galarax

Jul 19, 2017
dang the artstyle looks very similar to the art style of Harem Hotel, i love it! been following that one for years now, and ill give htis a download too!

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
dang the artstyle looks very similar to the art style of Harem Hotel, i love it! been following that one for years now, and ill give htis a download too!
The lewds in this are much better than Harem Hotel. Those lewds put me to sleep. :ROFLMAO:
Honey Select lewds need sound. ;)
I also like this story much better than HH. Too much politics in that one. :devilish:

galarax

Jul 19, 2017
The lewds in this are much better than Harem Hotel. Those lewds put me to sleep. :ROFLMAO:
Honey Select lewds need sound. ;)
I also like this story much better than HH. Too much politics in that one. :devilish:
youre not wrong. Im faithful to runey but im always down to try new things

Reactions: Bloodguard

Elyauris

Mar 28, 2019
Hey, wasn't there an incest mod so you call her daughter and she call you dad or something?
Or it is in game later? My memory is fuzzy about that :/

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Hey, wasn't there an incest mod so you call her daughter and she call you dad or something?
I remember seeing that too when I first downloaded this but to be honest this is one of those rare instances where incest mod would make the story worse.

Reactions: Elyauris

buff

May 29, 2017
The story actually would make less sense if you did that; her adoption is pretty key to the plot. It's not just "pretend not-incest" like the "landlady/tenant" trope.

The only real blood incest opportunity in the game would be between a mother and daughter, but sadly that never happens. One of the characters even discusses and says yeah, not gonna happen. :-/

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
The story actually would make less sense if you did that; her adoption is pretty key to the plot. It's not just "pretend not-incest" like the "landlady/tenant" trope.

The only real blood incest opportunity in the game would be between a mother and daughter, but sadly that never happens. One of the characters even discusses and says yeah, not gonna happen. :-/
There are endings for multiple threesome pairings, mother daughter included. I have no idea how you get those without an unlocker though.

Elyauris

Mar 28, 2019

I know that, but it would be much hotter if she at some point or even at the first sex scene calls us "Daddy". There should be an option to set what we would like her to call us when we have shrex.:HideThePain:
(If it has this correct me)

• Haha
Reactions: buff

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I know that, but it would be much hotter if she at some point or even at the first sex scene calls us "Daddy". There should be an option to set what we would like her to call us when we have shrex.:HideThePain:
(If it has this correct me)
I can agree with this. Not an inc patch but language patch. Considering how close they are even at the beginning it's somewhat sad that she never calls him daddy or dad.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Read the walkthrough - it has it.
Well that was needlessly complex to understand but if I got the gist right you can't get the threesome endings without at least partially dumping Carol which just makes me even more disappointed in the endings. It was build so well as a harem game but the ending felt somewhat like the harem was an afterthought.

Reactions: Bloodguard

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Well that was needlessly complex to understand but if I got the gist right you can't get the threesome endings without at least partially dumping Carol which just makes me even more disappointed in the endings. It was build so well as a harem game but the ending felt somewhat like the harem was an afterthought.
Now and Then was never built/intended as a harem VN.

It centers on the MC & Carol and then adds Naomi - these two women are the original core of the story.

Other women encountered, like Sydney, Alice, Julie and Hanna all have their parts to play but there was never any intent by Kinderfeld, the dev, to make this a harem game.

When he created the Director's Cut, he added in paths so that, by making the right choices, you could end up with Julie or Hanna, but it is always at the expense of Carol and or Naomi.

The new paths were at the request of his supporters on Patreon, including me, as we wanted a chance to have a Julie ending (and some wanted the Hanna ending) even if it meant giving up Carol as part of that ending.

I'd have to check the walkthrough to identify which 3 some endings are possible, but 2 women is the extent of any ending - so a throuple versus a harem.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
If I have any beef with this otherwise great game, it would be this. Lack of a true harem ending was pretty disappointing.
I agree the prep was all there, as they pretty much all agreed to share the MC.
Should have been some kind of reward for keeping all the ladies score pretty high.
The score system didn't seem to really matter in the end, as I got stuck with the Carol ending.
Even though she had the lowest score of the main girls, but they were all pretty high.
Also, no Naomi pregnancy ending was kind of sad. :cry:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
If I have any beef with this otherwise great game, it would be this. Lack of a true harem ending was pretty disappointing.
I agree the prep was all there, as they pretty much all agreed to share the MC.
Should have been some kind of reward for keeping all the ladies score pretty high.
The score system didn't seem to really matter in the end, as I got stuck with the Carol ending.
Even though she had the lowest score of the main girls, but they were all pretty high.
Also, no Naomi pregnancy ending was kind of sad. :cry:
If Carol had a lower score than the other girls, you wouldn't have gotten her ending. It was literally a math problem. Greatest score was your ending girl. Yes it didn't have a true harem ending (where all girls live with you and they are accepting of you doing anything that moves), but it allowed you to have fun time with multiple women at the end.
The thing I will say is that the game had real people and personalities. Naomi didn't want to get pregnant. Not all the girls wanted to share the MC. This was built into their personality. This is what makes the game better for me, as it was real people emotions, and not a "ahh a penis, lets fuck it, and let him fuck who ever he wants." This is most harem games. However to each their own.
The final things I will say, the Dev, over 2 years, delivered consistent content, stayed true to what he said he was going to do from a story perspective, and had a great story.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
If Carol had a lower score than the other girls, you wouldn't have gotten her ending. It was literally a math problem. Greatest score was your ending girl. Yes it didn't have a true harem ending (where all girls live with you and they are accepting of you doing anything that moves), but it allowed you to have fun time with multiple women at the end.
The thing I will say is that the game had real people and personalities. Naomi didn't want to get pregnant. Not all the girls wanted to share the MC. This was built into their personality. This is what makes the game better for me, as it was real people emotions, and not a "ahh a penis, lets fuck it, and let him fuck who ever he wants." This is most harem games. However to each their own.
The final things I will say, the Dev, over 2 years, delivered consistent content, stayed true to what he said he was going to do from a story perspective, and had a great story.
It's a great game. It would just have been better if it ended ambiguously at that window in chapter 25, the ending slides felt forced and just somehow destroyed a part of the great feeling this story had.

buff

May 29, 2017
There are endings for multiple threesome pairings, mother daughter included. I have no idea how you get those without an unlocker though.
I haven't gotten the ending so I may be talking out my buttocks here, but my understanding from when I was a patron was that there would be an ending with the M and D but it would be one of those deals where the girls don't actually touch each other during 3somes. I'd love to be wrong though.

Cruiser80

Jan 9, 2020
Well fudge me, I been plugging away at this game over the last 2 weeks after avoiding it for I don't know what reason. So damn good. Loved the characters, the story, the music and I was super happy with the ending, something I think gets a little messy with many games. Definitely one of my top AVN's going forward. I may have even got a little emotional. Good Job Dev!!!

Warwhale

Dec 27, 2017
Now and Then was never built/intended as a harem VN.

It centers on the MC & Carol and then adds Naomi - these two women are the original core of the story.

Other women encountered, like Sydney, Alice, Julie and Hanna all have their parts to play but there was never any intent by Kinderfeld, the dev, to make this a harem game.

When he created the Director's Cut, he added in paths so that, by making the right choices, you could end up with Julie or Hanna, but it is always at the expense of Carol and or Naomi.

The new paths were at the request of his supporters on Patreon, including me, as we wanted a chance to have a Julie ending (and some wanted the Hanna ending) even if it meant giving up Carol as part of that ending.

I'd have to check the walkthrough to identify which 3 some endings are possible, but 2 women is the extent of any ending - so a throuple versus a harem.

Cheers!! :coffee:
The developer is a good writer who has done an admirable job in this game of keeping together a coherent story. I respect their efforts to keep the narrative well balanced.

• Love
Reactions: rudy007
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes