Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
The Director's Cut will include the chance to end up with Julie!!

Do I love the Carol/Carol and Sydney ending - Absolutely, but an ending with Julie?

Damn... and, maybe just maybe, the Julie ending can include Sydney or Carol, for example.
As for Me, players are Just too greedy... I can often requests to turn npc's into LI's

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
As for Me, players are Just too greedy... I can often requests to turn npc's into LI's
A Director's Cut of Now and Then is Awesome and it was an unexpected treat when he announced that he was creating it! I'm one of the supporters who, when asked by the creator what they would like to see in a Director's Cut, said that I would like Julie to be a potential LI at the end of Now and Then. I'm sure I was not the only one to make this request and Kinderfeld was kind enough to add that, and Hannah as well, as potential LI's for his supporters.

I don't consider it greedy to respond to the creator and express my desires.

I would have continued to support him as a Patreon regardless of whether or not there was even a Director's Cut.

I'm happy to support him now with The Interim Domain.

If you support him on Patreon, you will see years of my comments supporting the development of these two great AVNs.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
The Director's Cut will include the chance to end up with Julie!!

Do I love the Carol/Carol and Sydney ending - Absolutely, but an ending with Julie?

Damn... and, maybe just maybe, the Julie ending can include Sydney or Carol, for example.
Any chance the dev would consider the option to save Missy and Emmie in the directors cut? or will it just be endings?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Not possible, even for the Director's Cut which is not released yet. Simply because the MC is a male and human technological advancement halted by the zombie apocalypse so humanity didn't reach the stage where male pregnancy is a reality:ROFLMAO::p.
That was my first thought as well. ;)
No, because not all women want to have children in post apocalyptic world or just at all
The post-apocalyptic trope is the need to repopulate the Earth. Unfortunately, it would conflict with the fact that many won't be in favor of children if society is unstable, if the future is uncertain.

For some reason that reminded me of a Penthouse pictorial back when Bob G. was still in charge and they had hardcore sex going on. The premise of the shoot was that they were possibly the last two survivors of an apocalypse and they needed to repopulate the Earth. Unfortunately, the male model was using a condom...

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Tbh I find Hannah and Julie relationships/endings adequate, and in my opinion making them main LI is a bit too much.
Ofc I do understand that players want to tame that Hot bitch Hannah into lovey dovey relationship, it's natural desire. Just feels immerse breaking for Me.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Any chance the dev would consider the option to save Missy and Emmie in the directors cut? or will it just be endings?
I don't know. I did not ask for either of those and I did not see anything on Patreon but any DM's to Kinderfeld could have included one or both of these requests. I'd love it if there was a way to save Emmie, in particular, but I think that is a wait and see. I do know that they are in final clean up and code/story logic check based on the last Patreon post so I think content is set and what remains is polish.

Reactions: punisher2099

erkper

May 16, 2018
We can hope. I can't say with certainty, but in the fairly recent post officially announcing the Director's Cut, in the part where Kinderfeld is talking about the new endings there is an image of Emmie saying hi to MC that I did not recognize from the game. I suppose I could have forgotten that scene, but I don't see how Emmie could be in a new ending if she was dead...

Reactions: punisher2099

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
We can hope. I can't say with certainty, but in the fairly recent post officially announcing the Director's Cut, in the part where Kinderfeld is talking about the new endings there is an image of Emmie saying hi to MC that I did not recognize from the game. I suppose I could have forgotten that scene, but I don't see how Emmie could be in a new ending if she was dead...
I could be only a new render of Emmie. Kinderfeld made good amount of new renders. That could be simple one of those. I was suspicious of Emmie's future in game, She wasn't a main character or a good presented character. She was created to die. Not fan of that, but it's a zombie apocalyptic game. She was presented to us to arouse emotions in us and to prepare for the end of the game. I doubt he will change that-

I hope Kinderfeld will make a sequel of this game in future. Such a great game. I play the Interim Domain too, but I'm sorry to say it isn't good like N&T. It's not a bad game, but it's little bit sandbox-ish. Not a fan of those type of game.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I was suspicious of Emmie's future in game, She wasn't a main character or a good presented character. She was created to die. Not fan of that, but it's a zombie apocalyptic game. She was presented to us to arouse emotions in us and to prepare for the end of the game.
Created to die, yes, but it would have aroused our emotions (and other things) much more if we could have fucked her before she died.

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Created to die, yes, but it would have aroused our emotions (and other things) much more if we could have fucked her before she died.
Kinderfeld wanted us not get too attached to her. It was a outcry for her anyway. You can imagine what would be if loved (or just had sex) her? And she looked underage too. Not anybodies paar of shoes.

Last edited:

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
I could be only a new render of Emmie. Kinderfeld made good amount of new renders. That could be simple one of those. I was suspicious of Emmie's future in game, She wasn't a main character or a good presented character. She was created to die. Not fan of that, but it's a zombie apocalyptic game. She was presented to us to arouse emotions in us and to prepare for the end of the game. I doubt he will change that-

I hope Kinderfeld will make a sequel of this game in future. Such a great game. I play the Interim Domain too, but I'm sorry to say it isn't good like N&T. It's not a bad game, but it's little bit sandbox-ish. Not a fan of those type of game.
i also hope for a sequel for N&T and suggested it on several occasions

• Red Heart

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
i also hope for a sequel for N&T and suggested it on several occasions
And I waited for all updates. I played it from first update. Kinderfeld was always very punctual. He was late, don't remember correctly, once or twice. He had hard disc failure, anybody who played games here knows that means probably up to two months delay, Kinderfeld was late 3 or for days.
Not a fan of zombie movies, but I like dystopian games (with or without zombies). And I hope really he makes a sequel. There is so much to tell. And, yes, I kinda suggest it too. Few times already. But now I wait for Deadmoon Survival. Every update. Very underrated game. (N&T was up to last few updates underrated too. Bearly reached 1k/month. When I see what other partially shit games earn, that's a kick into balls for me. Great characters, punctually monthly releases, for a month very big updates (20 min+), great story,lovable MC, sex(y) girls & MILF. I was sad when it was over. But I can't wait for director's cut. A game worth to be played again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moonis

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Right now, Kinderfeld is creating monthly updates for TID - The Interim Doman, his 2nd VN.

Kudos to him since he is also working on the Director's Cut of Now and Then simultaneously.

Given the effort going into TID and knowing that he has been very good with consistently hitting his monthly updates (and the relative timing of those updates), I'm hoping for the DC of Now and Then in either March or April, but this is not based on anything shared by Kinderfeld.

Whenever it does land, I am going back to the beginning of the apocalypse, and I'll enjoy having cold beer and power throughout replaying this great VN.

Reactions: GamerDaddy

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg
Nowandthen Sample Pics 1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics 2.jpg

Usually this time of the month, we're talking about the next release of The Interim Domain, but March is going to be a little different. With Now & Then Director's Cut in its final stages (testing the playable builds and uploading to file-sharing sites), we'll focus on that long-awaited launch. Rather than pack the schedule too full, TID 0.12.0 will probably get moved back to early April, because I don't want any of the great moments waiting for you to get lost with N&T 0.99.0 likely taking up a lot of people's time.

Of note: Both the PC and Mac versions of Now & Then Director's Cut will be available in compressed (sub 4GB) and uncompressed (@9GB) versions. The uncompressed version is as close to developer assets as you're going to get. Renders will have been converted to webp to maximize size, but the video is straight from the source with no additional compression.

The Android build? Yeah, that's packed in tight because of the 2GB limits. We squeezed it into the package as hard as we could to get it under the limit.

That's not to say we aren't working on The Interim Domain. In fact, a fair amount of content's already been done for the episode, so much so that we're squeezing an extra Sammy story in. And there's so much saucy content that one of them is in that gray area where we're not sure it warrants making it into the gallery or not (we could be convinced to add it afterwards). So, we'll talk more about that once N&TDC (acronyms FTW) is about to be in your hands.

Thanks for your patience and your patronage,
-Kinderfeld

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
View attachment 2438342
View attachment 2438341 View attachment 2438340

Usually this time of the month, we're talking about the next release of The Interim Domain, but March is going to be a little different. With Now & Then Director's Cut in its final stages (testing the playable builds and uploading to file-sharing sites), we'll focus on that long-awaited launch. Rather than pack the schedule too full, TID 0.12.0 will probably get moved back to early April, because I don't want any of the great moments waiting for you to get lost with N&T 0.99.0 likely taking up a lot of people's time.

Of note: Both the PC and Mac versions of Now & Then Director's Cut will be available in compressed (sub 4GB) and uncompressed (@9GB) versions. The uncompressed version is as close to developer assets as you're going to get. Renders will have been converted to webp to maximize size, but the video is straight from the source with no additional compression.

The Android build? Yeah, that's packed in tight because of the 2GB limits. We squeezed it into the package as hard as we could to get it under the limit.

That's not to say we aren't working on The Interim Domain. In fact, a fair amount of content's already been done for the episode, so much so that we're squeezing an extra Sammy story in. And there's so much saucy content that one of them is in that gray area where we're not sure it warrants making it into the gallery or not (we could be convinced to add it afterwards). So, we'll talk more about that once N&TDC (acronyms FTW) is about to be in your hands.

-Kinderfeld
Thx. I saw it a few days ago, but people usually don't check Patreon page. I'm glad release date is still the same. I can't wait. I think, I can smell it already. Or my house is burning? Well... Can't say now, firefighters are underway... :ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked

Soon. Really soon. Now and Then: Director's Cut will be launched very soon.
At this point, we're just testing out the final playable builds, making sure they're good before packing up and uploading. The PC/Mac builds tested out fine and now we're just making sure the android version runs as intended.
As a part of this process, we had to flush our saves and persistent data to make sure everything worked the way we planned, especially in light of the fact that some ideas got ditched (like the stupid plan to make players unlock every chapter as selectable in the Chapter Select menu). Which, of course, brought up a few lines of old code that needed to be scrubbed to fix something, but that's why you test it.
To clarify something from the last update that came up in the comments: There are going to be two versions of the PC/Mac builds available for download. The compressed version is the same as the usual releases in terms of image/video compression. So, if you've been fine with that and don't want to wait for a 9GB download, well, there you are. The uncompressed version is just using the assets we use during the build phase, including animations that are straight out of Adobe Premier with no additional compression. It's as close to seeing what we see before processing for build creation. We figured if there was ever a time to make that available to our patrons, the final content release would be it.
In terms of The Interim Domain 0.12.0, development for that's going along well. Sure, we've had to shift gears to focus on N&T for the last few weeks, but what we have will be ready for testing and code cleanup once the Director's Cut is being released.
-Kinderfeld

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
oh damn, was looking for old games to replay, randomly checked this thread to see what people discussing these days and was really surprised to see Director's Cut here, even better - coming soon
is there some changelog or something on what to expect exactly?

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
oh damn, was looking for old games to replay, randomly checked this thread to see what people discussing these days and was really surprised to see Director's Cut here, even better - coming soon
is there some changelog or something on what to expect exactly?
The story is roughly still the same, but there are many new renders, more option on the end of the game, new finishes. A director's cut.

Reactions: Zerorox and Danv
4.60 star(s) 280 Votes