Big Boss | Erect Snake

I’m just a man who’s good at what he does: Fucking
Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
Heya! How's the progress going, man? Im just itching to comment "Wake up, babe, Infamouspantybandit uploaded."
Hahahah! Ironic since I "technically" upload something quite often on the site now, but I've been slacking, tbh. Work is kickin my ass and is ramping up for the holidays now. Since I'm a sales manager for one of the largest tech companies in the world, it's kind of a thing when this time of year comes.

Now, I've been looking at my KKS app more and more, so I think I'm starting to get the drive to create again, so keep an eye peeled for something soon.

OcelotRRR

Jul 22, 2019
Hahahah! Ironic since I "technically" upload something quite often on the site now, but I've been slacking, tbh. Work is kickin my ass and is ramping up for the holidays now. Since I'm a sales manager for one of the largest tech companies in the world, it's kind of a thing when this time of year comes.

Now, I've been looking at my KKS app more and more, so I think I'm starting to get the drive to create again, so keep an eye peeled for something soon.
Sure will, man, no pressure!

ChaosIsHip

Jul 7, 2021
generally I'm not fond of 3d models
but given what it's replacing, well,
I'm very open to seeing how this goes

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Well the only risk I see in this project is that the game has planned quite a few DLC's, the first one being supposed to happen on Q1 2023 or so and it would imply new transformations and situations that this mod won't be able to account.

Big Boss | Erect Snake

Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
Well the only risk I see in this project is that the game has planned quite a few DLC's, the first one being supposed to happen on Q1 2023 or so and it would imply new transformations and situations that this mod won't be able to account.
Unless the dev removes, redoes, renames or replaces any of the images currently in the game, this mod will still work just fine with whatever updates they add, including DLC. I'll just take those into account when the time comes and add onto it as it is. New transformations sounds fun!

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Merry Crimmus! Look who's back at it after a hiatus! hint:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Alisha's Bimbo form:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Based on:
View attachment 2261511 View attachment 2261512
Oh wow, that's pretty spot on m8.

Now that I think about this, no matter what software you're using: how hard is it to recreate some of the status effects/postures/visuals of characters on a 3d space/renderer? I'd imagine you need to take some shortcuts here and there to make some of them either viable, appealing, or faithful. Just curious.

Big Boss | Erect Snake

Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
Oh wow, that's pretty spot on m8.

Now that I think about this, no matter what software you're using: how hard is it to recreate some of the status effects/postures/visuals of characters on a 3d space/renderer? I'd imagine you need to take some shortcuts here and there to make some of them either viable, appealing, or faithful. Just curious.
Well, I'm still trying to come up with a system to optimize my production of the renders.

Currently, I have base models of each playable character that I edit for different status effects. I have clothing templates I can apply to each base which minimizes the amount of times I have to recreate a look.

The tricky part is that there are 2 different modes I have to use if I want to make a pose manually. There's the main game's Character Creator, and then there's the Studio Mode outside of the main game. Aside from the character cards I make in the creator which allow some basic poses, the two modes don't talk to each other much at all. The Studio mode gives me much more freedom (*see the Puppet models and the Asura model earlier in this thread), but I can't save them as cards or templates, so I have to keep recreating these poses for every character or NPC when I'm in Studio. It's a pain in the dick.

Big Boss | Erect Snake

Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
What do you all think? Should I release a download with what I have provided so far? It's not much, so for the most part, the game is going to be mostly unchanged, with the occasional 3D image showing up in rare places at the moment...

I'm gonna put a poll up on the first page.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Well, I'm still trying to come up with a system to optimize my production of the renders.

Currently, I have base models of each playable character that I edit for different status effects. I have clothing templates I can apply to each base which minimizes the amount of times I have to recreate a look.

The tricky part is that there are 2 different modes I have to use if I want to make a pose manually. There's the main game's Character Creator, and then there's the Studio Mode outside of the main game. Aside from the character cards I make in the creator which allow some basic poses, the two modes don't talk to each other much at all. The Studio mode gives me much more freedom (*see the Puppet models and the Asura model earlier in this thread), but I can't save them as cards or templates, so I have to keep recreating these poses for every character or NPC when I'm in Studio. It's a pain in the dick.
So that means that it's not the models that are annoying, but more how the poses look in-game vs what you can do in the Studio Mode, right?

And since the two modes don't communicate with each other, nor can you save whatever you have to pass from one mode to the other, does it mean you have to make 2 different models? Or have a single model/pose, then recreate it in Studio mode?

Big Boss | Erect Snake

Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
So that means that it's not the models that are annoying, but more how the poses look in-game vs what you can do in the Studio Mode, right?

And since the two modes don't communicate with each other, nor can you save whatever you have to pass from one mode to the other, does it mean you have to make 2 different models? Or have a single model/pose, then recreate it in Studio mode?
Let me clarify.

The in-game character creator has pose presets that I mainly use, since there's a ton of poses that works for the game's assets. I'm not opposed to creative freedom, as I know the Kisekae platform also has it's own limits that I'm sure Vhiel has encountered in one form or another. But no matter what poses are in the CC, the Studio just loads the character cards I make into T-Pose, and I can use FK/IK to manually pose each limb, etc. Even down to the fingers if I want (I don't). Mind you, the Studio also lets me select some poses that are in the CC, but I can't create a new look or character in Studio, so it's almost useless for a game like this, outside of custom poses.

I use the game's original assets to determine posing, and I can either snap a capture of the character from the CC and use that, which makes it easier to move onto a different look/status effect or character, or I save that character as a card, save the outfit as a template, and then load them into studio to make the pose, which doesn't save in any usable format for the game if I don't take a 4K screengrab (for asset resolution purposes).

Does that make sense?

This is what I always have up on my vertical monitor, with paint.net opened in the background (not shown).
1671997438470.png
Top left are my raw captures. Bottom left are the game's asset files themselves, and the bottom right is the artmod I'm building. You can see there's 31 images I've made for the mod, and there's 952 images in total for just the faces. There are 3 other folders with images too that I make in tandem from 2 screengrabs of the characters I make. A lot of work is going into this, lmao.

This is the CC screen I spend most of my time on, as I can tweak and change appearance on a whim from here, and you can see some of the character cards I've had to make for when I load them up in either Studio, or as a template for other characters when I get to them.
1671997731443.png

Last edited:

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Let me clarify.

The in-game character creator has pose presets that I mainly use, since there's a ton of poses that works for the game's assets. I'm not opposed to creative freedom, as I know the Kisekae platform also has it's own limits that I'm sure Vhiel has encountered in one form or another. But no matter what poses are in the CC, the Studio just loads the character cards I make into T-Pose, and I can use FK/IK to manually pose each limb, etc. Even down to the fingers if I want (I don't). Mind you, the Studio also lets me select some poses that are in the CC, but I can't create a new look or character in Studio, so it's almost useless for a game like this, outside of custom poses.

I use the game's original assets to determine posing, and I can either snap a capture of the character from the CC and use that, which makes it easier to move onto a different look/status effect or character, or I save that character as a card, save the outfit as a template, and then load them into studio to make the pose, which doesn't save in any usable format for the game if I don't take a 4K screengrab (for asset resolution purposes).

Does that make sense?

This is what I always have up on my vertical monitor, with paint.net opened in the background (not shown).
View attachment 2263099
Top left are my raw captures. Bottom left are the game's asset files themselves, and the bottom right is the artmod I'm building. You can see there's 31 images I've made for the mod, and there's 952 images in total for just the faces. There are 3 other folders with images too that I make in tandem from 2 screengrabs of the characters I make. A lot of work is going into this, lmao.

This is the CC screen I spend most of my time on, as I can tweak and change appearance on a whim from here, and you can see some of the character cards I've had to make for when I load them up in either Studio, or as a template for other characters when I get to them.
View attachment 2263109
Oh wow, that's more complex than I anticipated @_@

From what I gather now, CC is mostly for, well, creating characters and their different status effects, while Studio mode can take care of poses, but is unable to save in a format the base game unless it's in 4k resolution, aka, more file size, right?

And those character cards are for easy traversal when in need of modifying them for other poses/facial expressions/etc instead of making them again from scratch, correct?

Big Boss | Erect Snake

Uploader
Donor
Feb 8, 2020
Pretty close. Studio is for poses that I can't make in CC, like complex poses not included in CC, poses with multiple arms or multiple characters in a picture asset (like bad ends or Ashura status effects, which have 6 arms on a character). That's what I usually use Studio mode for. In both cases (CC or studio), I take a 4K screenshot, open it in paint.net (beacuse I wont pay for photoshop and fuck GIMP), and work some magic there to make sure it fits the same positioning and size as the original game asset so it's a perfect swap in.