masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Well, thanks for spoiling it for people that haven't played yet.
Really should avoid the latest page when new updates come out if you don't want spoilers as people are going to talk about new additions and not everyone is going to put all their thoughts in spoiler tags.

At least play an update first before jumping into the fray.

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
About Emmie ... Her fate was too sad. I wanted her to have a close call instead of dying. :(

About Sydney ... Yay!

About Summerlin ... I was again reminded that bad guys should not mess with Carol! She killed that guy with a bow like it was nothing; the arrows kept flying!

About Hana ... I wish Carol at least got a chance to give her a good slap. Hana had it coming, and Carol has been understanding about the harem and trying to be friendlier. Hana lied and took advantage. I feel like MC and Carol should at least make Hana work a bit more to get another chance. It felt too rushed when Carol immediately said it was ok and Hana was already propositioning the MC again by end of episode.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This update was horrific. I don't mean writing quality either. This was a great update, writing wise. The luck was what was horrifying in this update.

The drama was next level. For the first time, I'll admit Hana went too far. This isn't an Alice situation or even Sydney. She's neither of them and i definitely won't throw my relationship away with Carol for her like i would with those 2. Is it my fault for indulging? You're damn right and i even did it again at the end. After that reveal, there's no telling the outcome so it's best to keep the options open for safe havens. If "that" didn't happen i would've dropped her.

Now on to the one with the worse luck, Emmie. I'll be honest, that didn't bother me at all. It's also kind of their own fault after all those warnings. While i understand the MCs pov, i don't feel outrage or heartbroken at this. I would sing a different, more bitter, tune if it was Sydney. Hell, i was bitter as hell when i thought Alice was gone throughout the first couple of updates.

To this day, i still think the infected threat should be more present. While humans are more dynamic, the infected looming over us is more satisfying for me. We've had nothing but plot armor with every human encounter since the school and it's to the point were it's getting a bit predictable. Doesn't mean i want all out chaos. It's just that there should be some suspense. Should there have been an option to help Emmie? Definitely, options are good.

There's more to be said about above but I'll leave it there. Summerlin deserved everything that happened there. Sutter has to die. My pregnant red head is on the way and everything is going left at an alarming speed. These next updates might be some of the most darkest moments in the game and I'm here for it all. I hope the dev doesn't hold back too much but doesn't go too extreme.

To end this. I get that for others this was too uncalled for and heavy. I would definitely be right there if it was any of my waifus. Mainly a certain blond milf, who might be having a 3rd child or my red head, who's going to be a milf soon. But it wasn't and it's hard for me to feel anything for a character i wasn't close to. I do hope the dev includes options for future scenarios. I won't be a hypocrite. I'll definitely be in agreement with everyone if it was either of those 2 so i fully support more options over no options.

Now, I'm going to go back and play some more. I think i might revert from my Naomi thing. This update hit a bit too close. So I'll go back and romance her again. There might be more drama but this feels way too cruel after the Hana thing and that close call. I won't start all the way over though. Probably right before the last rejection as this game is very long.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for an excellent and timely update!

With regard to Emmie. Her death is on her grandfather. Letting her travel outside of town on her own is unbelievably irresponsible. The risk from the infected and, given the total lack of law enforcement, random strangers to an unaccompanied young girl is obvious. It makes me wonder if McCreary has the slightest appreciation how life has changed.

I was surprised that McCreary didn't recognize Summerlin's name. Summerlin was living in town and socializing with town's people to gather intel. Given the care that McCreary showed when first meeting the MC it seems very unlikely that he wouldn't have checked out Summerlin, or that other town's people wouldn't have mentioned his name to McCreary.

IMHO it's premature for them to move into town. Any appearance of security offered by the town is an illusion. As demonstrated by the presence and actions of the raiders, the town is a target to be exploited. At this point they are safer staying under the radar. It was also foolish to unblock the gate. That demonstrates to anyone who's walked by before that someone is there.

I want to thank Kinderfield for bringing Sidney back into the story. I've been missing her.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Some of us came here to get help with save bugs because we *couldn't* play first. So thanks for that.
What's your save problem?
If you played with mods well those mods probably need updated. Mentioning what mods you used would also help.
If you saved after the point of no return em the message tells you to roll back before that point.
Have you tried seeing if any of the Auto Saves work?
Perhaps post a message about any error messages you received.
You could even upload a problematic save, someone might be able to load it or figure out what's wrong with it.

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
About Hana ... I wish Carol at least got a chance to give her a good slap. Hana had it coming, and Carol has been understanding about the harem and trying to be friendlier. Hana lied and took advantage. I feel like MC and Carol should at least make Hana work a bit more to get another chance. It felt too rushed when Carol immediately said it was ok and Hana was already propositioning the MC again by end of episode.
Agreed. Normally the actions of the character feel (emotionally) plausible, but not this time. This shouldn't have been resolved so quickly. Also, the way declining Hana at the end is presented, it plays like "never again", rather than "not yet". It feels like there should be a middle ground there which would be more realistic.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
A slap? More like a right cross to the chin. Hell she started out promising to shoot her. Once she let of her temper, Carol wouldn't stop at a slap. Which is why the MC cooled her off.

Reactions: IndigoHawk

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Agreed. Normally the actions of the character feel (emotionally) plausible, but not this time. This shouldn't have been resolved so quickly. Also, the way declining Hana at the end is presented, it plays like "never again", rather than "not yet". It feels like there should be a middle ground there which would be more realistic.
Her interactions and reactions to date demonstrate that Hana Doesn't have much of a middle ground in her personality or how she deals with others. Have her react to being told not by shutting the relationship down is consistent with the Hana we've seen since her introduction to the story.

Reactions: longsuper1

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
yep, pretty dark one this chapter is. it's good as always, but still grim.
and I think that our deal with Hana was pretty rushed imo
looking forward for the new updates! Thx Kinderfeld

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
About Emmie ... Her fate was too sad. I wanted her to have a close call instead of dying. :(

About Sydney ... Yay!

About Summerlin ... I was again reminded that bad guys should not mess with Carol! She killed that guy with a bow like it was nothing; the arrows kept flying!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ezvr96

Aug 27, 2018
Her interactions and reactions to date demonstrate that Hana Doesn't have much of a middle ground in her personality or how she deals with others. Have her react to being told not by shutting the relationship down is consistent with the Hana we've seen since her introduction to the story.
It isn't Hana's behavior that I'm complaining about. My problem is with how fast Carol gives Hana the green light afterwards (before even talking with Jack about him wanting it) and with how Jack's choices at the end are "Sure. It was a fun time when we did it before. So, why not?" or "I think not. It was a fun time, once, but I don't think I'll be taking that chance again." There should be a middle ground of "Maybe after we rebuild trust". Of course anything could happen in the future, but in this scene it is presented as Jack cutting if off permanently.

Let me just add that the miss here is only worth noting because the characters are normally very well motivated. In a more average game I'd just ignore this and move on.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes