Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Yterre's head maid did said she has limited combat experience...
Sure, but it's weird that the ice-elemental equivalent to Thunder Strike and Fury Strike is a Magic instead of a Combat skill, and that her base form can use exactly as many Combat skills as the Lost Wizard's (i.e. zero). ...And fewer than Alisha's with a fancy hat.

Right now the Lost Wizard seems to be the best Bride choice considering her benefits and how easy it is to marry her (almost all Flirt towards her, maybe with the exception of being Yterre's Maid, results in affection increase). Makes sense, since her whole purpose is to reward the player for "experimenting" with her. Even the enemy can benefit from messing with her.
I'd lean towards picking her, too. "Tanky Sinian" and "Tanky Nuan" can be accomplished via Puppet status, after all, and with three-digit Agility thanks to one of Samona's passives. (I don't think they can benefit from Obedience or Empower this way, but... Asuran Frames and immunity to most statuses are probably more than worth it.)

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
So I found a few oddities while turning girls into Scarecrows using the Harvest Icon:

1. After I use it on Liliana, I can't use it on anyone else.

2. After I turned LW into a Scarecrow, I went to Verona's bar to assign Samona as a Server, but the girl that became a Server was the LW. I don't know if this has to do with Samona being at the bottom of the list.

3. When I turned Jyla and Nuan into Scarecrows, using Colossus caused both of them to use Colossus as well as if they were Faceless Maids.

I'm pretty sure I came across some big bugs, but until it's fixed I'm gonna exploit the hell out of it

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
So I found a few oddities while turning girls into Scarecrows using the Harvest Icon:

2. After I turned LW into a Scarecrow, I went to Verona's bar to assign Samona as a Server, but the girl that became a Server was the LW. I don't know if this has to do with Samona being at the bottom of the list.

3. When I turned Jyla and Nuan into Scarecrows, using Colossus caused both of them to use Colossus as well as if they were Faceless Maids.

I'm pretty sure I came across some big bugs, but until it's fixed I'm gonna exploit the hell out of it
As long as we're being honest about bugs that benefit the player enormously, I'll share some I found.

Soulgem gear can be duplicated by equipping them to characters that are not in your active four party slots, then fighting a battle. After the fight, the game will examine your inventory and main four characters' equipment... it'll notice the soulgem gear is "missing," and spawn new copies into your inventory as a failsafe. So you can generate copies of each soulgem sword or soulgem ring for the rest of your party minus three. (I like to duplicate the Lost Wizard's Soulgem Ring for its +100% EXP. ...And have her as a Skull-Masked Zombie so she can even learn some Combat skills while my party is all wearing her soul.) When you finally want to put the gear back into soulgem form, all copies are removed from your inventory and you get only one soulgem back. It's probably for the best that it prevents any further weirdness in that way.

If you equip a Sentient Frame to a Puppet, then close and reopen the menu (to confirm the form change) and remove it or swap it for a different Frame... the Puppet will retain its Sentient skillset even though it is no longer Sentient. This will persist until the next time you heal at a Restore Point.
This means
1) You can have Magic or Combat on a Puppet without using a Magus/Healing/Warrior Core, if that character's default class had access to it. And
2) an Alisha Puppet can use Tech, an Annie Puppet can use her usual wide variety of Spell Bullets in the Combat menu (plus the Puppet Shot in her Puppet menu), and a Puppet Jyla can use Steal. ...Even with Asura Frames on.

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022

I can now flirt with the Scarecrows the same way I can cast twelve Colossuses in one turn

And now the Harvest Icon just decides to not work sometimes. So I guess it's slightly bugged

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
Oh, and does anyone know what does the Gambler's card attacks do? Does she summon extra bosses? I never saw that attack cause I always get to disable it from the roulette lol

asdfjklö1237891414

Jul 8, 2022
Having a problem with fighting Kasmut in front of the Tomb of Luxatep. Is it right that after losing to her once, she will just let you pass and never fight you again? Can i still get the "Mercy/Punishment" rewards?

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
Having a problem with fighting Kasmut in front of the Tomb of Luxatep. Is it right that after losing to her once, she will just let you pass and never fight you again? Can i still get the "Mercy/Punishment" rewards?
Really? Haven't heard of any bosses that lets you do that.
Oh, and what part of her fight are you having trouble with?

swpkmn

Feb 19, 2020
Not that I have experienced. From what I have seen, if you lose to either the guards or Kasmut, the guards block the entrance like before.

Choosing Mercy causes Kasmut to attack you again. Winning gives you another Mercy/Punish option, with the same results. This repeats a bit more, but eventually she will concede defeat if you keep choosing Mercy.
Choosing Punish at any time takes away Kasmut's free will. Interestingly, you can do this later anyway if you go the Mercy route.

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019

As long as we're being honest about bugs that benefit the player enormously, I'll share some I found.

Soulgem gear can be duplicated by equipping them to characters that are not in your active four party slots, then fighting a battle. After the fight, the game will examine your inventory and main four characters' equipment... it'll notice the soulgem gear is "missing," and spawn new copies into your inventory as a failsafe. So you can generate copies of each soulgem sword or soulgem ring for the rest of your party minus three. (I like to duplicate the Lost Wizard's Soulgem Ring for its +100% EXP. ...And have her as a Skull-Masked Zombie so she can even learn some Combat skills while my party is all wearing her soul.) When you finally want to put the gear back into soulgem form, all copies are removed from your inventory and you get only one soulgem back. It's probably for the best that it prevents any further weirdness in that way.

If you equip a Sentient Frame to a Puppet, then close and reopen the menu (to confirm the form change) and remove it or swap it for a different Frame... the Puppet will retain its Sentient skillset even though it is no longer Sentient. This will persist until the next time you heal at a Restore Point.
This means
1) You can have Magic or Combat on a Puppet without using a Magus/Healing/Warrior Core, if that character's default class had access to it. And
2) an Alisha Puppet can use Tech, an Annie Puppet can use her usual wide variety of Spell Bullets in the Combat menu (plus the Puppet Shot in her Puppet menu), and a Puppet Jyla can use Steal. ...Even with Asura Frames on.
The developer Vhiel is NOT on these forums, and in fact doesn't like them at all, so posting bug reports here is kinda useless, best to go to the Discord server to report them there (Though best to not mention you are coming from these forums, since as I said Vhiel really don't like them)

asdfjklö1237891414

Jul 8, 2022
Not that I have experienced. From what I have seen, if you lose to either the guards or Kasmut, the guards block the entrance like before.

Choosing Mercy causes Kasmut to attack you again. Winning gives you another Mercy/Punish option, with the same results. This repeats a bit more, but eventually she will concede defeat if you keep choosing Mercy.
Choosing Punish at any time takes away Kasmut's free will. Interestingly, you can do this later anyway if you go the Mercy route.
Playing on a few more battles, i've seen that Kasmut just returns at a later time to stop you from raiding the actual tomb. Still a bit weird ... From what i've experienced, i can tell:
if you win against the guards, win against Kasmut in her first battle, then choose mercy but then lose, she'll just disappear until further notice. Which made me think that the game was bugged out...

Thanks anyways!

asdfjklö1237891414

Jul 8, 2022
Hi guys, don't know if my game is somehow bugged again. Could someone show me a playthrough of Mt. Pleasant? I got the Forestkins key (and as expected can't open the drawer in the Mayor's office). I'm at the greenhouse as i remember from earlier playthroughs a few years ago, but i can't open it, since it says "it's locked".

I play on hard mode. Is it possible that there's something wrong with my (in the meantime) waaay too long save to revert?

Traveler12345

Mar 20, 2022
Hi guys, don't know if my game is somehow bugged again. Could someone show me a playthrough of Mt. Pleasant? I got the Forestkins key (and as expected can't open the drawer in the Mayor's office). I'm at the greenhouse as i remember from earlier playthroughs a few years ago, but i can't open it, since it says "it's locked".

I play on hard mode. Is it possible that there's something wrong with my (in the meantime) waaay too long save to revert?
You have to meet the Maestro after you defeat the Forestkin for the greenhouse key

Or if you already did that then I have no clue since I haven't played hard mode

asdfjklö1237891414

Jul 8, 2022
You have to meet the Maestro after you defeat the Forestkin for the greenhouse key

Or if you already did that then I have no clue since I haven't played hard mode
Small update on that one:
it was actually "bugged". Or rather not. But "Hard Mode" had a strange setting called "Randomize Keys", which i somehow activated. Worst decision, wouldn't recommend...
It does what you expect: Keys are randomized, so if you're unlucky, you just can't continue with your game ...

I proceeded to create a debug-shortcut for the game, got into the debugger-mode and deactivated the "Randomize Keys"-Feature. Then i reactivated that i have to battle the Forestkin in their village, and got the key through that and then reactivated the "Randomize Keys"-Feature (since i'm still probably missing keys of the earlier "levels", since the randomizer reminds itself of what keys the player already has.

In case anyone wants to follow my path:
Look up how to create a debug version of the game (basically just add " debug" to the end of the path in the shortcut to the game.exe). Then Press F9 while in game.
The relevant entries for those 2 settings are at around 300-500 somewhere (i think 430 was about the Forestkin), and 2020 (for deactivating the "Randomize Keys"-Flag).

Nepler

Jul 15, 2020
I love that game but I'm completely stuck. How do I solve the city of mist puzzle ? How do I solve the Luxatep tomb dungeon ? Where can I find more locations ? I have no idea what I'm doing and am completely lost

4.30 star(s) 21 Votes