The point of those scenes was to ruin the good mood as much as possible, beacause for few chapters MC and his beloved girls were living happily and safely, almost like there was no pandemic at all. You dislike those scenes with Emmie not because she was killed, but because you had to watch a horrible, yet realistic, course of events to progress the story further and it ruined your enjoyable feeling of safety and peace. You hate it, because it reminded you of horrible and evil world there is awaiting you outside your window.

I'm really sad Emmie ended up like that. I really hoped what I thought is going to happen is not going to happen. I believed she was really close to the gate of MC's new house, that he could hear her scream when doing daily grounds patrol and ran to the gate to kill the infected through the bars in the last moment as Emmie is climbing up, then clearing enough of spikes and sandbags in order to safely catch her and hug her as long as it would take for her to calm down.
Since someone deleted my post for no reason. I guess the person who did so can't read. Happens too often. oh well.
with that said
I don't care enough to retype all that. SO will tldr
But the idea is, the mc talked with the guy earlier(maybe it was when he met emmie on the road, don't remember fully he talked to emmie or the guy) about him letting Emmie walk alone. foreshadowing that it's not a good idea.
the villagers already got the message that they are not safe when the morons attacked and killed the 7 people on the farm
Killing Emmie was redundant making it even worse.

I only disagree with this specific thing and I don't care about any other deaths in this game so far because they did not matter and where justified it's insane to compare deaths and a game to reality and stuff that has no basis here.
Everyone has a limit and this is crossing mine by leaps and bounds.

The rest of the game has been stellar.

Using the death of a young girl for impact just feels cheap and unnecessary.
It's a very common thing in anime and it's never received well there either, by anyone.
Zombie games don't have to be horror, horror is almost never the focus when it comes to zombie games or zombie related works of any kind in general.
There might be horror elements but it's almost never the focus.

Last edited:

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Since someone deleted my post for no reason. I guess the person who did so can't read. Happens too often. oh well.
with that said
I don't care enough to retype all that. SO will tldr
But the idea is, the mc talked with the guy earlier(maybe it was when he met emmie on the road, don't remember fully he talked to emmie or the guy) about him letting Emmie walk alone. foreshadowing that it's not a good idea.
the villagers already got the message that they are not safe when the morons attacked and killed the 7 people on the farm
Killing Emmie was redundant making it even worse.

I only disagree with this specific thing and I don't care about any other deaths in this game so far because they did not matter and where justified it's insane to compare deaths and a game to reality and stuff that has no basis here.
Everyone has a limit and this is crossing mine by leaps and bounds.

The rest of the game has been stellar.

Using the death of a young girl for impact just feels cheap and unnecessary.
It's a very common thing in anime and it's never received well there either, by anyone.
Zombie games don't have to be horror, horror is almost never the focus when it comes to zombie games or zombie related works of any kind in general.
There might be horror elements but it's almost never the focus.
Looks like our on topic discussion, mainly about Emmie and feelings people had about it, wasn't so "on topic", because it was a reason (at least for my post) to delete around ten of posts. Still I read your orginal post, so there was no need to write another one. Although, you couldn't know that. Anyway, I don't feel like writting it again, cuz it might get deleted again. So, cheers.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In real life sexual intimacy is a relatively common reaction to personal brushes with death. It's a kind of affirmation of life'd continuing despite death's harshness. People's responses are as different as there are people so this particular response hardly applies to everyone, but it is well within reality, and doesn't necessarily say anything about the morality of the characters involved.

7rNEK

Oct 8, 2021
So u happy with that incident ????
I'm happy that there are realistic horror elements in this game, yes. The scene wouldn't have been as effective if Emmie managed to escape from the infected or got rescued at the last second by an act of god. In this story, it's safe to assume that billions of people have brutally lost their lives, therefore, in my humblest opinion, it's only realistic that a little kid wandering in the woods all alone would become one of the casualties when confronted by one of the infected. That doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy seeing little children become zombies and then get killed in front of their families though.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: KnightOwlSC

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I'm happy that there are realistic horror elements in this game, yes. The scene wouldn't have been as effective if Emmie managed to escape from the infected or got rescued at the last second by an act of god. In this story, it's safe to assume that billions of people have brutally lost their lives, therefore, in my humblest opinion, it's only realistic that a little kid wandering in the woods all alone would become one of the casualties when confronted by one of the infected. That doesn't necessarily mean I enjoy seeing little children become zombies and then get killed in front of their families though.
interesting choice of words
realistic horror elements

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cramone

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Obviously her death and the raiding of the farms and the likely attack on the town will be used as a catalyst to improve the over-all security and awareness of the town and it's people.
Right now they seem to be going about their life as if its no big deal, look at how the old cop reacted to hearing the infected earlier with the MC, the MC was concerned immediately but the cop was like "ah its fine, someone will take care of it probably..."

All far too lax.
That girl wasn't even armed, it was stupid.

Just like the MC and main group, they are far too lax right now as well, for example when Naomi was down on the beach unarmed and not aware of her surroundings she got attacked and it was just sheer luck that Carol was there to save her.
They all walk around without their weapons at hand and yet they know that people can just walk in from the beach. [that seriously needs to be fixed if they stay there]

They are all being far too unprepared for danger. This is why that girl had to die, to shock people into getting their act together.

Now why did the girl have to die in stead of the old cop? Because now the Old cop knows the MC can take the hard decisions, its panicked or frozen in the moment.
I'll bet that at some point we'll see the MC being made into some kind of leader, of a militia or something like that to help protect the town.
Since the MC [and his group] don't really bring resources or other practical skills to the table this leadership position will be how they fit in, being some kind of "guard" for the town and in turn getting food .etc because of it.

Its too bad Marshland didn't have a Tesla and home charging station in the garage, that wouldn't helped with the travel situation.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Obviously her death and the raiding of the farms and the likely attack on the town will be used as a catalyst to improve the over-all security and awareness of the town and it's people.
Its too bad Marshland didn't have a Tesla and home charging station in the garage, that wouldn't helped with the travel situation.
I generally agree with your comments. So please take this as observations not a dispute about your comments.

Except they haven't reacted to the raids on the farms. A reaction would be to mobilize not have McCreary out warning those outside of the town. Mobilize as in gear up a few dozen townspeople with appropriate weapons etc and dispatch moderately sized groups of them to key farms as support. Organize some scouts made up of hunters and others with tracking skills to find the raiders. All the action we've seen so far would be appropriate to normal times. Notify everyone of the danger and wait for law enforcement to deal with the problem.

Remember the raiders can't afford to wipe out the farmers. They are a necessary resource for them to take and hold the town. Even modestly reenforced farms are more than capable of inflicting ruinous casualties on the raiders.

While it would be nice, they don't need a Tesla at least for moderate travel. They have a rental car with a dead battery and a home with a fully functional solar powered electrical system, which means lots of DC power. It would be trivial to put together a way to charge the car's battery. Hell it would be trivial to come up with a way to jump start the battery, but probably not worth the gas to use the car's alternator to charge it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightOwlSC

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Right now they seem to be going about their life as if its no big deal, look at how the old cop reacted to hearing the infected earlier with the MC, the MC was concerned immediately but the cop was like "ah its fine, someone will take care of it probably..."

All far too lax.
That girl wasn't even armed, it was stupid.

Just like the MC and main group, they are far too lax right now as well, for example when Naomi was down on the beach unarmed and not aware of her surroundings she got attacked and it was just sheer luck that Carol was there to save her.
They all walk around without their weapons at hand and yet they know that people can just walk in from the beach. [that seriously needs to be fixed if they stay there]

They are all being far too unprepared for danger. This is why that girl had to die, to shock people into getting their act together.

Now why did the girl have to die in stead of the old cop? Because now the Old cop knows the MC can take the hard decisions, its panicked or frozen in the moment.
I'll bet that at some point we'll see the MC being made into some kind of leader, of a militia or something like that to help protect the town.
Since the MC [and his group] don't really bring resources or other practical skills to the table this leadership position will be how they fit in, being some kind of "guard" for the town and in turn getting food .etc because of it.

I get what you're saying BUT I would argue the MC is NOT a good leader.

He has nearly died or lost loved ones due to complacency multiple times. He screwed up by staying at the apartment too long, he screwed up by not identifying the risk of attack at the school early on, he did a tiny bit better at the hotel but barely and then they end up in a nice house and suddenly he's going to drop security measures? Not requiring everyone be armed at all times? Not ensuring the beach entry way gets secured in some manner (traps would be best but hell at the very least copy the barricade from the front gate)? Instead he's running off to redneck town while his own base of operations is not secured? Those are just very shitty command decisions and I sure as hell wouldn't want him running things. If he had been doing the right things then Naomi never would have been in danger since she would have been armed and the intruder would have given himself away when he stepped on some punji sticks and started screaming for dear life.

Honestly, as much as I love the story I kinda have to tack it up to poor writing at this point. You can't have the MC talking about how sheltered Hana is while he's letting people wander around unarmed everywhere. It's just not consistent with what they've gone through in the past. I'm hoping the remaining few updates aren't crap because the author just wants to get this story done.. we don't need another Game of Thrones Season 8..

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Except they haven't reacted to the raids on the farms. A reaction would be to mobilize not have McCreary out warning those outside of the town. Mobilize as in gear up a few dozen townspeople with appropriate weapons etc and dispatch moderately sized groups of them to key farms as support. Organize some scouts made up of hunters and others with tracking skills to find the raiders. All the action we've seen so far would be appropriate to normal times. Notify everyone of the danger and wait for law enforcement to deal with the problem.
Oh.. and this just adds to my view that the writing has taken a turn for the worse on this update. Again, you cannot spend time/energy building up how much military experience exists in this area to just piss it away on everyone sitting around with a thumb up their asses. Hell with that much experience you'd expect there to already be a decent defence/patrol setup before the MC even left the city.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Then .21 shouldn't have ended in that cheap bait cliffhanger it should have shown her already turned sometime after the attack There was no reason to leave it ambiguous if there was only one outcome.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes