K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Rather than devote this update to let you know that we're still working on the The Interim Domain 0.11.0 (we are and it's got some rocking story beats), let's formally announce the upcoming release of Now & Then: Director's Cut (0.99.0).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your interest and patronage!

-Kinderfeld

erkper

May 16, 2018
damn cant leave her .game is good written so i felt bad for her .also when i see green i just cant choose other choice .
If you're seeing green that means you're playing the mod, correct? If you're playing the mod your choices don't really matter anyways, it forces all scenes to play regardless. Not sure how it handles the endings, but I suspect it would force the harem end.

Jan 16, 2019
If you're seeing green that means you're playing the mod, correct? If you're playing the mod your choices don't really matter anyways, it forces all scenes to play regardless. Not sure how it handles the endings, but I suspect it would force the harem end.
i prefer harem anyway. i knew mod was doing this. this is curse of playing with mods .i cant ignore green .

Jan 16, 2019
also why the fuck everyone want to be tomboy in this game ? Girls cant cut their hair if they want to be beautiful .i feel like naomi and Carol is transsexual . Ok im done with this game . they are fucking ugly right now . Devs even doesnt give choice to say it looks bad on you. i hate it and forced to say it looks good on you .

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
also why the fuck everyone want to be tomboy in this game ? Girls cant cut their hair if they want to be beautiful .i feel like naomi and Carol is transsexual . Ok im done with this game . they are fucking ugly right now . Devs even doesnt give choice to say it looks bad on you. i hate it and forced to say it looks good on you .
Yes, in dystopian situation girls primary focus should be her beauty. Long hair is beautiful, but not suited to such world. Do I think it's better? No, but I can understand. It's more practical that way.

Jan 16, 2019
Yes, in dystopian situation girls primary focus should be her beauty. Long hair is beautiful, but not suited to such world. Do I think it's better? No, but I can understand. It's more practical that way.
Still devs should add option to choose. i hate tomboys so how i can play this game ? its a adult game but i hate all of girls .its not a kinetic novel .atleast give me an option to say its bad. it gives us one choice .why give me an choice if i cant choose anything. i didnt think she would cut hair so i started to play . i hate it and im forced to say its cute this is really a visual novel .this is enough to make this game is worst to me .

or i can play new route and just wait new girl .there will be new girl right ? i'll play new game skip and reject everything until i get a new girl .

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Still devs should add option to choose. i hate tomboys so how i can play this game ? its a adult game but i hate all of girls .its not a kinetic novel .atleast give me an option to say its bad. it gives us one choice .why give me an choice if i cant choose anything. i didnt think she would cut hair so i started to play . i hate it and im forced to say its cute this is really a visual novel .this is enough to make this game is worst to me .

or i can play new route and just wait new girl .there will be new girl right ? i'll play new game skip and reject everything until i get a new girl .
I don't know if you remember the time when this game was released? You could calibrate a watch how accurate dev was. Game was updated monthly. And it was long, about 25 minutes gameplay. Now try to calculate how much time and resurces he would waste to make every scene twice. Could he make that much content? Nope. And it was his first game. And I played quite a few games, but can't remember any Visual Novel where you could change hair lenght.

ViceKai

Feb 4, 2023

Then just play the Sydney route and as I've read Hana route is being added to the ending too

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
I want to lose my memories of this game, and play again, especially Carol love route)
Though I know I Will end with Carol as main LI again and again, she's just too sweet and vulnarable to dump her or make secondary/

Reactions: rudy007

StabbyMike0

Oct 21, 2022
Weird game that i dont have much freedoom at choices. It would be kinetic ,im a highway blossoms fan so im ok haha. I also dont like Short haired girls ,too .but cant even decide to for our lovers ? Yeah it would be better if it was kinetic novel. Story and Writing is fine . Mc is coward ,i would like to create personality with choices we made ,we already have some stats .

bloodymarzo

Sep 18, 2018

these unhinged takes :ROFLMAO: not every girl with short hair is a tomboy lmao
maybe you shouldn't read a 500k word VN if you can't handle that not every girl is your 10/10 dream waifu :LOL:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Bruh, it's very far from kinetic novel in terms of choises) And MC is totally not a coward, he's just adult and quite believeable.
Writing here is quite good tbh

In terms of short hair (which I love, cause looks good) it's more practical for zombie apicalipse setting, and Just compensated by amount of public hair (which I love not, cause if you go down on girl...) which is problematic to shave often in such setting

And tbh HS long hairs looks mostly awful, it's too static for animations.
Not sayin' game is perfect, but for HS renders it looks good and heavily modded

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Bruh, it's very far from kinetic novel in terms of choises) And MC is totally not a coward, he's just adult and quite believeable.
Writing here is quite good tbh

In terms of short hair (which I love, cause looks good) it's more practical for zombie apicalipse setting, and Just compensated by amount of public hair (which I love not, cause if you go down on girl...) which is problematic to shave often in such setting

And tbh HS long hairs looks mostly awful, it's too static for animations.
Not sayin' game is perfect, but for HS renders it looks good and heavily modded
Agree with you, MC isn't a coward. He is only a little bit emotionless, but I think in a dystopian society that's not bad. Emotions help, but sometimes they are simple in the way. In apocalypse or critical situations they can get in the way.
About HS, yes it isn't the ideal tool, but it's faster to render. Bang for buck is good. Yes males are bad, hair especially. It looks like straw on their head. At least female models are good. And, yes it's heavy modified HS, and in a good way, hope more devs will follow that.

Reactions: Zerorox

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Weird game that i dont have much freedoom at choices. It would be kinetic ,im a highway blossoms fan so im ok haha. I also dont like Short haired girls ,too .but cant even decide to for our lovers ? Yeah it would be better if it was kinetic novel. Story and Writing is fine . Mc is coward ,i would like to create personality with choices we made ,we already have some stats .
A kinetic novel does not let you craft the MC you want - you are literally just along for the ride - regardless of where the story takes you.

Now and Then has choices and it's important to balance both the 'trust' and 'nerve' that impact the ladies which influences how they respond not just to him but to danger.

The MC is not a coward - he is more of an everyman - an office worker who lost his wife to cancer and, later, decided to offer a good home to a girl who needed stability and someone she could count on.

He is no Super Hero, nor does he have precognition about the pandemic. He freely admits when he, as the leader of his small group including Carol and Naomi, did not plan far enough into the future to have a good safe place to fall back to if the apartment turned into a bad place to stay.

I think he is a great MC Because he is not a retired Navy Seal or ex-special forces guy who just happens to have an armored car and all the guns and ammo needed to singlehandedly take out all the infected and bandits, all without ever reloading a pistol.

He's someone who friends rely on, and he tries to do right, even in an apocalypse.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes