FRMC56

Dec 13, 2017
Just discovered this gem of a VN. Could say I found it quite accidently through another forum post when I wasn't necessarily looking for VNs I haven't played before. It's a shame that almost everywhere is getting so crowded it's sometimes hard to find what you like (not that I don't like that there's a lot of variety and choice mind you :)). It's just that there's only so much filters, tags, etc. can do when it comes to finding stuff that's right up your alley.

Anyways, this has quickly become one of my favourite VNs. I really enjoy the back and forth transitions between past and present, and the build-up to the adult content feels well-paced (I'm a fan of the slow burn, but not too slow :p). Also I quite enjoyed the music choices in this VN. Lately, I find myself muting the music in some VNs because I personally feel the music just doesn't fit with what is going on in the VN. But in Now & Then, the music was creepy, somber, and upbeat pretty much where I expected it to be (I especially like the track which is labeled Loyalty Freak Music - Everyone). The only other recent VN that I've gone through which I can say the same thing about the music is City of Broken Dreamers. Hell, some of the music choices in Then & Now give me a Silent Hill vibe.:eek:

Really looking forward to see how this VN progresses. (y):coffee::geek:

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
You are a madman. Most VN's of this quality take months to even begin working on an update and you barely take weeks while dealing with crap like jury duty. Got hold of Hermione's time turner or something?
Hahaha, no. I am a bit of a workaholic who likes to always be busy. Usually, I do take a week or so off, but I don't tend to spend it in a courthouse, detached from a computer or cellphone. :D
Hell, some of the music choices in Then & Now give me a Silent Hill vibe.:eek:
It's purely by intent. I'm a huge fan of Silent Hill and Akira Yamaoka, so I definitely wanted to borrow from that kind of musical atmosphere.

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
Just passing by to relay the latest info from Kinderfeld (hope you don't mind and good luck with your own Law and Order episode)
Enjoy lads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the holiday obligations and required jury duty behind me (Federal case including conspiracy, drug distribution, and gun charges), work on Now & Then Chapter 11 can resume.

Not a lot to say outside of the fact that some of the smaller "chunk work" has streamlined the process for the current workload for the next two weeks. In fact, if the build stays on pace, it'll easily be one of the biggest chapters based purely on volume of screenshots and lines of code. Of course, part of that's because the update features a number of conversations impacted by choices made earlier in the game. Case in point: if you didn't have the talk with Naomi in Chapter 10, you'll have a similar version of it at the beginning of Chapter 11.

Thanks for your support.

- Kinderfeld

Joga

Sep 9, 2018
Say, was Naomi's costume based on Voltes V? Anyhow great game, more power to you. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Just passing by to relay the latest info from @Kinderfeld (hope you don't mind and good luck with your own Law and Order episode)
No prob. Totally fine with people posting stuff from the Patreon, Twitter, or other places I might post content if they want to. In fact, glad to see it because it means people are interested.
Say, was Naomi's costume based on Voltes V? Anyhow great game, more power to you. Looking forward to the next chapter!
It falls into that Voltes V/Battle of the Planets/Starzinger genre. I grew up with a lot of old 70s/80s anime, so I like to sneak that kind of stuff in when I can.
His eyes are red? What is this a terminator? :p
Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. :p

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
So far the only issue i have is after following the walkthrough perfectly I don't get the "put a comforting hand on her leg" option after coming back from looking at the hospital. So either the walkthrough is wrong or that option just doesn't exist. It says I'd get plus 1 trust for Naomi. I don't like missing out on stats in stats games, so hopefully it won't fuck up anything down the road.

EXN

Jun 29, 2018
colored contact lenses could (still) be a thing too...
having those red eyes lenses can make some other people scared of him

Reactions: Kinderfeld

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah Jack go take a bath! :LOL:
ILSProductions@IlsProductions

The problem with #screenshotsaturday for CH11? Way too many potential spoilers. Here's one that's less so. #adultgames #nsfw #visualnovel #indiedev #renpy
EofotgIWEAA6sv6.jpg
Source:

Silver2301

Feb 2, 2019
Why this game is not popular ?? This is like one of the best HS games on this site.
this is truly a hidden gem i just wish a lot of peeps knew about this game so that it could help the dev a lot more.
The game just awesome even when i don't really like father and daughter relation(they are not even blood related)
the writing is great
the render and animation are awesome
the story is just great.
keep up the good work dev.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes