Swazdula

Apr 1, 2019
so, 3 things/bugs i notices in the current version (0.09):
1. Ted is called Television in the flashback scenes
2. when we have the drink with carol and we decide not to go further, we still get the kiss-memory from carol
(3.) in the Halloween special, when returning home, we get the line of getting ice for the hand, even though we didnt punch the guy (well, i didnt [telling him off was cooler])

also, really cant bloody wait for the next update (betting in the person at the end being julie)

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I feel like the quote should be pinned to the top of every page in this topic. :)

I feel like a rebound boyfriend. I'm sorry that Acting Lessons hurt so many people, but I'm not that developer. Let me hurt you in my own way. :p
I mean - I don't swing that way .. but still love you .... ;)

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
And three scenes. So one for Carol, one for Naomi and one for both? :p :p:unsure:
Two outta three ain't bad on guesses. :)
so, 3 things/bugs i notices in the current version (0.09):
1. Ted is called Television in the flashback scenes
2. when we have the drink with carol and we decide not to go further, we still get the kiss-memory from carol
(3.) in the Halloween special, when returning home, we get the line of getting ice for the hand, even though we didnt punch the guy (well, i didnt [telling him off was cooler])

also, really cant bloody wait for the next update (betting in the person at the end being julie)
Fixes for 1 and 3 are definitely in the 0.10.0 update. 2... I could see the argument for moving the flag to after the first or last choice. I'll consider that. Thanks for the feedback.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner.jpg

I'm not sure what to say about this episode (without giving too much away). If you've been playing up to this point, you should have a pretty good idea of what's probably gonna play out. While the main story is more of a "take a breather" now that things have calmed down momentarily, there are two threads being weaved into the story for future events.

The chapter's main decision point creates a three-pronged splinter in the story where you can complete the particular segment (before returning to the main arc) with one of three distinct outcomes (which will clearly carry over into future content). Add on an earlier conversation choice about how Jack feels about the situation, there are a number of variants possible, meaning you could possibly not see all of the script without multiple play-throughs.

Gotta say, now that I'm writing this, I realize I'm more "on schedule" than I thought I was going to be. I was sure that this update would be pushing against my usual desire for a "once a month" turnaround time.

Here's the release schedule for 0.10.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3: 11/08/2020
Tier 2: 11/10/2020
Tier 1: 11/12/2020
Public: 11/13/2020

Change Log 0.10.0
  • Added Chapter Ten
  • Implemented first set of Alt Scenes (available after meeting the unlock requirements)
  • Fixed a naming tag that had Ted listed as "Television".
  • Fixed a missing conversation tag in the Halloween Special where players might not punch Rodney.
  • Fixed the flag location to unlock the drunken kissing scene with Carol to after something actually happens.
  • Added code for Unlockable Alt Scenes
Sample Screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
View attachment 889977

I'm not sure what to say about this episode (without giving too much away). If you've been playing up to this point, you should have a pretty good idea of what's probably gonna play out. While the main story is more of a "take a breather" now that things have calmed down momentarily, there are two threads being weaved into the story for future events.

The chapter's main decision point creates a three-pronged splinter in the story where you can complete the particular segment (before returning to the main arc) with one of three distinct outcomes (which will clearly carry over into future content). Add on an earlier conversation choice about how Jack feels about the situation, there are a number of variants possible, meaning you could possibly not see all of the script without multiple play-throughs.

Gotta say, now that I'm writing this, I realize I'm more "on schedule" than I thought I was going to be. I was sure that this update would be pushing against my usual desire for a "once a month" turnaround time.

Here's the release schedule for 0.10.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3: 11/08/2020
Tier 2: 11/10/2020
Tier 1: 11/12/2020
Public: 11/13/2020

Change Log 0.10.0
  • Added Chapter Ten
  • Implemented first set of Alt Scenes (available after meeting the unlock requirements)
  • Fixed a naming tag that had Ted listed as "Television".
  • Fixed a missing conversation tag in the Halloween Special where players might not punch Rodney.
  • Fixed the flag location to unlock the drunken kissing scene with Carol to after something actually happens.
  • Added code for Unlockable Alt Scenes
Sample Screens:
View attachment 889975 View attachment 889976

- Kinderfeld
Hey - I am back in Indiana for my son's wedding and not able to get to the walkthrough until I get back west (and to my PCs) until at least next Saturday (the 14th) probably Sunday as my flights get in at 9pm. Sorry - weeks worked out this way. Congrats on the quick build and cannot wait to play it.

-Mordred

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Hey - I am back in Indiana for my son's wedding and not able to get to the walkthrough until I get back west (and to my PCs) until at least next Saturday (the 14th) probably Sunday as my flights get in at 9pm. Sorry - weeks worked out this way. Congrats on the quick build and cannot wait to play it.

-Mordred
Have fun and a safe trip! I'll drop my usual notes about the update's code in your inbox.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mordred93
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes