DthVader

Oct 17, 2017
Does anyon know how to fix saves in the game? Or is it just me?

P.S.: It's not hte only game I'm having trouble with saving, but some work just fine.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
You chose the word horror. Then in your examples provided wounds that were minor not horrible. It's unreasonable for you to base your counter argument on such reframing.

I must point out that a blast of glass shards to the head is likely to blind and do eye damage. If nothing else she'd be scarred. No plastic surgeons around to remove the scars. Forget about the technical work required to produce a scarred Naomi. Do you really think that would improve the story or that fans of the story want that?

Defenders control where they engage the intruder. Hana's already blown one away. She wasn't "in a rush". She moved in a controlled way. Popped out and shot the second one long before ANYONE was in a position to engage her. You're arguing for the defenders to behave stupidly (as the MC did in his attempt to finish clearing the house) and put themselves at greater risk, just to increase tension in the story. I submit that stupid behavior reduces tension.

That said I agree that the fight with the last intruder would have left the MC in pretty rough shape. Realistically he'd be pretty much out of commission for days.

My point is that, for many (probably the majority of) readers, the scene you desired would not have had an overall positive result for the story.

Hell I consider it absurd that there wasn't a comprehensive defense plan made well in advance and practiced to the point that, when the truck hit the gate, everyone immediately reacted to form a unified organized defense. Of course had that happened the intruders would have been slaughtered without having any chance to put the defenders at significant risk. Which would have produced a story that many would have found boring.

In the end the author told the tale he wished.

Anyway we each have our opinion. Yours is as valid as mine. We disagree, but that's fine too.
I'm not trying to insult you, but I think you're not understanding the meaning of the word horror.
I use it because the game, as the tag "horror" suggests, was meant to be a horror or at least contain some of it.

My examples were written, without too much of thinking about them if may I add, how such horror could be achived with plausible explanation in certain scenes without grave consequeces afterwards, not to horribly wound main cast. After all we want a happy ending, right?

As for Naomi example, yes you right, glass shards can be pretty dangerous and cause some serious injuries. Yet I do have to argue, or rather explain in greater detail, about why Naomi would end up fine and not scarred and in need of plastic surgery as you wrote.
Basically, she would be showered in tempered glass. Thousands of pieces of small shards not having enough mass nor enough room to gain enough speed to cause her more than a minior cuts. Yes, some of them could get into her eyes, yet it's pretty small chance, especially if she would, naturally, duck with head down, covering her head with hands. Although doing it while being showered could increase chances of getting one of those into her eyes, but still she would end up fine.

Now I have a little problem with understanding why are you explaining to me what happened in the game and how Hana acted in the game. I played the game, I know what happened. If this is somewhat argument to how Hana could act in my example, then all I can do is to ask you to not mix what happened in the game with what could happen in my example. In my example Hana rushed because she was angry.

Also I really do not like when people are putting words in my mouth, so please quote me where I wrote about " defenders to behave stupidly" or refrain from putting words in my mouth.

And to answer your question, yes I do think it would improve the story, because it would cause some horror which game should contain if it wants to be consider a horror and such thing would impact, as you also noticed, the perfect defense made without preperations. Story don't have to be logical, author can bend the reality to his will as he pleases, but the story should be plausible. Especially when people won't like it. What fans wants is irrelevant.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm not trying to insult you, but I think you're not understanding the meaning of the word horror.
I use it because the game, as the tag "horror" suggests, was meant to be a horror or at least contain some of it.

My examples were written, without too much of thinking about them if may I add, how such horror could be achived with plausible explanation in certain scenes without grave consequeces afterwards, not to horribly wound main cast. After all we want a happy ending, right?

As for Naomi example, yes you right, glass shards can be pretty dangerous and cause some serious injuries. Yet I do have to argue, or rather explain in greater detail, about why Naomi would end up fine and not scarred and in need of plastic surgery as you wrote.
Basically, she would be showered in tempered glass. Thousands of pieces of small shards not having enough mass nor enough room to gain enough speed to cause her more than a minior cuts. Yes, some of them could get into her eyes, yet it's pretty small chance, especially if she would, naturally, duck with head down, covering her head with hands. Although doing it while being showered could increase chances of getting one of those into her eyes, but still she would end up fine.

Now I have a little problem with understanding why are you explaining to me what happened in the game and how Hana acted in the game. I played the game, I know what happened. If this is somewhat argument to how Hana could act in my example, then all I can do is to ask you to not mix what happened in the game with what could happen in my example. In my example Hana rushed because she was angry.

Also I really do not like when people are putting words in my mouth, so please quote me where I wrote about " defenders to behave stupidly" or refrain from putting words in my mouth.

And to answer your question, yes I do think it would improve the story, because it would cause some horror which game should contain if it wants to be consider a horror and such thing would impact, as you also noticed, the perfect defense made without preperations. Story don't have to be logical, author can bend the reality to his will as he pleases, but the story should be plausible. Especially when people won't like it. What fans wants is irrelevant.
I'm disinterested in continuing to debate this, because we have no common ground. Our views are diametrically opposed. Neither of us is going to convince the other. You've made your position clear as have I. As I said. Your opinion is as valid as my own. I seriously mean that. Your opinion is as valid as my own, but we disagree and that's fine.

Reactions: acowasto

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
I'm disinterested in continuing to debate this, because we have no common ground. Our views are diametrically opposed. Neither of us is going to convince the other. You've made your position clear as have I. As I said. Your opinion is as valid as my own. I seriously mean that. Your opinion is as valid as my own, but we disagree and that's fine.
I'm not trying to convince you. I'm sharing my opinion about the episode and explaining it to you in greater detail for you to see it in the same way I see it. If it looks like I'my trying to convice you, then I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention.
Yet I do think we have somewhat commond ground as we both agree on MC taking quite a beating and the perfect defense without preperations, althrough with different words.
As for the validation of our opinions, you don't have to repeat yourself. I do, too, respect that you disagree and have different opinion than mine. That's why I gave likes to your comments instead of writting another huge paragraph which, as now I think of it, would be far better option.
Cheers.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Does anyon know how to fix saves in the game? Or is it just me?

P.S.: It's not hte only game I'm having trouble with saving, but some work just fine.
Not just you, saves have been off and on buggy in N&T for 5-6 updates (or more.) Don't know that anyone has come up with a way to "fix" them per se, but a couple bits of advice that come up which you may find useful are:

1: If all your saves are broken, try loading an autosave before starting over. One of them will often load, vastly reducing the amount of play-over to get back to where you were. No promises, but this is probably your best bet to avoid restarting.

2: When saving at the end of a chapter, don't do it on the last screen. Back up a screen or two before saving - this seems to make the saves slightly more reliable on the next load.

Reactions: Dunner

Thatmonkeyman

Feb 14, 2020
For anyone playing with the mod... If you skip sex with sydney in chapter 16 does she still get pregnant. Looking at the walkthrough her rejoining the party is based on her like points and not if shes pregnant.

erkper

May 16, 2018
wasn't there already a scene depicting that?
When MC was shot in the shoulder?
Cut by a bandit's machete, but yes in the school. And IIRC it did stop the sexy time for a few days (except maybe for one time before the wound became infected,) which would have been pretty inconvenient to the timing in this episode.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner.jpg

Epilogues/Endings (0.26.0) update #1

SPOILERS AHEAD: There will be screenshots and commentary that can be deemed spoiler-ific to follow. I'll try not to go into details, but if you want to go in blind, back away.

LAST CHANCE TO BACK AWAY...

And, so it begins. The work for the Ending/Epilogue content for Now & Then. Though, to say it's "begun" is a bit of a stretch. More like, all of our focus is on this content now, because we've been working on ending scenes for months. And frankly, we've had to, as there's a ridiculous amount to be done here. Nine possible gallery scenes (three of which have variants) are the heavy hitters for this release.

With that in mind, I have to say that this release, more than any before it, will be a vastly different build. Usually, there's around 12-13 story scenes that move the narrative forward with 3-5 intimate moments littered about. Here, the epilogue is more focused on overarching shifts in the character's lives before moving into each of the girls' separate segments. At this point, I figure we'll get the whole thing running and then try to go in and add in a few smaller moments to flesh the whole thing out.

Speaking of "getting it running," this chapter features some pretty complex (and probably ugly) code in the background to set up who the main love interest and what variation of each of the other character's stories you'll see. I've tested it with placeholder text and it does what I need it to, so hopefully it holds up once the content is in place.

In terms of timelines, there's really no telling how long this'll take. With only two intimate scenes (on top of most of the regular story) left to create, it could come together in a couple of weeks. It could also take a little longer. But, since I only get one chance to nail the ending, I'm going to take my time and try to get it as close to right as possible.

Thanks for your support and your interest,
-Kinderfeld

code991

Aug 21, 2021
Anyone got a save at the beginning of chapter 15 ?

Apparently you can have a threesome with Sydney and Naomi ... i dont remember seeing that, kinda want to know what choices you have to make to do that ...

I checked my save (im in chapter 23) and i seem to have the "threesome" value set to 1 ... i think that means i did the threesome but for the love of me i cant remember doing that

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Anyone got a save at the beginning of chapter 15 ?

Apparently you can have a threesome with Sydney and Naomi ... i dont remember seeing that, kinda want to know what choices you have to make to do that ...

I checked my save (im in chapter 23) and i seem to have the "threesome" value set to 1 ... i think that means i did the threesome but for the love of me i cant remember doing that
Some lewd scenes are unlocked only after a first playthrough. I think that scene is one of them

erkper

May 16, 2018
Or replay through the school chapters - there is a threesome already but it doesn't unlock on the first playthrough.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Such a bizarre design decision; are people really playing through this multiple times? It doesn't strike me as offering enough real alternative decision to warrant that ...
Uhhhh - yes - people are playing multiple times to get the different endings. I mean you don't have to, and there is a mod which lets you see all the scenes. However from a game standpoint - your decisions give you specific endings and the replay-ability of the game is off the charts due to over 100 possible ending combinations.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes