TheLastSon

Nov 6, 2019
It's a bug. There's a fix on the OP and it will also be fixed in the DC.
Oh thank god I was fucking raging bro :LOL:
I’ve downloaded the other game too, Interim whatever it’s called. Hope it’s even half as good as this one. There was a few things that rubbed me wrong(no pun intended) like Emmie and Missy. But I know it’s an apocalypse end of world game and not everything is gonna be happy.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Oh thank god I was fucking raging bro :LOL:
I’ve downloaded the other game too, Interim whatever it’s called. Hope it’s even half as good as this one. There was a few things that rubbed me wrong(no pun intended) like Emmie and Missy. But I know it’s an apocalypse end of world game and not everything is gonna be happy.
Interim Domain is a very different game than Now and Then. Many players who move from N&T to ID find the new game a let down. I personally like ID but I would say it's fair to call it a step down after N&T - which to me is less a knock on ID (though I do find ID's sandbox-y design annoying and unnecessary) than it is a comment on how great this game is.

TheLastSon

Nov 6, 2019
Interim Domain is a very different game than Now and Then. Many players who move from N&T to ID find the new game a let down. I personally like ID but I would say it's fair to call it a step down after N&T - which to me is less a knock on ID (though I do find ID's sandbox-y design annoying and unnecessary) than it is a comment on how great this game is.
Ah yeah I am enjoying it so far. Unsure how much content there is yet? I’ve gotten 2 h scenes I think and lots of story. I actually enjoy the sandbox stuff, it’s one of my favorite type of games.
But yeah it is a lot different than N&T but I am quite enjoying it.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Now and Then hit at a perfect time, during an actual global pandemic where some societies really did go full on isolationist.

It was a great dystopian story about regular people trying to survive the apocalypse.

I love the slow roll of society towards breakdown because that is more realistic than many of the ways it is portrayed in movies and TV.

In Now and Then, the monsters come in different flavors - zombies driven by hunger, bandits driven by the need to take what and who they want without consequence, and survivalists who turn out to be anything but 'good' guys.

The Interim Domain tells a different story about the aftermath of the actions of just one monster - Ifuma.

I've played TID since the beginning and it interweaves a number of unique human threads into a very interesting story.

There is more world-building needed than in Now and Then because it is a sci FI/supernatural story about the remnants of our world in the near future.

It takes more time for the story to advance, at least in the early rev's because we have fewer common points of reference than in Now and Then.

For those who have played through the latest rev of TID though, there are some great Human stories that are being told.

Some people have baggage, unresolved issues, that quite literally keep them from moving forward.

Once you get a chance to enjoy the Director's Cut of Now and Then, I strongly recommend checking out The Interim Domain for more great story telling.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Now and Then hit at a perfect time, during an actual global pandemic where some societies really did go full on isolationist.

It was a great dystopian story about regular people trying to survive the apocalypse.

I love the slow roll of society towards breakdown because that is more realistic than many of the ways it is portrayed in movies and TV.

In Now and Then, the monsters come in different flavors - zombies driven by hunger, bandits driven by the need to take what and who they want without consequence, and survivalists who turn out to be anything but 'good' guys.

The Interim Domain tells a different story about the aftermath of the actions of just one monster - Ifuma.

I've played TID since the beginning and it interweaves a number of unique human threads into a very interesting story.

There is more world-building needed than in Now and Then because it is a sci FI/supernatural story about the remnants of our world in the near future.

It takes more time for the story to advance, at least in the early rev's because we have fewer common points of reference than in Now and Then.

For those who have played through the latest rev of TID though, there are some great Human stories that are being told.

Some people have baggage, unresolved issues, that quite literally keep them from moving forward.

Once you get a chance to enjoy the Director's Cut of Now and Then, I strongly recommend checking out The Interim Domain for more great story telling.
I agree with you, but one question stays for me; Why was this game so underpaid? I have the feeling this game attracted more people when it was over then before. You can count one one hand VN where updates were in 30 day intervals, long updates (over 25 minutes of gameplay) and fantastic story. At few last updates it was just over 1k per month. When you say it was at the right time (I agree) why did it slip under radar. I would be thrilled if Kinderfeld would make a second part of this game.
Current game is OK, but sandboxy, I don't like that. A clean VN is a way to go for me. Others can have their opinion, I said only my personal one.
When we see another few good one I play (Deadmoon Survival and Hot sand of Antarctica) it is actually the same as it was with Now&Then; under 1k per month. It's not they don't have their followers, but it's way to underpaid.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I agree with you, but one question stays for me; Why was this game so underpaid? I have the feeling this game attracted more people when it was over then before. You can count one one hand VN where updates were in 30 day intervals, long updates (over 25 minutes of gameplay) and fantastic story. At few last updates it was just over 1k per month. When you say it was at the right time (I agree) why did it slip under radar. I would be thrilled if Kinderfeld would make a second part of this game.
Current game is OK, but sandboxy, I don't like that. A clean VN is a way to go for me. Others can have their opinion, I said only my personal one.
When we see another few good one I play (Deadmoon Survival and Hot sand of Antarctica) it is actually the same as it was with Now&Then; under 1k per month. It's not they don't have their followers, but it's way to underpaid.
Depends on what you mean by underpaid. The dev team (ILS productions, Kinderfeld is one person) have day jobs. This game was a side project. Lots of people have limited money they give to games, and (fair or not) they only contribute to a game if the contributions are their only way to live. Since ILS has day jobs, people could in their mind think the dev doesn't "need" the money and just get it free on this pirate site.

Take it for what it is worth. I had seen that in the thread's 116 pages said by a few people. If a few people felt it and said it, it was probably a pretty well held belief by some.

So I don't get attacked - I don't believe what I just wrote - it was an observation - but I also don't have a Patreon account. I supported this game by writing the WT (still writing the directors cut walkthrough - is it long starting from the beginning again) for free.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Depends on what you mean by underpaid. The dev team (ILS productions, Kinderfeld is one person) have day jobs. This game was a side project. Lots of people have limited money they give to games, and (fair or not) they only contribute to a game if the contributions are their only way to live. Since ILS has day jobs, people could in their mind think the dev doesn't "need" the money and just get it free on this pirate site.

Take it for what it is worth. I had seen that in the thread's 116 pages said by a few people. If a few people felt it and said it, it was probably a pretty well held belief by some.

So I don't get attacked - I don't believe what I just wrote - it was an observation - but I also don't have a Patreon account. I supported this game by writing the WT (still writing the directors cut walkthrough - is it long starting from the beginning again) for free.
First of all: I thank you for your WT. If you ware previous WT writer, thanks for that. I used it then, you did a good job. I always try to spend some money to a dev. You said the truth about money spending. You can't support all the games you play, but I try at least some of them. I have 3 most important things that I use for the game that I will support;
1. VN (I play them only, don't like grinding or run with little figure on a huge map, I did such things in 80' on C64)
2. Story must be something I think is good, interesting and different.
3. Development time, 3 months maximum.
Other things like aren't that important. I rather pay lowest or second lowest amount on 5 or more games than one big amount on a single game. I am a big fan of Kinderfeld, Now&Then was (is?) a great story which he delivered monthly with really big content. I think, I exchanged a few massages with Kinderfeld.
When I see how much he give to this story, even as a sidejob he was fantastic. And faster than someone who had all the time in the world and promised us monthly updates who are now updates twice a year... with so much content Kinderfeld could manage monthly. Even with his dayjob.
That is for me the reason why I think he wasn't getting paid enough.
The greatest thing for me would be a sequel to N&T.
:LOL:

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Thanks for supporting Now and Then with the great WT!

I've supported Kinderfeld on Patreon ever since I found Now and Then.

I'm happy to enjoy his next creation as well and hope he continues to create these great stories and that he gets the credit (and $ support) his stories deserve.

I even list Now and Then in my profile so that every time I post, others who read that post might see it and check it out (with some even going so far as to support with $ if they like it enough).

This site and others like it will always have those who take something for free and then tell you they are doing the dev a favor by doing this.

It is some Fabulous self-justification.

I get that there are some who truly cannot afford to support this or any other dev with $ and this may be one of the few forms of entertainment they can afford (perhaps all they can afford is just the internet access for the download and whatever device they play N&T on).

This hardly describes the vast majority of those who keep taking something for free.

At least here, there are very few taking N&T for free while complaining endlessly about it.

There are other places (dev threads on F95) where the sense of entitlement is Huge and the thread itself is quite toxic, all because those taking something for free don't get it fast enough, with pretty enough renders or animations, the desired story or female models they want etc.

I don't know if Kinderfeld has thought about going for a Steam release of Now and Then but I'm going to suggest it on Patreon (just in case).

I've seen a number of AVNs on Steam with far less content and much less in the way of storytelling and relationships.

I think it would be great if the Steam audience could give him the kind of notice and $ support that he deserves.

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
Man, I watch the other games too, and I like them.
And what I'm going to say here is my opinion, as I said, I like this game, and also those other two, but I like them for the characters and the story of the characters. But I confess that I have no interest in zombies and anything related to them. I know the premise of the games, but I believe that zombie content does not have as many fans as other themes, "perhaps" for this reason, it does not have so many people willing to pay, yes, they like it, but they think that it is not to the point of giving some money for the game.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Man, I watch the other games too, and I like them.
And what I'm going to say here is my opinion, as I said, I like this game, and also those other two, but I like them for the characters and the story of the characters. But I confess that I have no interest in zombies and anything related to them. I know the premise of the games, but I believe that zombie content does not have as many fans as other themes, "perhaps" for this reason, it does not have so many people willing to pay, yes, they like it, but they think that it is not to the point of giving some money for the game.
Story is also my main point to like the game. I don't care if dev uses HS, HS2, DAZ or Koikatzu. Story and development speed. Game must be "special". it must stand out in one or more categories. Then I have no issue to finance the dev through his journey. Some of them I only pay when they bring the update.
There were many developers who slide under my radar. Good ones too. But they didn't had the support. So, when I see something with potential, I support the dev.

K18

Apr 19, 2018

Now & Then Version 0.99.0 Now Live

Director's Cut [Version 0.99.0]
Now & Then
is a story of Jack (or a name of your choosing) Brooks, a widower who lives with his adopted teenage daughter, Carol, during the aftermath of a global pandemic.

Windows: -
Windows (compressed):
-
Mac:
-
Mac (compressed):
-
Android:
-
Walkthrough*:
* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93
Endings Patch:
fixes an error to see Sydney's Pregnancy scene and a typo in another line.
Change Log 0.99.0
  • Added Chapter Select
  • Added Outtakes
  • Fixed image error in Sydney ending
  • Fixed typos and grammatical errors throughout
  • Added code that turns off Alt Scene notifications once you've completed the game once
  • Reshoots of images throughout to clean up excessive camera changes, lighting, or continuity issues
  • Fixed a flag where Carol sees a flashback of making out/mention of making out in Ch4 even if Jack left early
  • Updated/reshot/extended A Dream of Alice (Chapter 4) and extended "Carol's Visit" at the end of Chapter 4.
  • Added animation and extended Carol and Jack in "Sex Montage" in Chapter 6
  • Fixed shots/animation in Carol and Jack nighttime sex in the apartment (CH7: Carol Raw)
  • Added extra scene with Naomi in CH7
  • CH9: Added the option to choose to join Carol in the shower or not, added THEN scene with Julie (starts Julie sidequest)
  • CH10: Reshoots/code script cleanup, changed "I don't really feel comfortable..." choice to skip the second choice for Naomi
  • CH11: New scene with Carol, extended Naomi “Legitimate Massage” scene, added extra scenes after Game Over in the attack on the school
  • CH12: Extended Naomi's “Cheerleading”
  • CH14: Added THEN scene with Naomi, extended scene when you take Naomi with you to go exploring
  • CH14: "Tell her you're there for her.": Sydney Nerve from +1 to – 1
  • CH14: Removed extra Naomi Love point in alt scene
  • CH15: Added choice to skip Carol's alt scene in the gym, added extra scenes with Naomi/Sydney after threesome, new scene with Sydney
  • CH16: Added new scene with Julie
  • CH17: Added small scene with Carol, added scene with Carol and Naomi, added new scene with Alice
  • CH18: Extended a small scene to gain extra point with Alice, new scene with Alice
  • CH19: New THEN scene with Naomi, new small scene with Naomi before the dinner with Alice
  • CH20: New scene with Naomi, new scene with Julie, extended scene with Emmie and McCreary, new scene with Carol
  • Cleaned up code where internal thoughts for Carol and Sydney were not properly color coded in Ch20 and Ch21
  • CH21: New Emmie scene
  • Ch21: Converted "Because I love you." from Naomi Love +1 to Naomi Nerve - 1
  • CH22: Extended scene with Julie and Sydney
  • CH23: Added new Alice scene
  • CH24: New short scene in White Oak
  • CH25: Two new scenes with Julie, one new scene with Hana, one small scene with Julie, one small scene with Hana, and additional story at the end if you've unlocked either new ending
  • CH25: "I love you, Naomi." after sex from Naomi Love +1 to Naomi Nerve -1
  • CH25: Fixed code in 25 where McCreary no longer uses the fake name "Paul" when the player's chosen name is Paul.
  • Endings/Epilogues: Fixed a missing flag that keeps players from seeing Julie sex scene in epilogue.
  • Endings/Epilogues: Corrected ending scenes with Sydney missing her tattoo.
  • Endings/Epilogues: Corrected missing animation in Naomi + Sydney sex scene
  • Endings/Epilogues: Two new endings
  • Endings/Epilogues: Extended scenes with Syndey, including pregnancy content

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.

- Kinderfeld

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes