UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It isn't Hana's behavior that I'm complaining about. My problem is with how fast Carol gives Hana the green light afterwards (before even talking with Jack about him wanting it) and with how Jack's choices at the end are "Sure. It was a fun time when we did it before. So, why not?" or "I think not. It was a fun time, once, but I don't think I'll be taking that chance again." There should be a middle ground of "Maybe after we rebuild trust". Of course anything could happen in the future, but in this scene it is presented as Jack cutting if off permanently.
I understand your frustration. But Hana's personality doesn't allow the third option you're looking for. Hana doesn't have a middle ground. As I see it. The story has come to a point where either, by some mechanism Hana stays as part of the group, or they split leaving her behind. If that were not the case then the MC could shut her down and at some future point relationships could be mended. But at this point in the story, if Hana is rejected and shuts things it's highly unlikely that there will be an opportunity to mend things.

Stepping outside the story, we've been told that Kinderfeld is wrapping this up. Not a lot of time left. Unless that changes there isn't going to be much future for alternative to occur. So at this point we're offered two choices, keep Hana or lose Hana. I agree that a third option would have been nice, but time waits for no one.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Kinderfeld

Hi, there seems to be a typo in the name at the first encounter with the all-female survivor group.
Cassie is miss-labeled as "Carrie" in at least 2 lines of dialogue, which I think is why some people are confused in relation to killing her later on and her relation to Hana since Hana's sister is named Carrie.

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Just FYI.

• Hey there
Reactions: sava75

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Laughing at bitching at Kinderfeld over this update and Emmie's death. What did you expect in a post societal collapse doomsday scenario world? Truthfully not enough people have died, and the game isnt as dark as it should be. Sure it would have been nice to save Emmie, or raise her if her Grandfather died saving her, or have her befriend Naomi and Carol, but this death was heavily foreshadowed (intentionally or not) with the unnecessary scenes of Emmie traveling alone in the woods. She was an idiot and so was her Grandfather tbh.

Looking forward to the next chapter. I wonder if we are approaching the end game content now. Hoping Sydney and Jullie make it safely to everyone else. The kid needs to go, probably with Jullie. I dont see any main people getting killed off just yet. Kinderfeld should go two main routes for the end game. A nice one for the babies and a more realistic full Game of Thrones kill everyone off ending haha.

Carol getting over what Hanna did about lying to the MC baiting him into sex was a bit rushed. MC getting back into it with Hanna after Carol ok'ing it also seemed rushed. I dont mind it happening but should have fleshed out those conversations more. I do like Hanna though, and understand why she is the way she is.

Last edited by a moderator:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
This update showed perfectly why I don't financially support games that are still in development.

Emmy's death was just a cheap way to have more drama in the game and it was a stupid one. As someone else said previously I wouldn't have a problem if the Dev killed McCreary either while finding and protecting Emmy or when the inevitable fight for the town comes but this was in my opinion just another fuck up to create drama.

Maybe I will continue to play the game but it's more likely that I will drop it.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
While I regretted Emmie dying, especially the way she did, I wasn't emotionally invested in her enough for it to REALLY hit that hard other than that she was a sweet kid. As usual, the only bad thing about Now and Then is that the update is done and I want more!!! I'm both happy and sad that the game appears to be winding down to an end. I hope the Dev has some good ideas for a new game following the Now and Then inevitable conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
There wasn't that much storywise invested in Emmie, but i just always feel bad when innocent kids get hurt or killed. I'm just wired to feel that strongly i guess. But about MC having sex so soon after Emmie's death, it's pretty much normal psychological response to grief and other bad feelings of the kind.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
There wasn't that much storywise invested in Emmie, but i just always feel bad when innocent kids get hurt or killed. I'm just wired to feel that strongly i guess. But about MC having sex so soon after Emmie's death, it's pretty much normal psychological response to grief and other bad feelings of the kind.
True, But I don't even know if I will play more of this game after that. Pretty much the only thing that makes me stop watching/reading animes/mangas/movies/play games etc is when they kill children off like that for no good reason. There might be a reason, but you can't convince me it was a good one. Just puts me in a mood that just isn't enjoyable.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
IMHO it's premature for them to move into town. Any appearance of security offered by the town is an illusion. As demonstrated by the presence and actions of the raiders, the town is a target to be exploited. At this point they are safer staying under the radar. It was also foolish to unblock the gate. That demonstrates to anyone who's walked by before that someone is there.
I also thought that when I played that part, but the ending of the update made thing bit different.
The shootings at the vicinity might be Julia and Sydney who come to the gate, chased by the bandits, and it might be essential for the story that gate is cleared, so that they can come inside fast.

May 14, 2020
So u happy with that incident ????
As I understand it he isn't "happy" but just prefers the realism. I mean it is a zombie horror adult game, if nothing like this happened it wouldn't fit horror imo.

Also Emmie was in just a few scenes, get over it jeez. I understand feeling emotions during/after the scene but why would you quit over it. I mean the woman from the adoption agency is dead as well (forgot her name), why wasn't that as big of an issue.

The first time we saw Emmie out alone it should have already been pretty clear tbh.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
As I understand it he isn't "happy" but just prefers the realism. I mean it is a zombie horror adult game, if nothing like this happened it wouldn't fit horror imo.

Also Emmie was in just a few scenes, get over it jeez. I understand feeling emotions during/after the scene but why would you quit over it. I mean the woman from the adoption agency is dead as well (forgot her name), why wasn't that as big of an issue.

The first time we saw Emmie out alone it should have already been pretty clear tbh.
I kinda expected that some bandit kills the zombie & kidnaps her. But this is too much

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Now i am sad. Developer should have avoided that. Why developer why
Thinking about uninstalling the game.
I'm not uninstalling the game that's a bit drastic, but I agree with you about Emmie. This was a bad choice for the writer imho.

After that cliff-hanger ending it was really disappointing to find she had died. Along with most I was hoping she got away, dodged him and found a place to hide or maybe climbed a tree and spent the night waiting for her gandpa and MC to find her. We already know this world is brutal, there was no need to kill that child to prove it.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
True, But I don't even know if I will play more of this game after that. Pretty much the only thing that makes me stop watching/reading animes/mangas/movies/play games etc is when they kill children off like that for no good reason. There might be a reason, but you can't convince me it was a good one. Just puts me in a mood that just isn't enjoyable.
Now i am sad. Developer should have avoided that. Why developer why
Thinking about uninstalling the game.
It's not a sit-com, but a horror game. It has to make you uneasy, to make you affraid of next scenes, not to make the gameplay enjoyable to jerk off.

The things developer did weren't great, weren't nice, were pretty realistic to what people would do, to what would happened in a such situations, because smillar things are happening as we write our comments. And he have balls to show it, although sometimes he prefers to spares us the details.

Woman overseeing Carol's case killed herself because of pandemic. She prefered to be dead than live in such chaos. People are killing themself all the time, you're not complaining about it.

People are killing other people, most of the time because of stupid reasons. MC killed bandits who raided the school. One of those bandits was a guy who Carol and Naomi knew, a guy who a year eariler would be a minior. A idiot, with a reason to rape the girls, yet you played the game, probably even without complaining about MC killing a guy who was but a kid with ID.

Do you really thing Emmie, a small, unfit girl with sneakers, could outrun a zombie-runner through the woods? Or maybe a knight in shining armor, MC probably, would show up to save her in the last second? That's not realistic, that's a fairy tale.
But maybe I don't know, maybe I'm just wrong, just as thousands of kids working as slaves, being raped by adults, waiting for thier hero to save them. Why Emmie should be the one lucky one to be saved? Because we saw but a few scenes with her? Those few scenes of her alone, walking, a long road, with the knowledge of bandits and infected being around?

What would happened with Emmie would be way worst that it was shown. Infected would catch her and press to the ground, ripped her clothes in order to get to meat and then start bitting her everywere until she die in the sound of her crying and yelling for help. Instead of Emmie in clothes we should see a grotesque image of semi-clothed kid with bitting marks and blood all over her. Dev spared us such a view, because of legal reasons, engine limitations and grotesque view, just as he did with wierd camera angles in case of Carol's case overseer.

The point of those scenes was to ruin the good mood as much as possible, beacause for few chapters MC and his beloved girls were living happily and safely, almost like there was no pandemic at all. You dislike those scenes with Emmie not because she was killed, but because you had to watch a horrible, yet realistic, course of events to progress the story further and it ruined your enjoyable feeling of safety and peace. You hate it, because it reminded you of horrible and evil world there is awaiting you outside your window.

I'm really sad Emmie ended up like that. I really hoped what I thought is going to happen is not going to happen. I believed she was really close to the gate of MC's new house, that he could hear her scream when doing daily grounds patrol and ran to the gate to kill the infected through the bars in the last moment as Emmie is climbing up, then clearing enough of spikes and sandbags in order to safely catch her and hug her as long as it would take for her to calm down.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes