ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
ch 25 "on the Kitchen table" says the Gallery when u have sex with sydney after firefight there is a line in txt missing only text031 shows short bug ???

Last edited:

anomic

Jan 31, 2018
I haven't read back through the thread, but is there some kind of chapter skip glitch that is a known issue? Carol and the MC are sudden mad at a side character for lying to him, leading to the MC sleeping with her when that has never happened. I'm a bit puzzled by this.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I haven't read back through the thread, but is there some kind of chapter skip glitch that is a known issue? Carol and the MC are sudden mad at a side character for lying to him, leading to the MC sleeping with her when that has never happened. I'm a bit puzzled by this.
Are you using the mod?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
No, I am not using any mods. I took a look at the official walkthrough and it looks like it didn't skip a chapter, it just skipped an event or something.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are a few areas where you won't get content based on your low score. However I don't remember that being one of them. If you missed the content, then everything gets pissy with you for that, without the mod - that shouldn't happen. However I am brain dead at the moment and might be mis-remembering something.

And technically - my walkthrough is not official - just a fan made one. The Dev has nothing to do with it outside of letting me see the code a little early so they can distribute it with the game to Patreon's, as they like what I have done.

Let me know if there are mistakes and I can correct.

erkper

May 16, 2018
No, I am not using any mods. I took a look at the official walkthrough and it looks like it didn't skip a chapter, it just skipped an event or something.
There is a scene where Hana tries to sleep with MC. If you turn Hana down, you still have a scene with Carol where you are both pissed at Hana for lying about asking Carol when she attempts to seduce you. Is that what you saw? When I had that scene I had to roll it back and play through it again just to make sure I understood what was happening, because it felt like Carol was pissed Hana DID sleep with you, it took a second read-through for me to pick up she was just pissed Hana lied when she TRIED TO sleep with MC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

anomic

Jan 31, 2018
It appears that might be the case.
It was just confusing. Not a game breaking deal, really. I was just puzzled by what happened for a bit. Kind of a misstep in the writing, I suppose, to not have it addressed more smoothly. Still a really great game overall so far. I usually disregard games that use Illusion models these days, but I'm glad I've given this one a shot.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The third act is planned (I say that because I haven't gotten to that point yet) to be an outro focused on Jack and the main lover, with a single scene of them looking forward to their new life.
Don't you mean lovers? My Jack is sharing the love all around. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
As an FYI - I completely re-wrote massive parts of my Walk-through and spent like 8 hours re-writing the document. Since there are over 170 possible endings, I am not going to enumerate each combination. I instead told you how to get each one of the possible endings for each girl, and changed the "question choices" in each of the previous 25 chapters to just show you the points and major plot points, and Red now means "Game Over". It is up to the reader now to decide their own destiny and variations of outcomes. Dev will announce release dates - and I looked at a pre-production release so I could figure out how everything works.

Not saying more - just giving an FYI - so people can get the "but you don't tell me step by step anymore" out of their system.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Now & Then Epilogues/Endings Update #3 and release schedule
And here we are. At the finish line (sort of). The Endings/Epilogues episode (0.26.0) is primed to be released. I'm just waiting for the last of the files to finish uploading. By now, there's not a lot to say. We've all gotten to this point together. I only hope you enjoy the results of your choices throughout the journey.

If you haven't seen my comments on Twitter or Discord, do know that this won't be the final release for Now & Then. There are plans for a Final version down the line. We'll shift main focus on The Interim Domain (after like a few days break), but in the background we'll be working on pulling together the final build.

This release will be a re-coding of the game in a way I wish I'd done from the beginning (back when I had NO knowledge of Ren'py). It'll include some re-shoots and rewritten scenes, extra animations in a few scenes, a chapter select so you can restart later in the game, and an outtakes galley with shots and scenes that didn't make it in the main game.

But for now, let's just enjoy getting to the end of the game as it is.

Here's the release schedule for 0.26.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - March 26, 2022
Tier 2 -
March 28, 2022
Tier 1 -
March 30, 2022
Public -
March 31, 2022
Change Log 0.26.0
  • Added Endings content
  • Fixed missing lines in Sydney's love scene in Ch25
Thanks for your patronage and hope you enjoy,
- Kinderfeld

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I tried to hold back until the final update but i couldn't resist anymore(I legit couldn't wait a few more days lol). I had mixed feelings all throughout. I'm happy the Dev finished the game and told the story as well as they did. I'm sad though, because this is really it and after playing the game, since nearly the beginning, it feels like there's a hole that's going to be left. All good things do come to an end and I'll definitely be playing this for months and even years to come, every now and then.

Getting into this update, I'll say from the jump, Alice and Sydney were the stars for me. I can absolutely say that they'll go down as my favorite Love Interests in the game. Loved everything about their entire characters. Things with Sydney could've easily took a turn for worse with her mental state. Alice, as well, nearly broke from her own grief. Plus can't forget the sex scenes. Boy, their bodies just hit different compared to Naomi and Carol. I hope in the final update they're both carrying my children.

When it came to the house invasion, it was pretty, how should i say this? Unnecessary? Like, we already knew how it was going to end, plot armor and all, but i didn't see the point besides having a reason for Hana to also leave the house. If there was one thing i didn't like as much this update, it would probably have been this part. It went exactly how, probably, everyone thought it would and for me, it felt pointless.

To close, I'll say this is the most solemn i felt playing this game. That ending with Carol by the window and seeing time progress really did give off that feeling like "here, we've reached the end". Oh, my points were also messed up, again. This happens to me every other update. Even though I've never used a walkthrough mod. Last i remember, Sydney and Alice were neck and neck so one of those two are at the top with Hana or Carol in third.

Now, the endings. I'm curious how all of this is going to work and how many branches it's going to have. For example, i didn't romance Naomi on this save. Is that's going to be shown? What if i neglected Carol in the late game, if that's even possible, but full on romanced Naomi? Will that factor in as well? I guess we'll find out soon. When this epilogue come out I'm going to go back and try it all out.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
View attachment 1722626

And here we are. At the finish line (sort of). The Endings/Epilogues episode (0.26.0) is primed to be released. I'm just waiting for the last of the files to finish uploading. By now, there's not a lot to say. We've all gotten to this point together. I only hope you enjoy the results of your choices throughout the journey.

If you haven't seen my comments on Twitter or Discord, do know that this won't be the final release for Now & Then. There are plans for a Final version down the line. We'll shift main focus on The Interim Domain (after like a few days break), but in the background we'll be working on pulling together the final build.

This release will be a re-coding of the game in a way I wish I'd done from the beginning (back when I had NO knowledge of Ren'py). It'll include some re-shoots and rewritten scenes, extra animations in a few scenes, a chapter select so you can restart later in the game, and an outtakes galley with shots and scenes that didn't make it in the main game.

Here's the release schedule for 0.26.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - March 26, 2022
Tier 2 - March 28, 2022
Tier 1 - March 30, 2022
Public - March 31, 2022
Change Log 0.26.0
  • Added Endings content
- Kinderfeld
This is good news but.. I kind of dont want this game to end. By far one of my favorites. But its exciting to think what Kinderfeld will create next now that he has the experience, and will be able to use all the new Honeyselect assets and improved graphics (assuming he sticks to honeyselect) sort of like how Caribdis did once he finished Once in a Lifetime and released Eternum. The comparison might not be exactly equal but the point is both are not held back by their initial release and can now move on to a larger broader project and use all their new experience instead of being locked down by their original project. I guess they could just go the remake route which sadly many devs seem to do.. some even repeatedly lmao.

But anyway, I am both excited and kind of sad. Still, I am very excited for Kinderfeld. This game has been favorite to play and something to look forward to each month more so than anything else.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
View attachment 1722626

Tier 3 - March 26, 2022
Tier 2 - March 28, 2022
Tier 1 - March 30, 2022
Public - March 31, 2022
Change Log 0.26.0
  • Added Endings content
- Kinderfeld
While I look forward to the final update, it's so damn sad this excellent tale has to come to an end. Heartbreaking really.

Themyschiron

Feb 19, 2022
Thank you devs for this experience. I've been hooked on this game for the last 2~3 days. Took it up for the models and the scenes, but i ended up almost skipping them near the end because i took a liking to some characters (Carol, Naomi and Sydney particularly). You guys also made a great job with the MC, although i suspect that it's because I found myself laughing at all of his puns / references.

Storywise kinda felt like a lighter version of TLOU 1 -well with the obvious mature/kink twist - and it worked well enough for me despite being a relatively common set up. The occasional emotional roller coaster are brought well enough to bring a bit of suspense and drama.

Gamedesign wise, I like the fact that the choices you make here and there are still referred later in the game, although I wonder about the number of endings availaible.

Definitly waiting for the wrap up of my story line, and hoping that you guys will make another game of this caliber !

Themyschiron

Feb 19, 2022
Couldn't wait a few days for the final release so subscribed to Patreon to get the epilogues as soon as possible - and I genuinely think that the devs earned it, so imma stick around for their next project !-.

Again, great experience. Epilogue felt bittersweet, but the good kind. The kind you get because you know you had a good time but it's time to let go and move on. I usually don't replay through games if the endings I got satisfy me, but i'll admit that unlocking new scenes for the next playthrough make it alluring !

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes