punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I get your points and agree with some of them, and I just have 1 question/comment. At this point in the game, would it not be hard to make the zombies the main antagonists again? We are in the country (so little population for zombies to infect) and wouldn't most of the zombies be dead already due to the elements or starvation? That is my thinking as to why we get human vs human after awhile in zombie related media.
There not really zombies though just infected humans. The infection passes through blood and saliva, I think? What do they even do to people just beat them to death? I don't think they've shown them biting anyone.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I get your points and agree with some of them, and I just have 1 question/comment. At this point in the game, would it not be hard to make the zombies the main antagonists again? We are in the country (so little population for zombies to infect) and wouldn't most of the zombies be dead already due to the elements or starvation? That is my thinking as to why we get human vs human after awhile in zombie related media.
No the reason for human vs human is because its easier to generate new drama, if the zombies are the only threat it lose on the drama because their are only so many ways zombies could be a problem, so they introduce human issues to keep things rolling for as long as they want to keep the story going. The problem is the point where humans should possibly turn on each others is much further down the line, after the zombie threat have all been eliminated.

So long as their are zombies around humans will naturally align themselves together against the zombies, its how it normally work, see people often need an antagonistic in their lives, in normal life it takes the form of people different from themselves, be it race, gender, religion, culture or social class, most people have a opposing force they gather against.

The thing is in the case of a zombie apocalypse scenario humans are fed a very easy target for their negative emotions, namely zombies, people will rally together against the most 'different' force to themselves, and zombies act as a force completely outside of the humanity to act as a rallying force for mankind. Same thing for any scenario where some inhuman force is at play for humans to easily rally against.

The point where humans would turn against each others is when that unifying force as all but been eliminated, when humans are free to contemplate once again the differences they have with each others. Now don't get me wrong you could have some evil assholes around but it wouldn't be anywhere near seemingly the majority of people, which is the case here, EVERYONE outside the main group either exist to suffer and die or to be enemies, I am sure everyone from that quaint little town the main group currently live next too are going to die or be enslaved by bandits, because they act as a mean to an end, namely to get the main group to fuck off somewhere else... again... and again... and again.

Its insanity, the threat is obviously not over yet, it hasn't been that long, however everyone act as if zombies didn't exist, and zombies only were brought back on the table to give us a hit of drama before the big bullshit with the bandits, to remind us that it was supposed to be an actual fucking problem that hadn't been an issue in ages somehow.

The Devs seem to be dedicated into running this story into the ground with a perpetual stream of drama, depression and hopelessness, all the while being a sex fucking galore... WTF?! It seem they are trying to induce a depression boner in everyone. It feel like the story is perpetually running in the black, for every step forward two steps are taken back, it strive on just making us feel horny, yet depressed and miserable, it never cut us some slack to really appreciate any positive feeling outside of sex. It seem if sex isn't involved it can't allow for anything positive to happen, only bad stuff, and at one point it has to stop, but they don't even if it inevitably drive off people because its absurdly negative outside of the tons of sex.

• Angry
Reactions: Lord Soth

Daniel4569

Jul 24, 2020
1637741619763.png
I got this error everytime i load my last save file from previous version in the latest version.
Please guide me i have to play from the beginning in every new update?????

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
God damn ILSProductions ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(n):sick:(n)

It´s going that direction? Like those fu%&ing moron writers from "Walking Death" ... I stopped seeing this show as soon as they got to that humans against humans in an zombie apokalypse world ..... so disapponting .... *buuuuhhhhh*
If not even the army could kill the zombies ... as a group of 4 people, whose only objective was to find a "safe" place to live ... will they do something on that side? They are obviously not looking for a cure ... just to survive, now that they are "safe" in the mansion they were obviously going to concentrate on other issues until they had to leave the place. Already from chapter 4 where those who gave more problems were the humans, one realizes where this is going, something similar happened when they settled in the school ... it seems that the final settlement will be the town, because there is not much left then for the denouement ...

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
I agree with that. It probably was not the best idea to end off like that since people will be disappointed now, but it is a work in progress game.
Well when the day passes after showing you the last scene and they do not mention it to you because there were only two possible results or it was captured or infected ... in fact, due to the age I assume that captured would not have been pleasant to see, so it was infected a natural ending ...

Nov 23, 2020
This is gonna get good with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Although I fear for the developer making it into the walking dead with the intro to the bandits. Maybe a mutation among zombies such as runners or something to keep it solely based on the zombies with the human conflict on the side. Good update though

Reactions: FunFuntomes and jxd

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
No the reason for human vs human is because its easier to generate new drama, if the zombies are the only threat it lose on the drama because their are only so many ways zombies could be a problem, so they introduce human issues to keep things rolling for as long as they want to keep the story going. The problem is the point where humans should possibly turn on each others is much further down the line, after the zombie threat have all been eliminated.

So long as their are zombies around humans will naturally align themselves together against the zombies, its how it normally work, see people often need an antagonistic in their lives, in normal life it takes the form of people different from themselves, be it race, gender, religion, culture or social class, most people have a opposing force they gather against.

The thing is in the case of a zombie apocalypse scenario humans are fed a very easy target for their negative emotions, namely zombies, people will rally together against the most 'different' force to themselves, and zombies act as a force completely outside of the humanity to act as a rallying force for mankind. Same thing for any scenario where some inhuman force is at play for humans to easily rally against.

The point where humans would turn against each others is when that unifying force as all but been eliminated, when humans are free to contemplate once again the differences they have with each others. Now don't get me wrong you could have some evil assholes around but it wouldn't be anywhere near seemingly the majority of people, which is the case here, EVERYONE outside the main group either exist to suffer and die or to be enemies, I am sure everyone from that quaint little town the main group currently live next too are going to die or be enslaved by bandits, because they act as a mean to an end, namely to get the main group to fuck off somewhere else... again... and again... and again.

Its insanity, the threat is obviously not over yet, it hasn't been that long, however everyone act as if zombies didn't exist, and zombies only were brought back on the table to give us a hit of drama before the big bullshit with the bandits, to remind us that it was supposed to be an actual fucking problem that hadn't been an issue in ages somehow.

The Devs seem to be dedicated into running this story into the ground with a perpetual stream of drama, depression and hopelessness, all the while being a sex fucking galore... WTF?! It seem they are trying to induce a depression boner in everyone. It feel like the story is perpetually running in the black, for every step forward two steps are taken back, it strive on just making us feel horny, yet depressed and miserable, it never cut us some slack to really appreciate any positive feeling outside of sex. It seem if sex isn't involved it can't allow for anything positive to happen, only bad stuff, and at one point it has to stop, but they don't even if it inevitably drive off people because its absurdly negative outside of the tons of sex.
Well, what you mention in part does not apply so much to the "current area", that is, not many zombies were shown, so the current threat became the "humans".

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
Kinderfeld : hi, I discovered the game last month and enjoyed it very much, storywise and art-wise.

I just have 2 things that I really would advise to change because they are way too repetitive and they seem to set a trend that I don't get if it's to please the guys playing the game or the author himself:
  • during sex scenes, in the majority of the latest chapters the MC always, always, always finishes after the girl, like he's some sex god and they are weak; reality is vastly different, some variety would be nice
  • I read too many times "don't let me stop you" or a variation of it; really, can't the MC say anything else?

zerozip0

May 23, 2018

Even though the topic is really fascinating I will try to be brief.

Humans have disagreed with each other since the dawn of time. So naturally drama between humans is inevitable.
In general drama content involves the basics of tribal politics:
Tribe/person A oppose Tribe/person B. Either they work out a deal or one side obtain enough power for the other side not to be an issue anymore. When this happens in tribes the tribe now lack an opponent and they might search for one within their own tribe. Conjuring forth a new outside enemy is a good strategy when one wants to keep the tribe united instead of dividing it.
Or to put it simply: The "Me/Us versus you/them" mentality/politics has enabled many rulers to stay in power.

The situation in "Now and Then" follows this pattern, but so does the tv series "The Walking Dead".
A lot of the drama tv series with multiple seasons rarely keep the same opposing tribe for more than a season.

Anyway to not go too off topic I will end this post soon.

In my opinion "Tribal Politics" is a really interresting and relevant subject to this day.
It is related to other interresting subjects such as Identity and Symbology. I can only recommend looking into it! :geek:

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Mod crashes again when loading saves from the previous version, any way around it? Its a bit annoying to have to ctrl through everything every update since its getting bigger and bigger

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes