DanielGottaGo

Aug 2, 2020
Sure, but again, those are reasons to delay releasing anything. Those are not reasons for not saying anything about the progress, or whether or not new features are being worked on.
It's not good to over promise things in games, but to remain as silent as GB currently is, when he used to be so vocal? That can only make people lose hope, and eventually interest.

Again, we can only wait and see : )
I have faith in him, he'll do what he gotta do.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Something tells me that the whole "outside" part that GB was adding in probably made certain problems crop-up... Maybe. Talking out of my ass here right now, honestly.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised either. Each update brought some bugs or problems so this one would be a rare exception. Makes no difference to why he is not communicating though, which is just not his style whatsoever.

Reactions: Marco110

Bamboosword

Jan 2, 2020
Well I'd say that if there's still nothing by August, then it's time to start moving on

Fist off nice profile pic, been using it on steam and discord since anime came out :D
Second, I saw a post that the next update will be something with the outdoors, idk when but I think the dev is still working on it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Originel

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Fist off nice profile pic, been using it on steam and discord since anime came out :D
Second, I saw a post that the next update will be something with the outdoors, idk when but I think the dev is still working on it.
Haha, yeah, but that post was from when exactly? That's right, March 5th. A day later he posted an update, and since then it's been radio silence. That's 120 days (3 months, 28 days) of GB not posting anything. Sure, 120 days is an amount that's reasonable for making such an update, but not for being silent.

Again, I'm all for hope, and I'm really hoping that the game is still in development, but the silence is just odd and troubling. The arguments for why he wouldn't be working on it are getting stronger, the arguments for why would still be working on it are getting weaker : /

But it might as well be that GB is just ill, or dealing with personal stuff, and that GB just picks up development later, and everything gets delayed.

deeznuts420

Aug 15, 2018
Haha, yeah, but that post was from when exactly? That's right, March 5th. A day later he posted an update, and since then it's been radio silence. That's 120 days (3 months, 28 days) of GB not posting anything. Sure, 120 days is an amount that's reasonable for making such an update, but not for being silent.

Again, I'm all for hope, and I'm really hoping that the game is still in development, but the silence is just odd and troubling. The arguments for why he wouldn't be working on it are getting stronger, the arguments for why would still be working on it are getting weaker : /

But it might as well be that GB is just ill, or dealing with personal stuff, and that GB just picks up development later, and everything gets delayed.
I agree, almost 4 months seems a bit extreme. One can only hope, but I have to admit that it's looking a bit grim at this point. Would be a shame, since this game has some great potential.

• Sad

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Have faith my friend.

It's coming and it's gonna hit hard.
Having faith or hope is fine. Stating it's coming as if it's fact without anything to back it up, is just silly. Like I've posted before, I'm still hoping for some sign, but if we have to base an assumption on any previous behaviour, this is not looking good. Doesn't mean we have to lose hope, does mean we shouldn't simply say "It's coming" without any proof.

Also, just checked the website. Still nothing : P Just some comments of people having hope, losing hope, or postulating ultimatums..

Would be sad to lose a game like this. It's quite unique (graphics alone already).

Originel

Nov 16, 2017
i will wait for the 6 month delay before believing it's dead.
reason: from janueary to march we didn't get any new, it the type of guy coming back saying "sorry i'm late" so...

Any mod yet?

KawaiiPutin

May 13, 2020
Modding the game would be difficult and most likely just as time consuming as actually developing the game, so I doubt there's anyone taking it on

• Sad

DanielGottaGo

Aug 2, 2020
Having faith or hope is fine. Stating it's coming as if it's fact without anything to back it up, is just silly. Like I've posted before, I'm still hoping for some sign, but if we have to base an assumption on any previous behaviour, this is not looking good. Doesn't mean we have to lose hope, does mean we shouldn't simply say "It's coming" without any proof.

Also, just checked the website. Still nothing : P Just some comments of people having hope, losing hope, or postulating ultimatums..

Would be sad to lose a game like this. It's quite unique (graphics alone already).
Aight, I'm pretty concern his whereabouts now. At least he should announce something :<.

Reactions: Reluser and WSmith

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
Looks like even DL lost the hope or got info from GB.
Why do you say DL lost hope? Do you see anything on their site that makes you say this? I don't find anything but I could easily have overlooked things.

i will wait for the 6 month delay before believing it's dead.
reason: from janueary to march we didn't get any new, it the type of guy coming back saying "sorry i'm late" so...
That's a bit of a deceptive statement. He posted on his blog on 22 January and again on 5 March. So, you're technically correct, but that's only 42 days. Saying "from January to March" almost sounds like it's 3 months, but it's not even 1,5. And here we are, 124 days and counting, so that's 3 times as long already.

Again, we can always have hope, but the 6 months silence is getting close. Even if he comes back with a "sorry, I'm late", I think it will be due to reasons we all can't tell, such as a personal problem (family matters, illness, etc.).

I was considering making a mod which decensors some of the art and translates those speech bubbles into English. But as for mods which add new content, I imagine that's really difficult for unity games.
That would be amazing! Would it be difficult you think?

Custom_sKing

Apr 16, 2020
Oh, I just noticed about this situation and I hate when it happens. The same is currently happening with Takapiko00 the developer of Kirsch Virch with 3 months of silence.

• Sad
Reactions: GabrielER
Jul 17, 2020
That would be amazing! Would it be difficult you think?
Technically speaking, replacing image assets in a unity game isn't that tricky. The problem is I'm not much of an artist :-(

On a different note, if anyone could recommend similar games to this one, with Netori focus / pixel art / fun gameplay, would love to hear some suggestions. Only one that comes to mind is Summer Memories.

4.20 star(s) 76 Votes