Delas

Feb 12, 2018
Hey there ,

i have a problem with this game.

i try the version from nopy and mega. but the same

the game start, i see a window for 2 second and it close again,,, nothing else happen.
i try to copy the game to a different hdd but same problem..

i also try with and without mod... nothing..

can anybody help me? its the first renpy game where i have this problem

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Try running as admin.

Otherwise try removing the save folder (or just renaming it)
C:\Users\yourusename\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
rename NowandThen_ATale
Also check how long the path name is to the exe, if it's too long it can sometimes cause issues.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
If you're having issues with 13.0, try the .

With reports that some users are having issues getting 0.13.0 to open, I've gone ahead and rolled Ren'py back from 7.4.2 to 7.3.5, which was the version used for everything prior to 0.12.0. As mentioned by , the rework of the Ren'py code in the move to 7.4.2 appears to have caused some issues.

So, below are links for 0.13.1, which is output through Ren'py 7.3.5. THERE IS NO NEW CONTENT IN THIS UPDATE. So, if you got 0.13.0 to work and played through to the end, feel free to ignore this. If not, give the below links a whirl.

Windows:
Mac:

Android:

Change Log 0.13.1
  • Re-built distributions in an older build of Ren'py to hopefully address issues with some users being unable to run the game
  • Minor name fix in a scene where Naomi/Carol comes to Jack's bed and Naomi is named Carol for the whole scene.
Sorry for the inconvenience and hope this works for you,
- Kinderfeld
Apparently, the new build of the Ren'py engine has caused some problems for a few users. 13.1 is run with an older build, so if you didn't have problems before, this should work. Loading a save may cause a hiccup where it jumps back a few lines, but beyond that, based on feedback from other developers running into the same issue, it should work.

Zythnel

Jan 3, 2020
For some reason I can no longer play the game on joiplay. It just crashes immediately whenever I open it.

Zythnel

Jan 3, 2020

Apparently, the new build of the Ren'py engine has caused some problems for a few users. 13.1 is run with an older build, so if you didn't have problems before, this should work. Loading a save may cause a hiccup where it jumps back a few lines, but beyond that, based on feedback from other developers running into the same issue, it should work.
Oh there it is nvm

Edit:
I got the original file I downloaded working so didn't have to redownload again. Seems to be a compression issue

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hey there ,

i have a problem with this game.

i try the version from nopy and mega. but the same

the game start, i see a window for 2 second and it close again,,, nothing else happen.
i try to copy the game to a different hdd but same problem..

i also try with and without mod... nothing..

can anybody help me? its the first renpy game where i have this problem

it is crapping out on Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)

I checked mine and I couldn't find the file. Sorry - but that is at least a start.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
it is crapping out on Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)

I checked mine and I couldn't find the file. Sorry - but that is at least a start.
That means nothing, my log shows the same thing and game runs fine.

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Just hit chapter 2, scrolled fast not to have anything ruined, I am absolutely loving this. Looking forward to some possibility of time with Naomi, maybe both together? No spoilers please but I shall press on and see what unfolds. Great work Dev love this

I was the same and to still have 11 chapters left :D

I also had to google "pep rally" I never really knew what is was, heard it many times but never considered what it was.

Last edited:

Delas

Feb 12, 2018

fixes my problem ,, thx now i can start

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

Ollam

Nov 20, 2017
I am most likely in the minority, however I do not like Sydney at all, she comes across way to distrustful and then
. I honestly hope there is the option of leaving her out of the group, I think my biggest sticking point is h
. Again this is my thoughts on Sydney. As a side note, for someone who is "worried" about her family she has done nothing in trying to locate them, way to fishy for me.

Last edited:

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
I am most likely in the minority, however I do not like Sydney at all, she comes across way to distrustful and then
. I honestly hope there is the option of leaving her out of the group, I think my biggest sticking point is h
. Again this is my thoughts on Sydney. As a side note, for someone who is "worried" about her family she has done nothing in trying to locate them, way to fishy for me.

I would agree that trusting her is premature, Naomi kinda leads her on in all fairness, flashing her and that.

There does seem to be very little point to Jack trusting her enough to have sex with her, seems to be leaning that way. He already has Carol and Naomi. 2 girls that he loves. Jack was fully ready to not find someone new after Lori, he is not a horndog.

Even if she is a redhead :LOL:

Reactions: Naxos

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney didn't really forced herself on Naomi. She was simply responding to the very obvious flirting Noami was doing on the showers. Like throwing her towel away, peeking on Sydney while she was bathing. The only way Naomi could be more obvious would be if she screamed "i want to eat your pussy". :LOL:

Reactions: Juscaa and erkper

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Sydney didn't really forced herself on Naomi. She was simply responding to the very obvious flirting Noami was doing on the showers. Like throwing her towel away, peeking on Sydney while she was bathing. The only way Naomi could be more obvious would be if she screamed "i want to eat your pussy". :LOL:
Ahh by not sharing Naomi, I don't have to worry about all this drama. :KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes