Lunasmeow

Jul 22, 2017
Started this, enjoyed it but holy hell is it preachy. Most of the time it's okay, but whenever the MC needs to explain his position on sex and sexuality...

It's like the author thinks every religious person has to be this overexaggerated stereotype, and that the only way to not be that is to swing the pendulum the *entire* opposite direction. I'm an atheist that grew up in a literal cult and I know not every religious person or boomer is thinking "all women must be breeders" or that sex is alwas bad.

There is space between "wear anything you want outsie, including just your nightie" and "be super conservative, hide your ankles!" Has this person ever met real religious people, conservatives, centrists, liberals with some conservative values or what? Do they only know extreme far leftists and so believe anyone not that is supremely far right insanity?

Too strong of a preechy vibe ruins an otherwise interesting story. There's enough of this nonsense strawmanning in real life to deal with.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Started this, enjoyed it but holy hell is it preachy. Most of the time it's okay, but whenever the MC needs to explain his position on sex and sexuality...

It's like the author thinks every religious person has to be this overexaggerated stereotype, and that the only way to not be that is to swing the pendulum the *entire* opposite direction. I'm an atheist that grew up in a literal cult and I know not every religious person or boomer is thinking "all women must be breeders" or that sex is alwas bad.

There is space between "wear anything you want outsie, including just your nightie" and "be super conservative, hide your ankles!" Has this person ever met real religious people, conservatives, centrists, liberals with some conservative values or what? Do they only know extreme far leftists and so believe anyone not that is supremely far right insanity?

Too strong of a preechy vibe ruins an otherwise interesting story. There's enough of this nonsense strawmanning in real life to deal with.
He's rationalizing his new relationship with Carol. Even if they aren't blood related they have been living like Father-Daughter for years. Carol has a hard on for the MC since years ago but the MC didn't until now.

Reactions: longsuper1

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020

I disagree with it ruining the story, but I get where you're coming from. Once you get past the first third or so most of that stuff is over and done with so you'll probably enjoy it more from there.

Amitiel

Feb 17, 2020

It's a tricky writing area. It's supposed to be a "realistic" story. And, realistically, a Humbert Humbert-type story, where the protaganist has deluded himself into thinking that the girl(s) around him are in love with him and not acting out of pressure/their own immaturity, is actually the most likely and realistic story that would occur in this type of situation. Because it's not meant to be a story along those lines, where the audience is encouraged to dislike them the impetus is to try and portray the main character in a favourable light however you can and contrast that against what you perceive to be unfavourable, which inevitably will mirror the author's own personal opinions. The game also, as much as the writing is interesting, doesn't try to significantly delve into grey areas and even when those issues are superficially presented, e.g.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
they are swiftly resolved with clear signposts on whether they're "good" or "bad", i.e.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's an interesting story, but not one I'd suggest to read too deeply into.

Martin der Letzte

Dec 11, 2021
Dear developer,
from the bottom of my heart: i hate you.
First of all you made me read a storry about zombies.
Not only zombies but the type of undead i hate the most.
Fast as fuck "28 days later" - infected.
I´m spending most of my free evening by reading your VN.
The way your charakters develop are very belivable.
A lot of the storry is predictable, but that makes it even more captivating.
Some of your renders gave me these "now-they´re-fucked" - vibes.
(Especiali the hallway of the school which serves as transition between evening and morning. A foggy, red, dark hallway in an empty school is never reassuring.)
Reading your storry fills my heart with childlike joy and happines and i hope that you contine your path.
Thank you

runz

Mar 3, 2018
There's also zombie story like this game i play, 2 girls and 1 boy I forgot the name of that game:unsure: :unsure:

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Just wanted to start by saying I've really enjoyed playing this & I'm sad it will be ending soon. :cry:

I enjoyed the emotional journey, the humor, and even the sometimes-preachy conclusions/debates they have.
(without being overly-so)

I also liked the extra details, particularly a few near the start
(like searching other apartments,
the fact that his beloved muscle car is actually too loud and draws all the zombies to them so he can't afford to use it too much for that reason alone - let alone the fuel.
And even when the power starts failing and they have to spend all day cooking all the meat they've got & preserving it so it won't go off before the power dies completely.
They were all nice touches - I hope not too spoilery?)

So, I'm glad other people enjoyed it and if ILS is on here, congrats on making the game, and I look forward to whatever you choose to make afterwards. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
* btw - the textbox fits the 'theme' of the game/gui just fine, it just got in the way/blocked too much for my taste.

Now, what I wanted to ask : (I loved everything about this game except for the damn textbox covering the bottom of the screen! I know, it's on almost every game - but this one annoyed the shit out of me - too dark from memory)
* Does anyone have a mod to make the textbox more-seethrough or invisible - one that they are sure will work with this particular game? :unsure:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
* btw - the textbox fits the 'theme' of the game/gui just fine, it just got in the way/blocked too much for my taste.

Now, what I wanted to ask : (I loved everything about this game except for the damn textbox covering the bottom of the screen! I know, it's on almost every game - but this one annoyed the shit out of me - too dark from memory)
* Does anyone have a mod to make the textbox more-seethrough or invisible - one that they are sure will work with this particular game? :unsure:
Here, created by Penfold Mole, so if you like it maybe give him a like. :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/

Reactions: namelessone22

erkper

May 16, 2018
Is high "nerve" good or bad?
Generally bad-ish, but afaik nothing that will kill your game. There are plenty of times nerve makes a minor dialog change, but only a few examples I know of where a scene changes depending on a character's nerve score. Most of them revolve around Carol or Naomi handle themselves when threatened by bandits or infected. High nerve, they fail their task and someone else does the job for them. Low nerve, they get the job done.

Reactions: Dunner and Antera

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner (1).jpg

Epilogues/Endings (0.26.0) Update #2
SPOILER WARNING. There are image and potential content spoilers here, so back away if you want to go in blind.

Thus endeth the Spoiler Warning. Thou hast been warned-eth.

All right, we're somewhere in the middle of the development cycle for the Endings/Epilogue for Now & Then. I say that in loose terms because we've been working on this content for months now, and let me tell you if we hadn't, we'd be nowhere near where we are now.

This one is a strange duck. I know I like to say something like that with every update, but this one in particular did not follow the usual build process of having 16-18 scenes with a handful of love scenes and a major event to focus on. It's broken into three acts, where the first covers the days/weeks after Chapter 25 as a large overview customized to your situation. Act two focuses on Jack's relationships with each of the main girls and has the real meat of the release. To give you an idea of the volume of content, here is what the ending unlockable gallery looks like.

Be advised, some of these are variations, but the variants are vastly different enough that you will want to play them to see what changes.

The third act is planned (I say that because I haven't gotten to that point yet) to be an outro focused on Jack and the main lover, with a single scene of them looking forward to their new life. Right now, we're deep in the variations of some of these scenes, trying to line up continuity as the code dances from one sequence to another through a bit of code that may not be elegant but works. Right now. It's probably the most complex arrangement of scenes to be found in the game to date.

Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes