Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
Well... I just discovered a new and interesting thing... Apparently Grim Blades Reaping mechanic now does a instakill... on stuff that is invulnerable normally.

Case in point... Lilliana Golem in Kepiat Gallery i just killed when it protected Kepiat and I attacked with Sable wielding Grim Blade. Instakill procced so... well I got this now.

Continued battle as normal, bar the screwy appearance and the fact the Golem is straightup not there anymore, you can still defeat Kepiat without issue. This is not gamebreaking.

1644768530005.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HikkiG

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
...Out of curiosity, does anyone know the passcode to Mahani Locked Door? As while I am aware that your supposed to figure it out from the clues posted around the site... but it is honestly painful.

Never mind, Its Darkness (Bottom right), Fire (Top Left) and Light (Bottom Left)...

Puzzle would be less painful if not for the stupidly OP puppets yeeted in groups of 3-6 at you. (On the plus side, the update means Sinian is no longer completely useless... instead being VERY helpful in this area... pretty sure with flame ring and magic setup she can 3 shot most of the puppets).

Nuan is also still a good choice but has the problem that her attack before Yuyu an Akagiri are single unit targets.
Even before the 2.0 update my go-to team was Nuan, Sinian, Sable, and Jyla because you could usually destroy every encounter with instant strikes before the enemies got a turn, and if you didn't think that would work then Jyla and Nuan did insane damage with their basic attacks + Sable and Sinian would easily mop up the remaining enemies with their sweep attacks. And with Sinian's huge magic attack stat, her mass heal spell would always get everyone to 100% health. Add in the Mother's Blade/Shield and you were basically unstoppable.

Except for that creepy red lady in the City of Mist that would just say "screw you" and curse everyone or insta-kill everyone.

Reactions: Anon2579

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Puzzle would be less painful if not for the stupidly OP puppets yeeted in groups of 3-6 at you.
Usually, but not always, if there's a puppeteer in the enemy group... you can take out the puppeteer (even if the puppeteer is herself a puppet) to take out some or all of the other puppets in the fight. There's at least one enemy group in that dungeon where this doesn't work, though. I wonder if that's an oversight. (The one fight with the puppeteer apprentice and the two Guardians is not the fight in question, but it's easy anyway since her "wake up!" slap doesn't deal enough damage to get them past the HP threshold where they stop just staring blankly.)

The Ruby Mage-Ring is very powerful on the new ally you recruit in that dungeon, incidentally...
Bring her to that fan of hers in West Beach Outpost, and talk to her to spawn a book on the desk nearby. Pick this book up to add a new skill to her JP learnset; learning this skill will allow her to equip Puppet attachments such as the Flamethrower and learn Puppet moves-- such as another copy of Flamethrower, and yes, you will have multiple nigh-identical Flamethrower skills in her movelist each with a separate pool of 4 charges. They hit about as hard as Sinian's Blaze. Her Genius Design I&II skills don't seem to work on herself, though-- neither in human form nor with actual Puppet status.

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Well... I just discovered a new and interesting thing... Apparently Grim Blades Reaping mechanic now does a instakill... on stuff that is invulnerable normally.
I don't think that's new. The instant-kill effect has always existed on that weapon, with a really low chance of happening (the item's description says 1%). As that is the only enemy in the game that is supposed to be invulnerable, that's the only situation where it really shouldn't work. Vhiel probably didn't cover that scenario occurring. I mentioned it on the Discord. There's a place to report bugs there.

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
As that is the only enemy in the game that is supposed to be invulnerable, that's the only situation where it really shouldn't work. Vhiel probably didn't cover that scenario occurring. I mentioned it on the Discord. There's a place to report bugs there.
I know about the previous instakill ability the blade had. I just never had it work on Kempiat Golem... that was a suprise. Thats what I wanted to show off.

I stand corrected, The most overpowered unit in the game isn't Nuan... Its Jyla or Sable. Ripper Knifes are ridiculous (Though do suffer from dealing dark type damage... so are worse than useless on certain bosses)

As for Flirt grinding, Labratory basement in the Blue Orb labs is a great site (The presence of a nearby TP, plenty of refresh points and the ability to choose when to fight/what to fight makes things MUCH easier to do).

Also, I swear the Mating Cockring has been moved from where it was previously (Hell, I don't think Ive found ANY of the feral inducing items for Sable yet... are they still around and have been moved or has it been REMOVED entirely?)

Also, Commoner makes a VERY good puppet fodder for Samona (Asura Golem with Mother Blade/Ripper Blade depending on if you want to buff overall DPS or just want a Puppet City of mist imitation murderblender). Not to mention Samona's skills make any puppet on the team with her (if the passive are unlocked) get hilariously boosted (Lvl 13 Multiphase murder blender build is hilarious)

Ironically enough, the fact Nuan Cannot use Knifes at all hurts her given the Ripper knife is so utterly busted here... She still gets help from spirit Yusei but still...

Finally, If you defeat Lyra at Max power you can either Mercy or Punish her (I chose mercy ) and get a item called the Luna charm (Which straightup Boosts the stats of whoever you stick it on by 20%...)

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
I know about the previous instakill ability the blade had. I just never had it work on Kempiat Golem... that was a suprise. Thats what I wanted to show off.

I stand corrected, The most overpowered unit in the game isn't Nuan... Its Jyla or Sable. Ripper Knifes are ridiculous (Though do suffer from dealing dark type damage... so are worse than useless on certain bosses)

As for Flirt grinding, Labratory basement in the Blue Orb labs is a great site (The presence of a nearby TP, plenty of refresh points and the ability to choose when to fight/what to fight makes things MUCH easier to do).

Also, I swear the Mating Cockring has been moved from where it was previously (Hell, I don't think Ive found ANY of the feral inducing items for Sable yet... are they still around and have been moved or has it been REMOVED entirely?)

Also, Commoner makes a VERY good puppet fodder for Samona (Asura Golem with Mother Blade/Ripper Blade depending on if you want to buff overall DPS or just want a Puppet City of mist imitation murderblender). Not to mention Samona's skills make any puppet on the team with her (if the passive are unlocked) get hilariously boosted (Lvl 13 Multiphase murder blender build is hilarious)

Ironically enough, the fact Nuan Cannot use Knifes at all hurts her given the Ripper knife is so utterly busted here... She still gets help from spirit Yusei but still...

Finally, If you defeat Lyra at Max power you can either Mercy or Punish her (I chose mercy ) and get a item called the Luna charm (Which straightup Boosts the stats of whoever you stick it on by 20%...)
I'd vote for Jyla, she's the one character I always want in my party. This run I also just stuck to attack darts with Jyla, since I like her having abit more speed than Nuan.
As for the feral inducing ring, it's still on the same map BUT it's been moved to the other side of the wall.

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
Honestly the biggest problem I feel there currently is... is that there are No real good options for dealing with demons, the best attacks in the game are either:

High CP (Colossus)

High Level (Akagiri... which is also high CP)

Flame attribute (Flame dance), this is an especially big problem for Sinian, whom has OVER half her spell arsenal being fire or void (Mostly fire)... which means you straightup are screwing yourself for using her at demon spire... which sucks since she is so useful now with the addition of rings and the fact she actually has a attribute less magic attack instead of flail angrily for a default attack)

Dark attribute (Void spell... Ripper Knives)

Underpowered (See most of weapons you can find)

One Off weapons (See mothers blade, Mother shield and Royal Saber... Grim Blade is easiest of these blades to get as its basically given to you)

Soul Weapons (Which lock you out of a specific characters epilogue/ending scene if they are used in a final boss)

Royal pains in the ass to obtain (Laelaep Uniform farming and such... also royal saber)

That and while some Transformation will let you keep "memento" skills from them (Cow, Bimbo and Succubus*), most of them are situational and or locked 90% of the time... which does suck abit (Lactate from cow is straightup a poormans heal... which sucks given it costs literally thousands of gold to obtain if you use feed). Some more skills usable even in default class would be nice... that and buffing the few skills there are (As the fact Lactate is so shit after wasting time grinding cows to lvl 15 is just... ouch)

Also, being able to buy tomes for spell learning of offensive spells would be good aswell (If the Maker want to ensure each Magic unit can't be homogenised by doing that, make the spells on sale tier 1 (stuff like smite and thunder... or ice and blizzard and such) since atm, certain units become useless otherwise since they have no options (Which sounds like it could promote other unit usage... but those units are also somewhat neutered by this problem)

*The candy drop rate though can go to hell... try grinding for THAT in the cathedral of spirit... NOT fun (yes I know you can get them MUCH easier at demon spire... but that is literally end game for a transformation that gives 1, new ability... not even a terribly useful one given the lust cost straightup goes against most mage builds)

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
I was saying that it might have just not activated previously, due to the low odds.

As HikkiG said, the chest was moved slightly. Alternatively, the Feral Forestkin (found in the Forest near Mt. Pleasant) can drop the Mating Cockring, and the Forestkin Guard (found in the Mindmill) can drop the Chastity Cockring, both of which can cause Feral.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
*The candy drop rate though can go to hell... try grinding for THAT in the cathedral of spirit... NOT fun (yes I know you can get them MUCH easier at demon spire... but that is literally end game for a transformation that gives 1, new ability... not even a terribly useful one given the lust cost straightup goes against most mage builds)
There are three candies in a chest in one of the puzzle rooms in Alisha's house. Once the Succubus status is in your journal from using one, the Traveler starts selling candies too.

Lust cost is ezpz, since a Succubus can use Masturbate between fights to replenish whenever she wants. Equip Luxatep's dress and a Slime Hard Hat to refill Lust more quickly and easily.

As for dealing with demons, there's an alternative now. Bring a Slime, use Splash to render the enemy vulnerable to electricity, and then hit the enemy with electric attacks: Alisha has several, the new Orc ally can craft and fire electric bullets (but maybe Light bullets would be stronger against demons anyway?), Sinian has Storm, Nuan has Thunder Strike, and anyone who spends time as a Copy Princess can learn Smite and Thunder. (Caveat: I haven't tried it myself yet. If it turns out not to work that well, I'd like to know about that too.)
If there's a water spell, I might like to know whether the new Orc ally can craft Water bullets-- and whether these bullets can inflict the same status as Splash.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Honestly by the time you reach demon island: you can just spam multiple colossus at that point and those demons won't be able to even fight back, but that aside you also have easy to spam options with Jyla and Annie's native toolkits. Plus you now have access to expanded puppet class with access to many powerful builds and equipment, and LW can also go into either puppet or orc and be one of your hardest hitting units in the game. Game has so many options for offense, especially after 2.0, that I have hard time refraining from killing bosses in two rounds (including final boss and Rokkas), Marisa might be the only enemy I can't just near-insta-kill.
Really (Anon2579), I think you should explore more of the game and various options it offers. Yterre+maid is a popular burst build, and so are quad-hammer asura puppets with free-attack spam Samona is able to abuse. Alisha's toolkit, while abit more dangerous to use compared to 1.4, offers plenty of possibilities too.

Anon2579

Jul 29, 2020
Honestly by the time you reach demon island: you can just spam multiple colossus at that point and those demons won't be able to even fight back, but that aside you also have easy to spam options with Jyla and Annie's native toolkits. Plus you now have access to expanded puppet class with access to many powerful builds and equipment, and LW can also go into either puppet or orc and be one of your hardest hitting units in the game. Game has so many options for offense, especially after 2.0, that I have hard time refraining from killing bosses in two rounds (including final boss and Rokkas), Marisa might be the only enemy I can't just near-insta-kill.
Really (Anon2579), I think you should explore more of the game and various options it offers. Yterre+maid is a popular burst build, and so are quad-hammer asura puppets with free-attack spam Samona is able to abuse. Alisha's toolkit, while abit more dangerous to use compared to 1.4, offers plenty of possibilities too.
I havent actually got round to maid build yet... need to get to that (Also Planning a Golem run and a Slime/megaslime run later)

Regarding Colossus, It is good for standard enemies but pretty bad on strong solo enemies Ive found.

As for Samona, she is Very usefull... if you are willing to set her up she is pretty disgustingly powerful...

regarding Alisha though, how do you use her effectively? Since I find her tech to be on the underwhelming side (Even when using tech forge to make higher end items for her to use, best use Ive got currently is her as relic with lvl 10 Lust gauge tripler)

Finally... Its more a problem I have about certain units straightup being inferior to others (As by endgame can you reasonably say you would use Sinian or Liliana (unless you are abusing Royal edict) over Sable, Jyla, Nuan and Annie*?)

*Annie Is pretty powerful if you build her well... though is kinda buggered the moment a lust spell hits

Also certain class's are straightup bad (I was a tad salty that I ground for Candies to get a pretty underwhelming skill*)

*Didn't actually know about the Alisha house ones... which room are they in? (Left or Right? paths), also... Ignition Flame is pretty underwhelming given bottled Breath is literally better in every way (For 1 you don't use your turn on it, it is also dirt cheap)

As magic units still suffer pretty bad damage fall off by end game (They will carry you during opening stages but by the end are mostly relegated to support.... since why bother that a magic attack can hit for 200-450 damage when Nuan can do between 400-1600 in the same turn? Or Sable can fill multitarget better with Collosus?)

The only exception Ive found is Liliana (Royal edict), Sinain has the problem of her attack spell arsenal (unless you use Witch hat to increase spell pool) being really small outside fire options, Yettre has her's built round her Maid toolkit (I still need to use her with maids properly... maybe next run) and Samona is less magic and more Puppet Commander with abit of magic (She can Mage with her stats... but not really worth it as her Puppet support options are just straightup better)

Last edited:

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
Hopefully someone can make a hard mode for this version soon.
Kinda sad theres no official one honestly.
Hard mode is planned officially, just a lot of work, as it is gonna be more than just a stat increase for enemies

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
regarding Alisha though, how do you use her effectively? Since I find her tech to be on the underwhelming side (Even when using tech forge to make higher end items for her to use, best use Ive got currently is her as relic with lvl 10 Lust gauge tripler)
There are quite a few things you can do with Alisha.
-As far as I can tell, every single enemy in the game (except for Kepiat's Golem but that one's not even supposed to be killable) has a multiple of 5 for their max HP, so she can open fights with Perfected Calculaser if nobody else hits the enemy first (e.g. if Nuan is using Focus or Cruelty, or if other Combat characters are using the Skeleton Warrior's Dirge to charge up)
-Her skillset style is that she's cooldown-based rather than resource-based, so she can do this every single battle-- or you could have her open every battle with a Mass Barrier to reduce attrition damage on the way between restore points (Flaw: low Agility means the enemy might move first)
-She specializes in electric damage, and her Cyberclaws can be equipped to Sable too; if her Lust is kept above half, she can easily cycle back and forth between Tech attacks, spamming them forever at no real cost
-Tripled max Lust makes the Maid class's overpowered-- but risky-- Devotion Attack extremely safe to use, and the Maid's new Tension Attack skill sounds positively nutty with tripled max Lust as well
-Very high Passion means she can open fights with multiple Instant Strikes even aside from the Barrier/Calculaser thing
-Teach her Funeral March from the Skeleton Warrior class and-- with that same high Passion-- she can open fights with that instead (Nuan can do this too; the others' lowish Passion makes it more difficult to get it to work with them; you can also further inflate Passion for anyone with the Empower, Obedience, and Aroused statuses, though the latter two seem to be mutually exclusive)
-She's the only one who has both the Dirty Mind passive (access to Naughty skills without a Naughty status on herself) and a weapon slot (new problems: Bimbo attacks are not as strong as they probably ought to be, and the ones with percentage-based Lust costs are actually really damn difficult for Lv10 Alisha to use)
-Vibes can give her Lust without consuming a turn midbattle, for use with Succubus magic (and tripled max Lust means an enormous "mana" pool)

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Hopefully someone can make a hard mode for this version soon.
Kinda sad theres no official one honestly.
So I recently found this game and took a liking to it even though it felt somewhat easy (at the start for me at least). I ended up playing around with some of the files to make it harder for me. Changes made are:
  • All enemies should regenerate 100% mp at the end each turn (this was done so they use spells that cost mp more throughout the fight)
  • Increased total number of uses for limited use spells enemies use that didn't cost mp to use
  • Curative items only work 25% of the time but curative spells were not adjusted (in case you are close to defeat in combat and don't want to leave things to chance)
  • Enemy status effects have a higher chance to hit (typically increased the percent chance by 25%-30% or in certain cases made the status effect 100%)
  • XP was cut in half all enemies
Do note I have not completed the game using these changes so I am not sure if the game is beatable against harder mobs/bosses. I recommend you back up your enemies, items, and skills json files before using my modified files.

Last edited:
Reactions: itami_no_hana

Philia

Dec 27, 2020
sportsfan30
Thank you for making this little hardcore patch, do you mind if I give a little feedback?
Some pages ago we discussed and playtested a different hard mod made for v1.4, and I found it to be almost just the right amount of difficult:
I love the fast travel change, have long since made a rule for myself to only do exactly that, but it's even better when coded into the game.

Personally I like the 75% fail rate on curatives and have cleared half the game this way, although it might be because of how I enjoy gambling with transformative states.
Watching more and more items fly away without knowing when you'll be liberated is to me hot, kind of like having to struggle out of bondage. And with a steady income you'll regain some of the gold "wasted" in no time, if you have one member as a Server and one as a Egghole.

Another possible modification I was pondering yesterday; Could we have an option to limit or disable the curative skills learned, since they effectively serve as free options to cure statuses endlessly? Here's a number of alternatives:
#1 Make all curative tomes way more expensive, and remove them from all chests and enemies, and disable curative skills learned through JP
#2 Replace all curative tomes with damaging/healing/transforming ones
#3 Replace all curative tomes with heaps of gold (as boring as that seems)
#4 Only curative skills learned through JP can be used
#5 Curative skills hold something like 5 charges and work every time, but can't ever be recharged in any way (have to teach other allies if you want more charges)

Option #2 or #3 seem the easiest, but seriously don't do #3. #4 seems a bit too easy too. I think I like Option #5 the most, but dunno how hard that'd be to implement. Option #1 could be interesting depending on just how much less obtainable it gets, although once you get one such skill it already puts a large crack in the economy so... I dunno. Option #5 with the addition of disabling JP skills entirely seem like the most attractive modification to me.
Oh, but maybe retain only the Cure spell, as that one helps with all those minor "paralysis" statuses that you really don't wanna waste mind cleansers on.

Either way! I'll try your latest mod soon, as the 1.25x stat I've been rolling with is getting a bit too easy with 4+ members.
We discussed these changes for a couple pages, and I beat the game using the very final mod this deleted user posted, in around 15 hours of playtime. Could've been more challenging, especially after getting 4+ members and getting enough cash to cure most TFs. It'd be hotter if forced to stay in transformations for longer, due to lack of funds, difficult encounters, etc....

Now after playing the vanilla 2.0. ver. I'm a little burnt out unfortunatly, but if you want to make a challenging mod then I warmly reccommend the above changes that they made for 1.4.:)

Also, is there any way you can replicate and update this speed-up mod from 1.4, to work with 2.0 and onwards? Just wondering. I have no idea how much work it really takes:
if you feel the fights are too slow, i added a battle speed up to the game. It may maybe make the battle a little unstable, but till now it did his work without any crush.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
sportsfan30
Thank you for making this little hardcore patch, do you mind if I give a little feedback?
Some pages ago we discussed and playtested a different hard mod made for v1.4, and I found it to be almost just the right amount of difficult:

We discussed these changes for a couple pages, and I beat the game using the very final mod this deleted user posted, in around 15 hours of playtime. Could've been more challenging, especially after getting 4+ members and getting enough cash to cure most TFs. It'd be hotter if forced to stay in transformations for longer, due to lack of funds, difficult encounters, etc....

Now after playing the vanilla 2.0. ver. I'm a little burnt out unfortunatly, but if you want to make a challenging mod then I warmly reccommend the above changes that they made for 1.4.:)

Also, is there any way you can replicate and update this speed-up mod from 1.4, to work with 2.0 and onwards? Just wondering. I have no idea how much work it really takes:
Unfortunately I will be busy for the next month or two so I will not have the time required to go through ~850 map files to check for quick travel points and chests.

I don't want to risk reusing old v1.4 files for 2.01. With how RPG Maker works if some coding was done for 2.01 on a json that has those 1.4 adjustments, then those 2.0 changes could be lost or corrupt the game when trying to merge. RPG Maker is a shitty program when dealing with version control. For me to do those exact changes I would have to go line by line of the 1.4v files, understand each change and make those exact parameter changes for 2.01.

I did make a v2 of my patch. I just ran into haigure and once infected it was an inescapable party wipe with my current settings. For the restoration skills, I am not sure how best to tackle them without removing them out right. I could lower the percent chance they work but that seems overboard for skills/spells that have limited uses. Worst case, I keep the skills/spells intact but remove their ability to cleanse debuffs making them worthless.

Oh and I was mistaken about the item adjustments. My previous patch had a 50% chance for items to work not 25%. I reduced them to 25%, but increased the chance for Mind Cleanser to remove Haigure loop (otherwise 25% * 25% = 6.25% to break free).

As for the speed up, I think I got it working. I am including a different file which only modifies the game's js folder. If you are using any custom mods (i.e. cheat plugin) that include custom JS this will break those mods. Just backup your your js folder before using the file.

Reactions: Philia
4.30 star(s) 21 Votes