Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
To be fair, didn't get to the zombies part when I wrote that reply. I just hope that it won't be ruined like Acting Lessons was with a death that had no meaning behind them.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been reassured a couple times that that isn't the plan.

That doesn't mean I won't delete it if the choice ever comes up.

erkper

May 16, 2018
To be fair, didn't get to the zombies part when I wrote that reply. I just hope that it won't be ruined like Acting Lessons was with a death that had no meaning behind them.
From page 1 of this thread:

I won't give anything away, but I will promise that I won't put two people you love in a house, set it on fire and make you choose between them. :p

RedGizmoDuck

Jun 27, 2020
So we're playing a game about a much deadlier Covid?
This is more of a zombie-ish(but not zombies) type pandemic. I haven't finished up to the latest part of the game yet, but people don't seem to be asymptomatic. On the other hand, being killed by the infected doesn't always turn people into the undead(not zombies? for whatever reason this point is stated over and over).

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
This is more of a zombie-ish(but not zombies) type pandemic. I haven't finished up to the latest part of the game yet, but people don't seem to be asymptomatic. On the other hand, being killed by the infected doesn't always turn people into the undead(not zombies? for whatever reason this point is stated over and over).
Personally, the whole setting reminds me more of the movie "28 Days Later" than of classic zombie stories. Now that I've mentioned the movie, it's time to watch it again. :)

Reactions: Watcher X

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
They may be zombies. If Jack doesn't bother moving the infected he shot in front of his apartment a few days later the body will be missing. :unsure:

RedGizmoDuck

Jun 27, 2020
Personally, the whole setting reminds me more of the movie "28 Days Later" than of classic zombie stories. Now that I've mentioned the movie, it's time to watch it again. :)
I would agree with this but everything so far that I've seen(just past when Naomi is saved), points to it trying to be non-zombie but yet zombies. I guess maybe feral-undead(undead is not zombie?), but they lose a step after a few days/week after turning? It's mentioned that only newly turned are fast moving. Once they start starving they slow down(why not eat the other undead? logic, am I right?).

I guess if you suggest they're not undead/zombies then you'd be killing people potentially curable and are more or less killing for fun. I don't agree with this option personally. I think they're a lost cause and can't be helped. Just trying to figure out what they may be if not zombies, or the undead.(I know it's pointless but kind of interesting)

Nov 24, 2017
When I typed that, I didn't get far enough in the game for the infected. It was just talking about a pandemic with a similar name to Covid and people acting just like they are with Covid.

The Daydreamer

Donor
May 13, 2018
Let me hurt you in my own way. :p
You're gonna kill the MC instead? Damn, that's cold! But at least, the LIs are safe! :p

Anyone thinks Mrs Burton could be Lady Perfume? We've never seen her yet but her reputation precedes her... ^^ I still got my money on Julie but she's my second choice!

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
I feel like the quote should be pinned to the top of every page in this topic. :)

I feel like a rebound boyfriend. I'm sorry that Acting Lessons hurt so many people, but I'm not that developer. Let me hurt you in my own way. :p
Well... now you've set some expectations. I expect you to turn all of us into sniveling weeping man children by the time the game is over.

• Haha
Reactions: Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I feel like the quote should be pinned to the top of every page in this topic. :)

I feel like a rebound boyfriend. I'm sorry that Acting Lessons hurt so many people, but I'm not that developer. Let me hurt you in my own way. :p
Thank you sir, can I have another ... Thank you sir, can I have another ....

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner.jpg

A week (roughly) has passed and we're making great progress on Chapter Ten. Which is especially good considering that the update's middle portion has two sizeable sequences with a lot of animations and pose changes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To add to the above comment, there is a fair amount of complexity to the episode's second act. Between multiple conversation flags and a pair of distinct choices that can cause the scenario to end three separate ways (and impact at least one relationship and how it goes forward) there is a lot to test here.

Also turning up in Chapter Ten is the first "Alternate Scenes" unlock. When you reach a certain point in the story (you know what it is if you've been playing so far), you'll trigger a flag that unlocks some bonus scenes that can be viewed on a replay of the game.

This is the first of what is planned to be a handful of these kinds of opportunities, allowing for additional incentives towards replay.

Sample Images:
Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg alt_scenes_splash_naomich10.jpg

Thanks for your support and your interest.
- Kinderfeld

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes