Which scene do you like in the game?

• Total voters

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
Anyone know how Elsa is doing?

I hope she's feeling okay and getting better or at least no worse and that her condition, assuming it actually is any kind of a condition, has stabilised and she's had no further recurrence of her problem.

If you happen to see this, Ms Elsa, my best wishes for a sustained period of wellness to you. Try not to stress too much about it if you can because stress can actually make things a whole lot worse than they might be if you just try and be careful, watch what you're doing and ride whatever it is out as calmly as possible. Assuming it will let you of course.

Easy for me to say I know. Sorry about that.

Anyway best wishes to you, ma'am. Take care!
Thank you! Unfortunately thats what I did =(
I overthink too much and stress sometimes when my condition became different. I went to the doctor and the doctor says my stress is causing all of this. Lesson learnt. I am trying my best to think positive. =(

Is there any more advise for me? =(

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
Advising remotely is not really very useful, but there is some general advice I will give you based on my own experiences of handling stress which is admittedly going to be different for each of us. All I can tell you is the following and by its very generalized nature its effectiveness, logic and use to you should be self evident.

Believe in your doctor. She is a professional and you are not, so you need to trust that she knows what she is doing to help you and therefore you need to act upon whatever she recommends or tells you to do. In doing this you have absolutely no reason to think or believe that you are not on the way to a full or partial recovery.

Don't allow yourself to be the cause of your own stress. This you directly control yourself, whether you are actually strong enough to do so or not, you nevertheless possess the power within to control it through dismissing or blocking it by force of will. Regardless of whether you can or cannot, this will not influence or detract from the fact that you are moving forward with a health resolution and that in the meantime you can't do any more than do the best you can to distract yourself and just be patient.
Wow!! This word is so strong! Thank you!!! I will continue to believe it!! Nice wordsss

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I overthink too much and stress sometimes when my condition became different. I went to the doctor and the doctor says my stress is causing all of this. Lesson learnt. I am trying my best to think positive. =(

One thing I do to de-stress is the following:

If you have a nice local park, then eating a meal there at least every day or two can be good. Just pack some sandwiches or get a little food from a fast-food place and have a little picnic. You would be surprised how much of a positive impact just sitting outside an hour a day can make.

Another thing that drops stress is engaging less in social media. If you find yourself, when you are stressed or bored, defaulting to scrolling on social media, don't. Seeing other people's tailored lives, reading shit-posts from others, engaging in constant political or social arguments, or seeing big terrible world events you can't do anything about, all can increase stress. If your stress starts to build, then step out of the tech bubble, set your phone down somewhere away from you, and just sit in the quiet for fifteen minutes on the couch or step outside and just do some deep breathing exercises. I'm not kidding when I say that I nearly killed myself with stress that was brought on largely by my addiction to social media and tech. I was a coiled-up spring of stress, and I nearly broke under the pressure. After cutting out Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and all that my stress level dropped drastically. I can engage a little now with some things (this site for example), but it took me a while to retrain myself to do it without it being stress inducing.

There are other things you can do too but these two are the ones that helped me the most when my stress nearly took me out. And the picnic in the park as often as possible is a big one that still keeps me balanced when I start to drift back to my old ways and lose it again.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021

Take a vacation, go to Langkawi for a few days and relax and rest and de-stress

Demnor

Apr 12, 2020

There's a lot to be said about stress, anxiety and mental exhaustion. As Gosamr mentioned it hits everybody different and it is not easy to advice anyone from a distance or without a face to face conversation. It's all about how it hits you and what triggers the stress for you. The words about trusting your doctor and to believe in yourself are also very true.

You are getting some sound advice . As JoeTheMC84 said spending time in a green environment is known to reduce stress as is decreasing the time you spend on social media. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc are i many cases problematic because they show us a world that is not real. Putting away your phone is another good suggestion: studies have shown that just by having your phone on the table, face down, while eating, having a meeting or just sitting down with your friends for a snack - stress levels go up.

I would like to add that if you are prone to putting too much pressure on your self, then re-thinking how you set goals and to find positive energy boosters is a good idea.

Try and work with goals that start with - I will commence/start doing something (Eg I will start writing my story for 4 hours). This way of formulating goals lessens the pressure since they do not specify that I have to complete the goal in question. Also try and give yourself a weekly checklist with the most important goals/todos of the week using the same formula. Make sure you have a realistic amount of stuff on your list and that you are able to complete the work related ones in 4 out 5 workdays. That way you have a spare day if you need it and if not you can reward yourself with a day off.

The checklist will help do two things. First it gives a semblance of control, your brain will percieve the list as if you can control at least parts of the world around you. Second it gives you a chance to tick-off items on the list and to reward yourself for doing so. The word "done" is proven to have positive effects on our stress levels, as is any type of praise or reward. Unfortunately we are often not very good at praising ourselves, we have an easier time being negative or critical when it comes to evaluating our actions. (Eg I go to a store and buy 9 out of 10 items on my mental shopping list. I should praise myself for remembering 9 out 10 things, but I am more likely to be frustrated/angry with myself for forgetting the one item I didn't get). My recommendation is to work on praising yourself, and to recognize your achievements.

Try and find positive energy boosts - a hobby or an interest, and surround yourself with people that give you positive energy rather than those who suck energy from you. Make sure you have time off from work and anything that feels like work to re-charge your batteries.

Also remeber that your health is your numer one priority. In your life you are the most important person, without you it would not be your life.

After your health, your second most important priority should be people that provide you with positive energy (friends, family, loved ones) and your spare time activities, hobbies and intersts. Here you get positive energy that will help you feel better and cope with problems and issues.

After these come work and work-like activities. If you are not healthy and if you do not have enough energy you will not be able to have a sustainable work-life.

Other than this yes, trust your doctor and trust in your self. You have what it takes to get out of this and to move on. I am not saying it will be easy, but you can do it.

Good luck, you have already taken the most important step to getting better when you chose to get help and reach out to people around you.

Last edited:

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
Thank you guys, its nice to know the people that goes through it before and telling me through experience. I can learn from you guys.

I have tried putting goals and completing them and it helps. I'll tried following some other advises that you gave.

Yea, overthinking really sux and no one really understands me, they just dismiss it as a small problem and tell me not to overthink. I dont want to overthink, but it just happens even if i dont want sometimes.

Thank you again! <3

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Yea, overthinking really sux and no one really understands me, they just dismiss it as a small problem and tell me not to overthink. I dont want to overthink, but it just happens even if i dont want sometimes.
I've been there! I used to get people telling me all the time to just stop letting things get to me, stop being depressed and think happy things, to just relax, and stop overthinking everything.

One day I snapped at someone and told them that them saying that wasn't helping. That telling me to just get over it would be like them saying to a blind person, "Just be able to see, it isn't that hard, I can see." I told them that I had to work very hard to just function like a "normal person" and them belittling it was not helpful and just made it worse.

I wouldn't advise letting it get to that point with the people around you, but after that they were more understanding and supportive of my struggles. I can't promise if you open up and tell the people who are around you this kind of thing it'll help but it might. Of course, you're struggles will be different so I don't want to give too much advice that I would give myself if I could go back in time and have a chat with younger me. Though I'll be honest, if I was giving younger me this advice before I snapped, he probably wouldn't have taken it, lol. If I could have talked about with the people close to me before it got that far it might not have been as bad, so it can be easier said than done.

Wish you all the best Elsa and I know you can handle anything, even if it feels sometimes like you can't. You got this.

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
I've been there! I used to get people telling me all the time to just stop letting things get to me, stop being depressed and think happy things, to just relax, and stop overthinking everything.

One day I snapped at someone and told them that them saying that wasn't helping. That telling me to just get over it would be like them saying to a blind person, "Just be able to see, it isn't that hard, I can see." I told them that I had to work very hard to just function like a "normal person" and them belittling it was not helpful and just made it worse.

I wouldn't advise letting it get to that point with the people around you, but after that they were more understanding and supportive of my struggles. I can't promise if you open up and tell the people who are around you this kind of thing it'll help but it might. Of course, you're struggles will be different so I don't want to give too much advice that I would give myself if I could go back in time and have a chat with younger me. Though I'll be honest, if I was giving younger me this advice before I snapped, he probably wouldn't have taken it, lol. If I could have talked about with the people close to me before it got that far it might not have been as bad, so it can be easier said than done.

Wish you all the best Elsa and I know you can handle anything, even if it feels sometimes like you can't. You got this.
Thank you, I tried to talk some people, but most people just say like it was easy and get annoyed with me.

And then there is my best friend who always comfort me when I talk to her but then after a week of me non-stop overthinking. she snapped and say stop it, i am being annoying to her. Just get a grip.

Since that day, I stopped relying on anyone. I just rely on myself ~

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Thank you, I tried to talk some people, but most people just say like it was easy and get annoyed with me.

And then there is my best friend who always comfort me when I talk to her but then after a week of me non-stop overthinking. she snapped and say stop it, i am being annoying to her. Just get a grip.

Since that day, I stopped relying on anyone. I just rely on myself ~
That's a danger of chronic stress and anxiety. You find someone who you start to rely on and then you end up pushing them away, or they end up letting you down and pushing you away. It's a cycle of hurt that is hard to break. You just have to do the best you can and try and remember that is all anyone else is doing too. It's not easy. It can be hard to open up to people because you know they will let you down. It's even harder after they have let you down.

No one can do everything alone though. We are social beings; it's how we were created. If you ever need to talk or vent or just spill your heart out, you can shoot me a direct message. I've been through it and while I can't promise to always be there or never let you down. I can promise to always try to be there and do the best I can to not let you down. Sometimes it's easier to say things to a random stranger than the person next to you at home. No pressure of course, feel free to take or leave anything I've said. :)

Reactions: damnedfrog

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
Anyone know how Elsa is doing?

I hope she's feeling okay and getting better or at least no worse and that her condition, assuming it actually is any kind of a condition, has stabilised and she's had no further recurrence of her problem.

If you happen to see this, Ms Elsa, my best wishes for a sustained period of wellness to you. Try not to stress too much about it if you can because stress can actually make things a whole lot worse than they might be if you just try and be careful, watch what you're doing and ride whatever it is out as calmly as possible. Assuming it will let you of course.

Easy for me to say I know. Sorry about that.

Anyway best wishes to you, ma'am. Take care!
Hi friend. Can you private message me ?

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

jorgemtz88

Apr 30, 2018
Thank you guys, its nice to know the people that goes through it before and telling me through experience. I can learn from you guys.

I have tried putting goals and completing them and it helps. I'll tried following some other advises that you gave.

Thank you again! <3
Elsa, I overthink as well and for me is all day and everyday, that combined with anxiety disorder and chronic deppresion really takes me down, I've been fighting against this for almost all my life, I try to keep my mind busy to avoid going to dark places because of overthinking.
What has helped me is trying to slow down, listen to soft music (I love piano music, but I also listen to some soundtracks that I like), taking a walk, going out of the city everyonce in a while, I have my support group (family and close friends who are available to me in case of a severe crisis) and having my periodic checkups with a professional, I had to start taking meds because I was getting worse, the first thing the doctors gave me was something to slow down my mind at night so I could sleep, that along other meds to treat deppression and anxiety is what keeps me going.
What I've learned all these years is that you may have a lot of methods or ways to calm you, but if you don't really get help, then what you are doing is just surviving and sooner or later you are going to get tired of fighting and develop higher levels of anxiety and maybe depression.
Stress is one of the worst things to have when you suffer from overthinking and overthinking gets you stressed, is a vice cycle, but you must find the ways that works for you to relax, the more relax you are the less you overthink, also if you suffer from anxiety and/or depression, get proffessional help, it's the best way, they may give you meds or not, everyone is different, but the help you may receive will make you feel safe, well, only if you feel comfortable with your doctors, if not it will not help at all... been there... look for the treatment that works for you, take what you feel comfortable with and make your own method, one that works for you and you will feel better, it may take time I won't lie, but it will get better.
About trying to avoid relying on other people... DON'T... no matter how strong you may be, sooner or later you will get tired, you need to relieve the pressure that builds in your mind (your feelings, fears, thoughts, etc.), and the people who get annoyed because of how you overthink, I think everyone that suffers from this can relate, it has happened to us, you just need to learn to dose the way you relieve the pressure, I don't know how to explain it, its something that happened to me a few years ago, I learned how to relieve the pressure of my mind in a way that my friends and family don't feel annoyed and get the relief that I needed, now, they get annoyed when I have a severe crisis because I don't talk to them before it gets bad, the problem is that I get really bad late at night and I won't wake them up unless is a real emergency and my meds aren't enough.
And for the record, I'm 34 and was diagnosed like 14 years ago, before that, I was fighting agains my own mind alone without knowing what I had, I've been with anxiety dissorder since I was like 2 or 3 and with depression since I was 8.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 52 Votes