Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Agree with you, MC isn't a coward. He is only a little bit emotionless, but I think in a dystopian society that's not bad. Emotions help, but sometimes they are simple in the way. In apocalypse or critical situations they can get in the way.
About HS, yes it isn't the ideal tool, but it's faster to render. Bang for buck is good. Yes males are bad, hair especially. It looks like straw on their head. At least female models are good. And, yes it's heavy modified HS, and in a good way, hope more devs will follow that.
Yeah, according to situation he's in, we can't even call him too emotionless, just hides emotions cause there are at least 2 mentally fragile teen girls depends on him, and still at some point of story he gets overwhelmed by them (I mean not teen girls but emotions)
Yeah, there are Just few basic male models with minimum customization, so dev pushed maximum from it here tbh)
But after short time you start ignoring outdated graphics (and some glitches) anyway, cause of atmosphere/decent writing and story

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
A kinetic novel does not let you craft the MC you want - you are literally just along for the ride - regardless of where the story takes you.

Now and Then has choices and it's important to balance both the 'trust' and 'nerve' that impact the ladies which influences how they respond not just to him but to danger.

The MC is not a coward - he is more of an everyman - an office worker who lost his wife to cancer and, later, decided to offer a good home to a girl who needed stability and someone she could count on.

He is no Super Hero, nor does he have precognition about the pandemic. He freely admits when he, as the leader of his small group including Carol and Naomi, did not plan far enough into the future to have a good safe place to fall back to if the apartment turned into a bad place to stay.

I think he is a great MC Because he is not a retired Navy Seal or ex-special forces guy who just happens to have an armored car and all the guns and ammo needed to singlehandedly take out all the infected and bandits, all without ever reloading a pistol.

He's someone who friends rely on, and he tries to do right, even in an apocalypse.
Totally agree, dev made this game characters if not totally realistic but at least very believable.
And in terms of moral choises, few layered Character personalities and decent writing/storytelling I can almost compare this game to Pale Carnations

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yeah, according to situation he's in, we can't even call him too emotionless, just hides emotions cause there are at least 2 mentally fragile teen girls depends on him, and still at some point of story he gets overwhelmed by them (I mean not teen girls but emotions)
Yeah, there are Just few basic male models with minimum customization, so dev pushed maximum from it here tbh)
But after short time you start ignoring outdated graphics (and some glitches) anyway, cause of atmosphere/decent writing and story
Glitches you said. Do you mean save problems? It's interesting about that, I had probably 1 bad save in whole game. Autosave saved (lol) the day. And only glitch was at the end, I could not see all endings. I didn't download the fix, I wait for director's cut. Every game that is updated less often as 3 months, I play from beginning. Could be that German guy who hide things around house. What was his name? Alzheimer? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Zerorox

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Glitches you said. Do you mean save problems? It's interesting about that, I had probably 1 bad save in whole game. Autosave saved (lol) the day. And only glitch was at the end, I could not see all endings. I didn't download the fix, I wait for director's cut. Every game that is updated less often as 3 months, I play from beginning. Could be that German guy who hide things around house. What was his name? Alzheimer? ;)
Nah, I meant some renders and lighting problems mostly. And I had some problems with char screen, though maybe mod problems, don't remember already
Playing on android* not sure fix was included when I played earlier in apk version
Still waiting for my memories to be fade a bit, and play again now, maybe everything is fixed already/
Yeah, directors cut, maybe it's wise to wait for it, thx for reminder ;)

Last edited:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Nah, I meant some renders and lighting problems mostly. And I had some problems with char screen, though maybe mod problems, don't remember already
Playing on android*
Still waiting for my memories to be fade a bit, and play again now, maybe everything is fixed already/
Haha, yes memories... Agree about lighting, but in those circumstances, light is a privilege. As is water and food, as well as roof over head. But in general, renders were little bit dark. But in HS i think it's tough to fit lighting. In all games, or they are too bright or too dark. I don't know the possibilities of HS.

Reactions: Zerorox

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Why Sydney ending had to be NTR? =/
There is no NTR in any gallery scene, nor did I see any NTR in any scene with any of the women (Carol, Naomi, Alice, Julia, Sydney, Hannah).

There is only the reference to women being captured and raped by bandits - the zombie apocalypse and society breaking down kind of thing - but no NTR with any of the women that have any interaction with the MC.

erkper

May 16, 2018
There is no NTR in any gallery scene, nor did I see any NTR in any scene with any of the women (Carol, Naomi, Alice, Julia, Sydney, Hannah).

There is only the reference to women being captured and raped by bandits - the zombie apocalypse and society breaking down kind of thing - but no NTR with any of the women that have any interaction with the MC.
If you have a really bad relationship with Carol and Naomi you can get their bad ending, which they basically go slut around on you. But I'm not sure I would qualify that as NTR since you have to try pretty hard to alienate them that much so I don't see why you would feel jealousy at that point. There is a bug in the Sydney ending script that shows a screen from that bad ending, which is probably what he's talking about.
There's a bugfix on the OP to correct that script error.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
If you have a really bad relationship with Carol and Naomi you can get their bad ending, which they basically go slut around on you. But I'm not sure I would qualify that as NTR since you have to try pretty hard to alienate them that much so I don't see why you would feel jealousy at that point. There is a bug in the Sydney ending script that shows a screen from that bad ending, which is probably what he's talking about.
There's a bugfix on the OP to correct that script error.
OK, if I understand correctly, you have to treat girls like shit the whole time to hava a NTR-ish end? That means you have to try very hard to do that to have at the end something to complain about???
My God, that's the 50' in America all over again. Back then everyone was a potential communist and anybody would accuse anybody to be a communist for having slight another opinion.
Now, after we evolved (or not) we have to force NTR to have NTR? I have to jump from second floor to have to complain later about that? After anybody said to me in the first place to not be an idiot and jump.
Confused times those mid 2020...

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Is there a harem ending where everyone is pregnant?
I'm not sure what are the possibilities in new game ending, in old version it wasn't possible. But endings and actually tho whole game is about to be released new. New renders, new animations, new endings. So, I don't know yet, but possible that many girls/woman could end pregnant (all?).

BigBrutalDownloads

Jan 23, 2023
I'm not sure what are the possibilities in new game ending, in old version it wasn't possible. But endings and actually tho whole game is about to be released new. New renders, new animations, new endings. So, I don't know yet, but possible that many girls/woman could end pregnant (all?).
That's great! Thanks for letting me know. The Director's Cut looks amazing.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The Director's Cut will include the chance to end up with Julie!!

Do I love the Carol/Carol and Sydney ending - Absolutely, but an ending with Julie?

Damn... and, maybe just maybe, the Julie ending can include Sydney or Carol, for example.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes