tunknownusert

Aug 3, 2020
To anyone that wants to change the name of the MC and can run some python code through something like jupyter notebook or w/e, below is a super basic method I used to quickly change all instances of the name kirk to the name of my choice. Seems alot of the dialog is stored in the map files as the dialog is just hard coded and not using variables for characters etc.

Python:
import os 
import fileinput 
import glob

os.chdir('C:\\Users\\Whateveryourusernameis\\ObasansSaga_1.30\\Obasans Saga ver130\\www\\data')

#YOU CAN CHANGE THE *.json portion below to whatever format you want if you want to target specific files instead of all json files in the directory
for file in glob.glob('*.json'):
    with open(file, 'r') as mapfile :
      filedata = mapfile.read()

# Replace the target string
    filedata = filedata.replace('Kirk', 'PUT THE NAME YOU WANT IN HERE')

# Write the file out again
    with open(file, 'w') as mapfile:
      mapfile.write(filedata)

LycraPawn

May 13, 2019
Sorry for double posting. But where exactly is the Mimic Boss? I've gone between Helene's Temple and the Cave numerous times yet I can't find the Mimic Boss anywere. Got any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, I mistook the Mimic for an already opened treasure chest.

thebruneitor

Aug 8, 2017
What is this for? A new Obasan Saga Update or a sequel to the game?
Yes. It's like a continuation but not quite. It's another story but characters from the past game will make an appearance (as well as characters from the enoshima doujin in oba-san saga). It's a pity that it always says it's moving forward about the new game BUT it's not very specific about what is finish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
"turn based combat"
you lost me. Enough of this crap already, RPG maker has horrible combat and we've all seen it a hundred times already, it's just a time sink, it is not fun
Idk what you are talking about. This and many other RPGM games are awesome to play.

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
Yes. It's like a continuation but not quite. It's another story but characters from the past game will make an appearance (as well as characters from the enoshima doujin in oba-san saga). It's a pity that it always says it's moving forward about the new game BUT it's not very specific about what is finish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
New post says that its coming end of November but he wants to have a Demo mid November (undecided). So we have something to look forward to.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes