Ren'Py NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.20 Fix] [D.mon Games]

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes

exter

May 29, 2017
D.mon do you have any plans of having a NPC who sells different kind of clothes? Like a tailor or someting. I think it would be fun to have a clothes shop where you can buy clothes for the different NPCs and when you put it in their inventory/sell it to them, they will wear them the next day when all their standard stuff is gone. And the more we interact with the tailor, the more lewd options for clothes will become available.

Reactions: aifman7

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
There are there are 3 events leading up to the fight with Rory, 4'th one leads in to the battle. Once you finish the fight which ever way and go back to the shop, you can use the "Day skip" button, at the tip of your HP bar
View attachment 3920613
That willl reset a few things, including Rorys event counter, which will lead in to another fight, from there, you can go further.

If you are using a previous save, the issue may prevail as the inventory counter goes over the items you actually have. A save file from before this update should work fine.
Ok, thanks, I guess I was lacking patience, I did all that but she wasn't appearing.
It eventually worked.

If I can give some feedback, while Rory reacts during the first two fights when we steal her clothes and begin to fondle her, she has no reaction when we begin to fuck her or win by making her orgasm.

Also, I have a crash with the guard if I cum inside her, the error says something about 'overlay'

Reactions: GeorgeTheGreat

GasNax

Feb 26, 2020
Ah, I might be bugged then, she didn't come back.
I'll try the new fixed version to see if I have more luck.

EDIT: tried a new game, she's still no reappearing.
I waited and she appeared after a few cycles. Also, you can only fuck her while you fight her.
Edit: I am talking about the Android version.

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
D.mon do you have any plans of having a NPC who sells different kind of clothes? Like a tailor or someting. I think it would be fun to have a clothes shop where you can buy clothes for the different NPCs and when you put it in their inventory/sell it to them, they will wear them the next day when all their standard stuff is gone. And the more we interact with the tailor, the more lewd options for clothes will become available.
Yeah, I had the same ideas!
First, yes, there will be many more characters, some who will be vendors. I have been thinking of adding alternative clothes, even using the clothes you steal from characters to dress up others, however, it is quite a undertaking for me to implement such a variety as well as creating all the assets for each and be compatible with the mechanics/animations! That beiong said, haven't compleately written that of just yet, gonna need to learnmore to figure everything out!
Ok, thanks, I guess I was lacking patience, I did all that but she wasn't appearing.
It eventually worked.

If I can give some feedback, while Rory reacts during the first two fights when we steal her clothes and begin to fondle her, she has no reaction when we begin to fuck her or win by making her orgasm.

Also, I have a crash with the guard if I cum inside her, the error says something about 'overlay'
Not sure how it got stuck, but glad it's working now.
I appreceate the feedback, the reason Rory doesn't have reactions to that is cause there will be more storywise before you wuld actually get to those mechanics, just haven't implemented it yet. I left it open for other interactions so that players have a bit more fun in the mean time! :)

As for the crash, if you feel like it, please screenshot the error message and send it to me where ever it's convenient. I don't know what triggers the error your found, so it's hard to fix. And I am sorry for the inconveniance those bugs cause. Since there are so many mechanics, it's hard to test everything before releasing the updates, especcially when there wheren't errors before.

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
So it's more AI assisted art rather than AI Generated? Makes sense, this game contains a lot of stuff that would be extremely hard to do with just pure ai generation.

I really like where this game is going, it just needs more content, and less crashing.

Reactions: D.mon

golwas

Jul 8, 2017
Great proof of concept. Only problem I have is there's no way to lower the shopkeepers anger except waiting. Not sure if you already have something planned for this, but if not maybe spending money at her shop could lower her anger meter.

May 8, 2018
Nice little game, shame there are constant crashes due to unhandled exeptions & other stuff. I suppose this will be addressed in a future update?

Pipel1

Feb 1, 2022
Game just keeps crashing at some moments (last one was after I skipped the day and was supposed to have 2nd encounter with guard), any way to fix?

OverlordCW

May 22, 2023
Had an exception while fucking the guard:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/events/battle.rpyc", line 461, in script
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1428, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1391, in show_imspec
    renpy.config.show(name,
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 759, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1280, in add
    thing.visit_all(lambda d : None)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 684, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 674, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1498, in visit
    self.update(self.last_st, self.last_at)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1509, in update
    raw_child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1600, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1595, in condition_switch_pick
    raise Exception("Switch could not choose a displayable.")

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
TheShopkeeper 0.20fix
Mon Aug 12 21:16:32 2024

checkin4

May 24, 2024
1723491732484.png
This is a fun glitch if you start a new day while in this action...it keeps going the next day. No gages fill though.

tacosgrande

Sep 29, 2018
Had an exception while fucking the guard:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/events/battle.rpyc", line 461, in script
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1428, in execute
    show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1391, in show_imspec
    renpy.config.show(name,
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 759, in show
    sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1280, in add
    thing.visit_all(lambda d : None)
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 674, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1498, in visit
    self.update(self.last_st, self.last_at)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1509, in update
    raw_child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1600, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "F:\system\_Games\TheShopkeeper-0.20fix-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1595, in condition_switch_pick
    raise Exception("Switch could not choose a displayable.")

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
TheShopkeeper 0.20fix
Mon Aug 12 21:16:32 2024
I also had this issue.

It engages when you try to cum in the guard. Doing so causes the above bug report. You can make her climax, but the second you try to finish, it crashes and you have to roll it back.

D.Mon, you're doing great work.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes