Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
ah yes, the biyearly debate on what NTR is and the nuances therein
my incredibly hot, fresh-off-the-stove take is that if there exists a connection between MC and FMC such that the NTR dude banging FMC makes you feel bad for MC (or invokes feelings of jealousy, or being stolen from, if you like to self-insert), then that counts as netorare.
If its in this thread, yeah, there's this occasional debate on these topics. But around this site, whenever there's an ntr game popping out , there's always 8 in 10 chances that these debate comes up. It's more sporadic

His previous reviews of NTR games whether JP or not were also hung up on realism. bruh..
Wait really? That's kinda sad.

zebucetiva

Jun 24, 2018
For anyone outsider, don't worry, this is a canonical event in this thread. Every month a discussion about NTR is mandatory in here. No one will be hurt.

Reactions: m823543

fuckyoutoo22

Mar 11, 2020
You can even look at it. Here's the example. #9,699
All of his takes boil down to realism. Conclusion - "Scars of Summer" is an overhyped mediocrity. :4Head:
Lol, he actually posted a news article just prove his point about the game not taking the smell of the homeless guy into account.

Way to make a fool of yourself. He is just someone with a specific taste and headstrong about what works or not for him, but decided that somehow everyone should conform to how he prefer things.

Ginger Swan

Mar 20, 2019
With this discussion, I got curious and looked into the definition of 'netorare' in a Japanese dictionary (Obunsha Japanese Dictionary 11th ed for reference). This is what I found:

他人の配偶者や愛人と肉体的な関係を結んで、自分のものにする。

"To form a physical relationship with someone else's spouse or beloved one and make them your own."

That's the core of the action, and everything else (e.g. a situation involving a mother, wife, sister, bully, ugly bastard, hot and rich, womanizer, childhood friend, crush, etc.) are just flavors authors use in their works.

If you take any situation in a piece of work related to this action, you will awaken different emotions depending on your pov as a reader and how the work itself is presented. If the pov is the one affected with this action (the most popular type of NTR in fiction works) then you're going to evoke a feeling of loss that could be severe, to the point that you could feel as if they died, depending on the connection you've formed with the person who was stolen (It greatly depends on how skillful the writer is and if that was their intention). If the pov is the one doing the action, then you will likely evoke feelings of power and pleasure from taking away someone else's beloved or the pleasure of exerting physical and emotional control over a female.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I've tried to debunk this statement. They are not overlapping at all imo. But cheating part, yeah, misread it.

About jp people. Same as us, they start to lose the sense of the genre, it's true meaning. Or, as stated above, simply use the tag to draw more attention.
Dude, why quote me, say that I'm wrong, followed by immediately saying that they are similar in part?

What do you think a Venn diagram 'with some overlap' means, if not 'similar in part'?

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
still have a non-R18 game in the works, so they're still remaining in concept phase unfortunately
Ooh that's good to hear actually. That's a smart choice you've done if im being honest .
Make a basic simple game(s) first to familiarize yourself in coding before going for complex stuff.

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
I've seen an update or dlc on the game Seeds of the Dead. If there's someone here that plays the game, can you remind me how the ntr works in this one? Is it worth playing the game?

I might pick it up once I've finished Ntr Knight.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I've tried to debunk this statement. They are not overlapping at all imo. But cheating part, yeah, misread it.

About jp people. Same as us, they start to lose the sense of the genre, it's true meaning. Or, as stated above, simply use the tag to draw more attention.
I think cuckoldry and netorase are the closest. But the way I see the difference is with cuckoldry your wife is still yours. But with netorase shes someone elses now. But in both your ok with the situation.

Sep 8, 2021
Ntr games has warped my perception so much that I was playing an older game in my files which I forgot I even downloaded, and when I saw one of the few side characters was an old man, I suddenly blanked and realized I had no memory of whether or not this was an NTR game and whether I needed to temper my expectations for the female leads.

I then realized not knowing was kinda hot, so I kept playing. Turned out to be vanilla anyway, but that period of uncertainty was fun while it lasted lol

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Ntr games has warped my perception so much that I was playing an older game in my files which I forgot I even downloaded, and when I saw one of the few side characters was an old man, I suddenly blanked and realized I had no memory of whether or not this was an NTR game and whether I needed to temper my expectations for the female leads.

I then realized not knowing was kinda hot, so I kept playing. Turned out to be vanilla anyway, but that period of uncertainty was fun while it lasted lol
I feel the same thing sometimes, but i didn't know how to explain it

Ivriktwo

Oct 14, 2021
With this discussion, I got curious and looked into the definition of 'netorare' in a Japanese dictionary (Obunsha Japanese Dictionary 11th ed for reference). This is what I found:

他人の配偶者や愛人と肉体的な関係を結んで、自分のものにする。

"To form a physical relationship with someone else's spouse or beloved one and make them your own."

That's the core of the action, and everything else (e.g. a situation involving a mother, wife, sister, bully, ugly bastard, hot and rich, womanizer, childhood friend, crush, etc.) are just flavors authors use in their works.

If you take any situation in a piece of work related to this action, you will awaken different emotions depending on your pov as a reader and how the work itself is presented. If the pov is the one affected with this action (the most popular type of NTR in fiction works) then you're going to evoke a feeling of loss that could be severe, to the point that you could feel as if they died, depending on the connection you've formed with the person who was stolen (It greatly depends on how skillful the writer is and if that was their intention). If the pov is the one doing the action, then you will likely evoke feelings of power and pleasure from taking away someone else's beloved or the pleasure of exerting physical and emotional control over a female.
thank god there is a definition. the fight can stop now, like for real

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
thank god there is a definition. the fight can stop now, like for real
I'll give it a month or two . There's sometimes new people trickling down in this thread who would instigate this topic again.
I think no one is fighting here in the first place. Most people here already know you dont need to have a love relationship to define ntr., that it can be one-sided as well, and most of all , it depends on the context.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes